Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If the World declares War on Islamic radicals

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#136    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I scared Thong away. :w00t:

#137    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,859 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Postpallidin, on 20 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

...suicide-vest bombers. That was Islamic's own twisted offense/defense.
Historically the world's greatest practitioners of suicide terrorism are from Sri Lanka.  And to save you some clicking, nope, they're not Muslim.   If we're truly mindful of the world, then why are we limiting our concern about global terrorism to just Islamic terrorism?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#138    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Historically the world's greatest practitioners of suicide terrorism are from Sri Lanka.  And to save you some clicking, nope, they're not Muslim.   If we're truly mindful of the world, then why are we limiting our concern about global terrorism to just Islamic terrorism?

That was the topic of my post; Islamic terrorism

Interestingly you mention Sri Lanka. I was not aware they performed similar acts. Good to know.

Do you have a reference that radical Sri Lanka's currently do this, and that they are NOT Islamic sympathizers?

Edited by pallidin, 21 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#139    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yamato, do you have a specific position on the use of suicide bombers?

Edited by pallidin, 21 January 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#140    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,859 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

View Postpallidin, on 21 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

That was the topic of my post; Islamic terrorism

Interestingly you mention Sri Lanka. I was not aware they performed similar acts. Good to know.

Do you have a reference that radical Sri Lanka's currently do this, and that they are NOT Islamic sympathizers?
I mentioned Sri Lanka because you seem to have an interest in fighting terrorism limited to Islamic suicide terrorism.  My question remains unanswered, why are you not acknowledging global efforts to fight all kinds of terrorism and if you're going to use "the world" as the subject of your post, why aren't you willing to look at every form of terrorism throughout the world?  

If martyrdom is your real problem that you wanted to debate, I will start out by saying that dying for what you believe in has been revered throughout history and cultures as the most vindicating thing that a person can do.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#141    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 January 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

I mentioned Sri Lanka because you seem to have an interest in fighting terrorism limited to Islamic suicide terrorism.  My question remains unanswered, why are you not acknowledging global efforts to fight all kinds of terrorism and if you're going to use "the world" as the subject of your post, why aren't you willing to look at every form of terrorism throughout the world?  

If martyrdom is your real problem that you wanted to debate, I will start out by saying that dying for what you believe in has been revered throughout history and cultures as the most vindicating thing that a person can do.

Of course ALL terrorism is disdained and repugnant, but I was specifically asking about Islamic terrorists.

#142    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,859 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postpallidin, on 21 January 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

Of course ALL terrorism is disdained and repugnant, but I was specifically asking about Islamic terrorists.
It's up to the people of other countries to determine what kind of country they're going to be.  It's up to the religions to determine what kind of religion they're going to be.  Either we're still going to believe in this militancy that we can change hearts and minds with bombs and bullets or we can focus on all terrorists of the world and put an end to much of the world's violence between nations.  

People are universally motivated by revenge; that doesn't fit in an Islam-shaped box.  Stop feeding the people you wish to defeat with anymore violence.

#143    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,957 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostYamato, on 21 January 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

It's up to the people of other countries to determine what kind of country they're going to be.  It's up to the religions to determine what kind of religion they're going to be.  Either we're still going to believe in this militancy that we can change hearts and minds with bombs and bullets or we can focus on all terrorists of the world and put an end to much of the world's violence between nations.  

People are universally motivated by revenge; that doesn't fit in an Islam-shaped box.  Stop feeding the people you wish to defeat with anymore violence.
Sermonizing on justice and equality and attitudes about how best to bring peace to the world notwithstanding, I don't really CARE what Muslims think, believe or how they raise their children.  They are welcome to do anything they like to enjoy their lives, prosper and be at peace with me, themselves and the rest of the world.  It's when they decide to kill to promote their religion that I draw a line.  When they do that they are human refuse in my eyes and deserving of being put down - just as the Algerians did.  And the same standard is applied to Christians and Jews.  But last I checked you don't hear of any of the last two groups blowing themselves up for their God.  Nobody has a right to kill others to make them followers of a certain religion and anyone who justifies such behavior is no better than those who do the killing.  Their hands just don't get as messy.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#144    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,859 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

View Postand then, on 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Sermonizing on justice and equality and attitudes about how best to bring peace to the world notwithstanding, I don't really CARE what Muslims think, believe or how they raise their children.  They are welcome to do anything they like to enjoy their lives, prosper and be at peace with me, themselves and the rest of the world. It's when they decide to kill to promote their religion that I draw a line.  When they do that they are human refuse in my eyes and deserving of being put down - just as the Algerians did.  And the same standard is applied to Christians and Jews.  But last I checked you don't hear of any of the last two groups blowing themselves up for their God.  Nobody has a right to kill others to make them followers of a certain religion and anyone who justifies such behavior is no better than those who do the killing.  Their hands just don't get as messy.
And we kill to promote our politics.   WTH is so superior about that?

