Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

brand new GhostHunters episode.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#16    Mel

Mel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• But you are Blanche. You are in that wheelchair.

Posted 05 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

Allrighty...I see why there is such interest in this.  I can't quit watching it. And Michelle I agree...you would think the skeptics would be all over this one.  I missed the show...I'll catch it tomorrow.  I understand the TAPS team tried to recreate the image and really couldn't due to the speed that the image moved.

#17    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:12 PM

yeah the way it moved was almost inhuman. i think this is probabkly the most impressive ghost footage ive ever seen.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#18    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:58 PM

I tried to download it on the TAPS website but I only got gibberish. I would like to see the clip though.

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

#19    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Michelle @ Nov 4 2004, 01:53 PM)
I wonder where all the debunkers that usually jump all over something like this are? ph34r.gif

View Post

I posted the link laugh.gif

I usually don't believe a lot of the ghost footage that I have seen, a lot of it can be explained away. Don't even get me started on "orbs" rolleyes.gif

This clip isn't as impressive in the small window that pops up on the computer; when I watched it on tv I had tivo'd it, and could replay it much slower, it is pretty amazing stuff.

The only way that I could see it being faked is if they took the video footage and had someone who was very good at CG do the ghost image in a post production. It looks pretty good to me, I am impressed and that is saying something...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,720 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:13 PM

AAAHHHH that's why the rest of the debunkers that usually yell "FAKE FAKE it's a FAKE" because the great Master Fluff has spoken. tongue.gif notworthy.gif

By the way, if some of you don't know, Fluffy knows I'm kidding. wink2.gif

Edited by Michelle, 05 November 2004 - 10:26 PM.

#21    dnave24

dnave24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:44 AM

Hey All - A newbie here....

I am a member of a ghosthunting group and avid watcher of the ghosthunter show. I have played and repalyed that footage in the penn. Tho I would love to be skeptical of it, I truly can't be. The motion is too fast for anything human. If the cameras were set correctly, the lighting would want warrant the ability to see the unfamiliar surroundings. You would have to shuffle run, which this apparition was way too fast for this. This is really amazing footage and it really is fun to keep going over.

The moving chair last week was interesting too. However that footage isn't so unexplainable. Awesome but well....you all understand I'm sure.

Looking forward to more discussions....
DN

#22    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:46 AM

the chances of this footage being faked are slim to none. any ghost hunting grou  that is really as into it as TAPS and that has their own tv show would not be stupid enough to fake something like that. people who watch the show have seen how skeptical its own members are, and i dont think they are the kind of people who would do that. plus, the first time they go over any footage that they collect is done when they return from the location they were at. and they film them doing that too. i dont see how this could have been faked unless like Fliffy said, someone really good at CG had done it. i doubt TAPS has that kind of money to pay for that anyways, especially when they always buy updated equipment.

Posted Image

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#23    ChinaLove

ChinaLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:16 AM

Can somebody please help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking at in the video?  I think I see a hooded-something that's running towards the camera, then suddenly running away.  Is that what it is?

#24    Saturnine

Saturnine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(ChinaLove @ Nov 6 2004, 12:16 AM)
Can somebody please help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking at in the video?  I think I see a hooded-something that's running towards the camera, then suddenly running away.  Is that what it is?

View Post

Pretty much.  The clips were much easier to see when shown on TV; these computer clips aren't quite as clear.  Pretty much, something seems to just materialize in front of the camera, move forward a bit, and then takes off down the corridor as fast as it can.  As it runs, what appears to be a cape or cloak of some sort flaps around at its feet (this especially is tough to see on the computer, for me anyway).  Whatever it was was pretty short, was a hell of a sprinter, and knew the corridor well enough to run it blinded by darkness and a hood.  As far as anyone can tell, there was no one inside the prison, or at least that area at the time it was filmed.  I was quite impressed with the footage myself, something like this is rare.

#25    givemelv

givemelv

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:20 PM

Looks very real!!   scared.gif

#26    ChinaLove

ChinaLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:54 AM

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Saturnine:)  Yea, when I was watching it, I thought the tape had been fast-forward and rewound, it was so fast.  I also thought it was really interesting how the cape seemed to flutter around.  You could see the drapery and what-not.  Fascinating.

#27    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

This is the 3rd seperate thread for this one topic *L* Now Im also very skeptical with any pics or vids but this one has left me unable to explain. One thing I noticed when I d/loaded the file from TAPS there is a comment "after clear up" does this mean it underwent any post production ????

#28    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:55 AM

i think it would only mean that they cleaaned the tape up better so they could see the surroundings and the apparition more clearly. i doubt they would have done anything else.

Posted Image

#29    mishahoi

mishahoi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:56 PM

my first post. ::hooray::! i guess it took something as phenomenal as this footage to bring me out of the woodworks of lurkurdom.

and i gotta say, im skeptical.

...but not in the sense that i dont think its real, (it looks hella real no matter how many times i watch it until i freak myself out!) but i gotta wonder, are ghosts or apparitions ever seen running inhumanly? are they four feet tall? from the majority of accounts who have seen ghosts or apparitions, the ghosts tend to wear what they did in their lifetime. if that is true, who would be running around in a long hooded cape and hood in a penetentiary?

you ask my opinion, its not a ghost. im not sure if i totally believe in it, but methinks its perhaps... a demon or something of the sort. you know, running around like its a playground. which doesnt help me much in the *not* freaking myself out factor  dontgetit.gif  sad.gif

#30    Cotton c.

Cotton c.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• Bright Star

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:15 AM

I was hopeful they had capture sometime at the penitentiary but after reviewing it several times it was easy to see that there were two people (at least) involved; maybe three, male and female and a small rolling round seated chair, with no back and with the capability of rotating 360 degrees.  The first man either blacken his body, had on a sleeveless undershirt or the video was done in negative and doctored; probable.  The man rows up with his feet or is pulled by a rope toward the camera and he stops with his right arm over rail and his left firmly grasping the seat between his legs and all this in fast motion given away by the dust particles "floating" by so fast.  Cold or cool air along the floor would cause the dust to blow upwards in a curling motion. The second person was a woman when I freeze framed her was facing with her back to the camera and she was looking over her right shoulder toward the camera (seated on the same seat) and her hair flowing toward the railing.  She  was nude and  her hand  is placed on the second rail down in the forth section down from the view of the camera and both of these individuals are identifiable as a part of the crew in that episode; good entertainment,  I would say yes, but reality TV no.  They may have even overlaid a third individual with more rugged features.  

I believe in life after death because I have crossed over after a very severe head injury to my left side of my brain and to the brain stem.  I often feel things other people don't and have had some premonitions of the future via dreams.

Good show, I just have to remember it is entertainment not reality and that ratings count more than truth.

Cotton  original.gif [SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users