Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doppelgangers?

mygrassisgreen

"Doppelganger" is German for "double walker" - a shadow self that is thought to accompany every person. Traditionally, it is said that only the owner of the doppelganger can see this phantom self, and that it can be a harbinger of death. Occasionally, however, a doppelganger can be seen by a person's friends or family, resulting in quite a bit of confusion.

In instances of bilocation, a person can either spontaneously or willingly project his or her double, known as a "wraith," to a remote location. This double is indistinguishable from the real person and can interact with others just as the real person would.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/Doppelgangers/a/doppelgangers.htm

Edited by Still Waters
Added source link & reduced amount of copied text
  • Like 2

Charles Williams mentioned the doppelganger in his book "Descent into Hell" I believe. Anyway, that's a fascinating post, thanks.

Personally, I've sort of wondered about that. I mean, they gave them a name, is that a huge problem in Germany or something?

I remember when I was in Secondary School, I was sitting at the canteen awaiting assembly at around 7 AM. I saw a boy enter the school gate and walk past me into one of the buildings behind me. Then 30 seconds later, the same boy, entered the school gate AGAIN and walked past me AGAIN. It was only months later that I realised those 2 boys were twins and they were completely indistinguishable from one another. Same face, same hair, uniform worn the same manner, same bag. I thought I was going crazy at first!

• Like 1

In that article it said that the person could actually send it out like a wraith to other places, so they can actually control them?

I have my own accounts but have heard of another in my friend. She was standing on a porch at her friend's house watching her husband work on a car with his friend several hundred feet away. There was a pit bull dog milling around the men while they worked. Her 3 or 4 year old daughter meanwhile was playing in the yard at a point a few hundred feet from the men and dozens of feet from her mom in her view. All of a sudden, something the child did angered the dog and he took off running after the girl with the intent to kill and growling in a beeline for her. The mother screamed, the man turned around to see sudden death charging away from him and towards his daughter. The woman said that then in less than an instant, the man disappeared from where he was working, and just simply reappeared next to the girl and between her and the charging pit bull. Just in the nick of time he got to the dog before it got to her and began to kick it in the head until it was silly and distracted.

It is said that in times of extreme stress or illness, we can separate from our body or even transport shoes and all to another location using this weird interdimensional like wormhole. I think that is what the doppleganger is about.

• Like 1

If I meet my doppelganer i will be chopping it's head off screaming at the top of my lungs "There can only be one!"

#Highlander

• Like 4

lol. Now I can claim my evil twin really did do it.

I know I am setting myself up for ridicule here, but I have seen my doppelganger! I was around 13 years old, and I walked into my bedroom to see myself on the top deck of a bus slowly pulling away after stopping outside our house. He was identical to me in every detail, even down to the same padded 'rally jacket' and sewn-on cloth badge. He turned slowly to look straight at me, but there was 'nothing behind the eyes' if you know what I mean. Something I can remember clearly to this day.

I believe that doppelgangers are the spirits of people that aliens have cloned.

• Like 1

Sagée had a double that would appear and fade, but it was visible only to her students. Not even she could see it. One day, she was writing on the blackboard and her doppelgänger appeared beside her, imitating her every movement, except the double had no chalk in its hand. Similarly, while eating supper one evening, Sagée's doppelgänger appeared behind her and mimicked her actions, yet it possessed no silverware. Yet even more astonishing, students were in a sewing and embroidery class one day and could see Sagée in the garden picking flowers. Another teacher was supervising the class. When the teacher left the room, Sagée's doppelgänger appeared in her chair. A brave student went up to the apparition and tried to touch it, but she went right through it.

I've read these accounts. It was saying also that Sagee complained of feeling ill a lot. The same thing happened to me when my doppleganger began appearing. The accounts are here: http://www.unexplain...opic=232445&hl=

There are so many things that I documented that challenge what we know about space and time. For instance, in one occurance my "Invisible" self [from the perspective of others] actually performed a real act [the act of gathering clothes for a shower] while the visible "me" [from the perspective of others] walked out to feed horses, an act that was not done in reality upon checking just after.

The invisible me had these qualities:

1. Memory of all events inside the house but not where my doppleganger was seen.

2. Actions that produced physical results.

3. The inability to communicate with others [so not only was my body, but my voice was also "invisible"], even while screaming at the top of my lungs.

4. The inability to see others in the same place and time as I was [a girl entered my room while I was gathering clothes. She did not see me and I did not see her].