#145    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postpallidin, on 20 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge:

The CIA did NOT train suicide-vest bombers. That was Islamic's own twisted offense/defense. The US had nothing to do with that.

As for the Chinese analogy, where the heck did you come-up with that?

The Chinese have A WHOLE DIFFERENT take on freedom. So, that's a really poor analogy.

I would like to answer, but how could I possibly answer your question which has zero common sense.

There is never bad questions, only bad answers.

The whole point was to pretend China was the US and you where in Afghanistan... All you have to do is use your imagination.  It is also not a poor analogy, the whole point is that you are being invaded and your family is being killed etc.

And actually the Japanese used the exact same idea but with planes. So have others countries. It has always been a military tactic. When you are faced with larger numbers and the odds are against you. You have to remember that 1 death is better than many. Which means if 1 person can takeout a lot instead of losing loads of men, then it's a good tactic.

I obviously don't condone it, but I'm not a hypocrite, I also don't condone war.

View Postand then, on 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Sermonizing on justice and equality and attitudes about how best to bring peace to the world notwithstanding, I don't really CARE what Muslims think, believe or how they raise their children.  They are welcome to do anything they like to enjoy their lives, prosper and be at peace with me, themselves and the rest of the world.  It's when they decide to kill to promote their religion that I draw a line.  When they do that they are human refuse in my eyes and deserving of being put down - just as the Algerians did.  And the same standard is applied to Christians and Jews.  But last I checked you don't hear of any of the last two groups blowing themselves up for their God.  Nobody has a right to kill others to make them followers of a certain religion and anyone who justifies such behavior is no better than those who do the killing.  Their hands just don't get as messy.

So how do you justify Israel's Zionist leaders killing Palestinians........

View Postpallidin, on 20 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I have my homework, though I'm sure it's different than your's. I am after TRUTH, not conspiracy.  :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

Check the history section....

It's common knowledge now, I wish people would realise this. Even Hilary Clinton stated it on live Television.

Edited by Coffey, 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#146    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postpallidin, on 20 January 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

You keep calling me friend while hating me at the same time. Do you have some hidden love for me??  :wub:

Oh wait, you're not female, nevermind.
I am getting jealous now,, The Silver Thing calls me "fool", why can`t i be called a Troll too? Posted Image  Posted Image   its discrimination I tell ya!  Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#147    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

The Japanese kamikaze pilots are a poor analogy of "suicide vests", which is why I did not mention it.

You see, those kamikaze pilots were in a plane. Clearly marked with the Japanese symbol.

Islamic-vested suicide bombers have no markings.

As such they are not only murderer's, but cowards as well.

#148    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 January 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I am getting jealous now,, The Silver Thing calls me "fool", why can`t i be called a Troll too? Posted Image  Posted Image   its discrimination I tell ya!  Posted Image

Silver Thong has a deep, passionate, secret love for me, so don't feel too bad.

Hey Thong, are you still out there?

#149    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postpallidin, on 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

The Japanese kamikaze pilots are a poor analogy of "suicide vests", which is why I did not mention it.

You see, those kamikaze pilots were in a plane. Clearly marked with the Japanese symbol.

Islamic-vested suicide bombers have no markings.

As such they are not only murderer's, but cowards as well.
True, and I have not seen any of them mentioned in the news recently.
We could go back through history and fill up a few pages, but as you have pointed out, we are discussing the threats of today, which are affecting us in areas which are not at war, and the only ones who are openly threatening us are the islamic fundamentalists.
We had the Islamic Political party saying their bit on the streets of England a few years back, and yet some lefty do gooder thought that by defuncting the name would get rid of them altogether! It did  not.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#150    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

True, and I have not seen any of them mentioned in the news recently.
We could go back through history and fill up a few pages, but as you have pointed out, we are discussing the threats of today, which are affecting us in areas which are not at war, and the only ones who are openly threatening us are the islamic fundamentalists.
We had the Islamic Political party saying their bit on the streets of England a few years back, and yet some lefty do gooder thought that by defuncting the name would get rid of them altogether! It did  not.
Yes I know what your reffering too, I believe they were also kicked of the streets by their own people?.... Were they not?
And lol they were hardly a politcal party just a group of thugs spreading anti western propaganda.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users