Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One surveillance camera for every 11 people

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,317 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

The Telegraph said:

The British Security Industry Authority (BSIA) estimated there are up to 5.9 million closed-circuit television cameras in the country, including 750,000 in “sensitive locations” such as schools, hospitals and care homes.

The survey’s maximum estimate works out at one for every 11 people in the UK, although the BSIA said the most likely figure was 4.9 million cameras in total, or one for every 14 people.

Both projections were higher than previous estimates which ranged between 1.5 million and four million.

Read more

Feeling safe?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,846 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

An unfortunate necessity methinks.

#3    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

In order to save the government time I've installed forty-seven CCTV cameras in my house.

None of them are in my toilet.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,571 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

the only people who need to worry about CCTV cameras are the ones up to no good.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,317 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostWalter White, on 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

In order to save the government time I've installed forty-seven CCTV cameras in my house.

None of them are in my toilet.
Why not?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,102 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

In the village where i live we have a grand total of 12 cctv cameras...... 9 of them are in the council offices car park, shows you where their priorities are doesn't it?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 11 July 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Why not?
Toilet time is my time.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#8    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 11 July 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

the only people who need to worry about CCTV cameras are the ones up to no good.

The question is who gets to decide what "up to no good" is

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,317 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostWalter White, on 12 July 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Toilet time is my time.

While you seem to suffice with having a private life while sitting on the loo, I prefer to have my whole life private.

Notice the difference?

about me

#10    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 July 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

I prefer to have my whole life private.
Well in that case you should come live in my toilet then, it's very clean and the rent is cheap.

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,317 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostWalter White, on 12 July 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Well in that case you should come live in my toilet then, it's very clean and the rent is cheap.

... and the only place in your house you can be yourself... I certainly would not want to take that away from you.

about me

#12    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 July 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

... and the only place in your house you can be yourself... I certainly would not want to take that away from you.
You're a good man.  

I was hoping you'd accept my offer, I was going to use the rent money to buy an extra CCTV camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users