Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Paranormal Footage: Is this Real or Hoax?


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    umbop

umbop

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

For years mellowb1rd has vehemently claimed that he is posting "real" paranormal footage, I'm sure many of you are familiar with his videos.

I have my own opinion about this, which I'll keep to myself. But what do you guys think about his latest video?

Has he debunked himself, or could this be genuine?

Does this make a mockery of the work we paranormal investigators are doing? Does it validate our work?




#2    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hey umbop.

You can see shadows moving after the chairs stop. Simple video editing...

Edit: Easy to see around 12 seconds.

The video is very average.

He debunked himself.

Most paranormal investigation is itself a mockery and this makes a mockery of the mockery.

Edited by Timonthy, 09 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image


#3    umbop

umbop

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

You can also see his foot in the far right hand corner at 0:19, and his hand on the leg of the chair at 0:22

Edited by umbop, 09 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.


#4    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

View Postumbop, on 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

You can also see his foot in the far right hand corner at 0:19, and his hand on the leg of the chair at 0:22
Maybe I shouldn't have jumped in so early so that some believers could have spoken first :w00t:

Posted Image


#5    umbop

umbop

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:03 Dec 2011

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Postumbop, on 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

You can also see his foot in the far right hand corner at 0:19, and his hand on the leg of the chair at 0:22
Gotta call a spade a spade!


#6    Belial

Belial

    Devilish chappy.

  • Member
  • 4,417 posts
  • Joined:28 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In a bag of skittles, on ocean keys beach.

  • dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Poor quality edits really, every chair as flaws around the legs or seating portion of each chair, lol.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#7    Kaikou

Kaikou

    The Akuma Plant

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Joined:02 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Sadly Mellow proved himself to be a fake in this video. Not only is it making a mockery of folks working in the paranormal field, It's a slap in the face to anyone who has ever experienced the paranormal. It's hard enough as it is to try to tell others about your experiences without being mocked without hoaxers like him.


#8    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined:26 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Just because we can't see it, dosen't mean it's not there.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Perhaps the hoaxter wanted to see just what folks will believe without question?  Hard to say why some folks do what they do for sure. Do I believe this kind of thing could happen? I think it's possible but rare. I've seen and experienced some crazy stuff over the years. About the time you think you've seen it all, something new comes along and grabs your attention. It's always good to have others with you when these things happen, so you know you're not insane if they see or have the same experience too.


#9    mattryan209

mattryan209

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined:22 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think its absolutely amazing what a green screen can do.When I first watched mellowbird videos over a year and half ago,I actually thought there might be something legitimately going on because those vids looked so realistic,Having experienced something personally which is paranormal like in nature , I, at the time had let my skeptical guard down big time. The thing is, some of the videos look very realistic,but then after a while mellowbird gets lazy and post a vid like this one which is very  obviously a fake. In fact his standards have gone down some,since I last checked since I think this is one of his worst vids I've seen of his yet.

I had investigated further on the internet and found a vid in some forum,where a guy used a computer program that analyzed one of his most realistic videos which showed his shadow moving the items.The program was somehow able to take away some of the greenscreen and show what was really going on. Wish I could find that video,but I forgot which forum I saw it in,and I'm too lazy to spend the time to look for it :P

If one does just a little bit of investigation they can find how easy it is too fake a video such as this.Why do these people do it? I think they're usually the lonely type looking for attention.Some have an inferiority complex and get a high out of feeling smarter than others by fooling them to feel better about themselves,They may even be making some money because youtube will pay a certain amount of money based on viewer count. That's why I don't trust anybody who I don't know.Some of the hardcore believers who knew a thing or two about video software were railing on mellowbrds and others like him as fakes on their websites ,because  they could easily see what was happening in his vids.

Too many liars and charlatans in this world.That's why I'm extremely skeptical of a vid or photograph coming from anyone I don't know and personally trust. :yes:

Edited by mattryan209, 09 May 2012 - 08:41 PM.

