Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

The Book with Seven Seals - FOUND

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#76    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 22 December 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

It wasn't "found" like some sort of historical artefact.

The claim is that a copy of a CD-ROM produced in 1995 called "Ancient Civilisations of the Mediterranean" was sent back in time along with a 386-based PC for viewing it and that ancient people used it as inspiration for stuff they did and that as a result it closely matches some descriptions in ancient texts.  The person making the claim says that he has made many amazing close matches between the CD-ROM and ancient texts and this is proof that they had access to this CD-ROM, not that he has found the actual CD that travelled through time.

The CD-ROM in question is, amazingly, on sale on Amazon still - http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00004UCOQ

Good luck anyone trying to get it running, as it was designed for Windows 3.1

I think that's the rough idea anyway.  I came across this same claim years ago on another forum.  It's definitely one of the odder claims I've come across.  Why would someone with the technology necessary for time travel use such an archaic technology when, like I said, you could send back an iPad or Kindle with the same info on it and which are much smaller, lighter and easier to use.
ok color me stupid but who made the cd in question? the one that is being sold. and how is it they came to the information in the first place?
i ask because i really haven't found that information in any place i look. it all starts with the cd already existing and very little if any background is given

#77    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostJGirl, on 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

ok color me stupid but who made the cd in question? the one that is being sold. and how is it they came to the information in the first place?
i ask because i really haven't found that information in any place i look. it all starts with the cd already existing and very little if any background is given

Our suspicion is that it was either Eddy himself or one of his associates.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#78    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Our suspicion is that it was either Eddy himself or one of his associates.
but no one has said anything about that (most crucial) part of the whole story??
i'm also wondering why the original researcher gave up his research to eddy. that's packed with hmms right there.

#79    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,065 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostJGirl, on 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

It's just a commercial multimedia CD about ancient civilisations.    There is nothing interesting about the CD in itself.  It's just a run of the mill 1990s CD-ROM encyclopedia about ancient civilizations.  They were a dime a dozen back in the 1990s.  You could buy multimedia CD-ROMs about dinosaurs, ancient Greece, or general knowledge ones like Microsoft Encarta.

A quick Google search reveals that it was made by a French software firm called EMME, who made a whole bunch of commercial CD-ROMs about all sorts of subjects.

Note that the guy in question isn't claiming to have found the particular copy of this commercially available CD-ROM encyclopedia that was sent back in time, just that he claims to have studied a CD-ROM encyclopedia called "Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean" and supposedly found strong evidence that links it with certain ancient texts and that his conclusion is that someone must gone back in time with one of these CDs and shown it to ancient people who were inspired by it.

This would have been a CD-ROM produced with thousands of copies being sold or given away with computers.  There is no unique CD artefact being discussed.  It's not like he's claiming to have found one of Aristotle's lost books.   Just that an otherwise ordinary commercial CD-ROM about ancient civilisations must have been the source of knowledge for certain ancient texts because of whatever tests he claims to have carried out that prove beyond coincidence that they are somehow linked.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#80    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 22 December 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

It's just a commercial multimedia CD about ancient civilisations. There is nothing interesting about the CD in itself.  It's just a run of the mill 1990s CD-ROM encyclopedia about ancient civilizations.  They were a dime a dozen back in the 1990s.  You could buy multimedia CD-ROMs about dinosaurs, ancient Greece, or general knowledge ones like Microsoft Encarta.

A quick Google search reveals that it was made by a French software firm called EMME, who made a whole bunch of commercial CD-ROMs about all sorts of subjects.

Note that the guy in question isn't claiming to have found the particular copy of this commercially available CD-ROM encyclopedia that was sent back in time, just that he claims to have studied a CD-ROM encyclopedia called "Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean" and supposedly found strong evidence that links it with certain ancient texts and that his conclusion is that someone must gone back in time with one of these CDs and shown it to ancient people who were inspired by it.

This would have been a CD-ROM produced with thousands of copies being sold or given away with computers.  There is no unique CD artefact being discussed.  It's not like he's claiming to have found one of Aristotle's lost books.   Just that an otherwise ordinary commercial CD-ROM about ancient civilisations must have been the source of knowledge for certain ancient texts because of whatever tests he claims to have carried out that prove beyond coincidence that they are somehow linked.
thanks now i get it
i was caught up in the part about the cd rom being an already existing ordinary piece of merchandise. lol ok i live in bc. it takes us a bit longer...
anyway this is what i didn't get. so now it's even more ridiculous that it first appeared to me.
geez louise.

#81    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,341 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostEddy_P, on 18 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

When the documented descriptions from the encounter with the Angel are extracted from the texts written thousands of years ago by Ezekiel, Daniel, and John (over 200), a LIST is generated of the item held by the Angel and known as ‘the roll of a book written within, sealed with seven seals’.

A list generated by whom?? And known as "The roll of a book written within, sealed with seven seals" by whom??

I you are the one calling it that and you are the one making the list, then it could all be hogwash...

View PostEddy_P, on 22 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

When the contents of the 1995 produced Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean multimedia cd-rom is compared with over 200 descriptions from the three* ancient texts RE: the OP, there is over a 95 percent match of details.
Matches determined by whom? Yourself? I could go compare my personnal email to my mother with the letters George Washington wrote to his mother and there would be a 75% correlation. But it would mean nothing.

Edited by DieChecker, 23 December 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#82    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

• Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm just wondering what the seven seals were. Seven passwords? Seven layers of biometric security? Or just seven layers of plastic wrap?

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#83    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 23 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'm just wondering what the seven seals were. Seven passwords? Seven layers of biometric security? Or just seven layers of plastic wrap?

Taken the number 7 literally would be the first thing that leads nowhere. That comes from the (very ancient) 7base calculus that was already obsolete at the time when the Apocalypse was written.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#84    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Even in a base 7 system, doesn't 7 still mean seven of something? I'm probably missing some type of nuance with the symbolism here though.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#85    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 23 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Even in a base 7 system, doesn't 7 still mean seven of something? I'm probably missing some type of nuance with the symbolism here though.

seven was then the same as saying ten now, or a Score in Britain. It is in fact a undefined number. It was so undefined for many centuries that 7 times 7 did not mean 49 but infinite. So, given the cultural background we have to think of it as a book of many seals.

about me

#86    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

seven was then the same as saying ten now, or a Score in Britain. It is in fact a undefined number. It was so undefined for many centuries that 7 times 7 did not mean 49 but infinite. So, given the cultural background we have to think of it as a book of many seals.

Coolsies. So what were the many seals? *repeats previous previous post with "many" replacing "seven"

#87    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 23 December 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Coolsies. So what were the many seals? *repeats previous previous post with "many" replacing "seven"

That we have in the story too, they are actual seals that when broken open a chapter of the book and out comes a new chapter towards the end of the world.

about me

#88    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 December 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

That we have in the story too, they are actual seals that when broken open a chapter of the book and out comes a new chapter towards the end of the world.

I meant in the context of the CD-ROM being the book. Sorry for the confusion.

#89    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,421 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postsocrates.junior, on 23 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I meant in the context of the CD-ROM being the book. Sorry for the confusion.

That is so mysterious that not even the author can answer that question, evidently :devil:

about me

#90    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,341 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

That is so mysterious that not even the author can answer that question, evidently :devil:
Maybe he might try however, if he has not run screeching into the Night??

Anyway, this is all rubbish... Great Cthulu and his brother Hastur told me so in a Dream last night.

Edited by DieChecker, 23 December 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users