5. The ability though to hear others, .

The visible me had these qualities:

1. The ability to be seen by others

2. The inability to produce physical results

3. Wearing the same trappings as I was at the precise time, down to the drywall mud on my jacket.

4. Complete lack of mental presence, like a film projection. .

Edited by SSilhouette

The stories about some doppelgangers are freaky, like Emilie Sagée's:

Sagée had a double that would appear and fade, but it was visible only to her students. Not even she could see it. One day, she was writing on the blackboard and her doppelgänger appeared beside her, imitating her every movement, except the double had no chalk in its hand. Similarly, while eating supper one evening, Sagée's doppelgänger appeared behind her and mimicked her actions, yet it possessed no silverware. Yet even more astonishing, students were in a sewing and embroidery class one day and could see Sagée in the garden picking flowers. Another teacher was supervising the class. When the teacher left the room, Sagée's doppelgänger appeared in her chair. A brave student went up to the apparition and tried to touch it, but she went right through it.

Where did this take place?

SUPERSquatch, on 09 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

The stories about some doppelgangers are freaky, like Emilie Sagée's:

Where did this take place?

France.

Edited by SSilhouette

giggles.... what would a time paradox look like if you were effected by a future being who caused a change in timeing that made the future being not exsist .

you would have two time lines of one being , just slightly out of phase... untill some event pulls them back togather into the common time line .

also , if you can not see water... but see a leaf floating in a pond ... if there is a single ripple wave in the pond everything is still... then you see motion.. then everything is still.

event horizon disruptions can be like that ... even when the thing you see seems to have nothing at all to do with the disruption ... it is connected , you just have not a clue what it is .

I'm not really sure how funny the topic is. At the time of my experiences I was actually dying but didn't realize it. I was severely anemic and still had to work like a dog. It's a wonder I didn't collapse and die. Turns out I was near that.

What happened really happened and it's left me baffled as to the aspects below. I'll post the link to my experiences again. Pay closest attention to the one with the horse stalls and the two girl witnesses.

I've read these accounts. It was saying also that Sagee complained of feeling ill a lot. The same thing happened to me when my doppleganger began appearing. The accounts are here: http://www.unexplain...opic=232445&hl=

There are so many things that I documented that challenge what we know about space and time. For instance, in one occurance my "Invisible" self [from the perspective of others] actually performed a real act [the act of gathering clothes for a shower] while the visible "me" [from the perspective of others] walked out to feed horses, an act that was not done in reality upon checking just after.

The invisible me had these qualities:

1. Memory of all events inside the house but not where my doppleganger was seen.

2. Actions that produced physical results.

3. The inability to communicate with others [so not only was my body, but my voice was also "invisible"], even while screaming at the top of my lungs.

4. The inability to see others in the same place and time as I was [a girl entered my room while I was gathering clothes. She did not see me and I did not see her].

5. The ability though to hear others, .

The visible me had these qualities:

1. The ability to be seen by others

2. The inability to produce physical results

3. Wearing the same trappings as I was at the precise time, down to the drywall mud on my jacket.

4. Complete lack of mental presence, like a film projection. .

If I meet my doppelganer i will be chopping it's head off screaming at the top of my lungs "There can only be one!"

#Highlander

I would do that as well, but first I might introduce her to my fiance as long as she was my exact duplicate or slightly less attractive.

Then I'd kill her.

• Like 1

Why slightly less attractive? You afraid of a little competition? My double was me. Just me. Split off for a few minutes.

I apparently have a "doppleganger".

When I first moved to the area I live in now (about 5 years ago) I visited the local chemist for the first time, looking for something in particular I asked the lady serving at the till if they had what I needed, she took me to where it was in the shop and then asked me if something or other had worked for me. I had no idea what she was talking about so she asked me again, adding that I had been in a couple of weeks ago. My dad who was with me told her that we'd only been in the area for about a week and this was the first time we'd been to the chemist. She swore up and down that someone had been in who looked exactly like me :unsure2:

Why slightly less attractive? You afraid of a little competition? My double was me. Just me. Split off for a few minutes.

Because I'm a jealous b word.

• Like 1

One night me and my mum were watching tv in the lounge room. My brother got out of bed, walk past use in the hallway and headed out the back. Few seconds later he came into the lounge room, looked at my mum and asked if she was just out the back. Course she wasn't and said no, he then explained that he followed someone that looked exactly like our mum down to the clothes as well, he said she went out the back and when he looked for her out there she was no where to be seen. Dunno what would have happened if he went outside to try and find her but Im glad he didn't, because you know just in case.

If I do have a doppelgänger out there I hope he's doing better then I am... I'm miserable and pleased by the two P's(Pain and Poverty).. lol