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postmattryan209, on 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

I think its absolutely amazing what a green screen can do.When I first watched mellowbird videos over a year and half ago,I actually thought there might be something legitimately going on because those vids looked so realistic,Having experienced something personally which is paranormal like in nature , I, at the time had let my skeptical guard down big time. The thing is, some of the videos look very realistic,but then after a while mellowbird gets lazy and post a vid like this one which is very  obviously a fake. In fact his standards have gone down some,since I last checked since I think this is one of his worst vids I've seen of his yet.

I had investigated further on the internet and found a vid in some forum,where a guy used a computer program that analyzed one of his most realistic videos which showed his shadow moving the items.The program was somehow able to take away some of the greenscreen and show what was really going on. Wish I could find that video,but I forgot which forum I saw it in,and I'm too lazy to spend the time to look for it :P

If one does just a little bit of investigation they can find how easy it is too fake a video such as this.Why do these people do it? I think they're usually the lonely type looking for attention.Some have an inferiority complex and get a high out of feeling smarter than others by fooling them to feel better about themselves,They may even be making some money because youtube will pay a certain amount of money based on viewer count. That's why I don't trust anybody who I don't know.Some of the hardcore believers who knew a thing or two about video software were railing on mellowbrds and others like him as fakes on their websites ,because  they could easily see what was happening in his vids.

Too many liars and charlatans in this world.That's why I'm extremely skeptical of a vid or photograph coming from anyone I don't know and personally trust. :yes:
Especially these days where anyone has access to any editing software via the internet. Even the more complex software is now very user friendly. And if you can't figure anything out for yourself, a quick Google of 'xxxxxx tutorial' will give you what you need. It's kind of a shame that we have to try and debunk everything, but all the sweeter, if in our lifetime, we don't have to debunk 1 thing.

Posted Image


#11    mattryan209

mattryan209

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined:22 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

@Timothy,
Yes it would be great to reach a point where we don't have to debunk everything.What would really be great is if we could reach a point in our society where people would respect themselves and others enough not to lie and take advantage of others by trying to fool them into believing what they created is real.

@OP
Its funny because I just checked Mellowbrds site and there is a whole lot of backlash against this video.He's even trying hard to cover himself up by changing his introduction to this video in this video and another a couple days after the fact by saying they are a fake and how he wanted to experiment on what it would look like if he actually faked a video.After seeing all this backlash from his fans he's desperately trying to save himself. He made another video showing how he was "experimenting"on some of his lesser liked videos and that's why they don't look nearly as real as some of his others LOL

  He just put up a video where he says he just bought a greeensuit for the first time out of "curiosity" and says he doesn't like it because it produces too much shadows Its funny because those shadows are exactly what I saw in first popular video on his site after someone analyzed his video with a computer program and took away some of the layers he was adding to the video to try and hide the shadows.This guys desperately trying to cover his tracks ,but I think most of his fans now realize he's left the cat of the bag.I think even the most gullible of his fans are now seeing him for what he really is.I'm of the belief that you can't keep continuously lying without being exposed sooner or later. My favorite line from Mellowbrd"I don't care what anyone thinks about my videos". :rolleyes:

Edited by mattryan209, 19 May 2012 - 02:12 AM.

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

first chair gets put on table you can see his hand under the seat move away after it was placed on the table. yah its poor editing butt it shows he cann do it

Edited by Brian Topp, 26 May 2012 - 06:19 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#13    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Definitely editing involved... I can see his shadow when he moves each chair. "FAKE".

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#14    Sheetz

Sheetz

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined:04 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever you are, that's the place to be

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

since the last replies...he has actually come out and confessed to all his videos.  fishing line was his main prop for almost all his videos.  He then green suited the levitating chairs.  He has since posted videos of the editing process for some of his videos.  quite the fishing line guru. ;)


#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostSheetz, on 05 July 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

since the last replies...he has actually come out and confessed to all his videos.  fishing line was his main prop for almost all his videos.  He then green suited the levitating chairs.  He has since posted videos of the editing process for some of his videos.  quite the fishing line guru. ;)

Where is his confession? Link please.

A lot of drama has happened and there was a guy who pretended to be him with a simular name and said he lied.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users