Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Did we land on the moon?

Waspie_Dwarf

Moderator notice

As noted by Saru yesterday, the original Did we land on the moon? topic has grown too long, and is now closed.

Please continue the discussion here.

Thank you.

R.I.P. legendary original "Did we land on the moon ?" thread. :(

It's not dead, rather like a Time Lord, it has regenerated.

• Like 5

R.I.P. legendary original "Did we land on the moon ?" thread. :(

Technically, that thread wasn't the original thread on this topic. There was another long thread that, from my understanding, was closed due largely to the behaviour of some of the participants.

Cz

Technically, that thread wasn't the original thread on this topic. There was another long thread that, from my understanding, was closed due largely to the behaviour of some of the participants.

There have been many. Things were restricted to a single thread because things got a bit nasty and this one subject was taking up a ludicrous amount of moderator time. Although it can still be heated this subject is not the problem it once was.

I once compiled a list of all the Apollo hoax threads I could find. Most are now closed and most of the others should be, to stop necroposting. For reference purposes I will find that list and re-post it here. It will have to wait until tomorrow, however, as I have more important things to do... I'm on my way to the pub :)

• Like 2

There have been many. Things were restricted to a single thread because things got a bit nasty and this one subject was taking up a ludicrous amount of moderator time. Although it can still be heated this subject is not the problem it once was.

I once compiled a list of all the Apollo hoax threads I could find. Most are now closed and most of the others should be, to stop necroposting. For reference purposes I will find that list and re-post it here. It will have to wait until tomorrow, however, as I have more important things to do... I'm on my way to the pub :)

A daunting project Waspie.

I suspect the pub was a lot more inviting!

:tu:

• Like 1

As promised, here is a list of previous "Apollo hoax" topics. I can't guarantee that it is complete, but it is as comprehensive as possible. Please note that this list is not in chronological order. The list was originally grouped firstly by whether the topic was closed or still open and then by which forum the topic was in. I have also included so threads I missed in my original list, plus some that started after I made it.

I have not included those threads, which whilst about lunar discoveries, are not about the conspiracy theory. I have also not included those threads from the UFO forum which claim that NASA are covering up ET discoveries/contact during Apollo.

If anyone finds a topic I have missed please feel free to PM with the link and I will edit this post to include it.

Also feel free to contact me if you find a broken link. I believe I have tested them all, but with so many I may have missed one or two.

1. Astronauts Gone Wild
  2. Was the moon landing faked?
  3. Hey whats that on the moon ?
  4. my moon landing theory and evidence
  5. why havent we been back?
  6. NASA Edits Proof Of Apollo Moon Hoax!
  7. Was the moon landing faked?
  8. moon landing, did humans land on the moon
  9. Apollo - Video Anomalies?
  10. US Govt. planned to fake Moon Landing Images?
  11. Apollo Astronaut Was Murdered
  12. We Never Went to the Moon
  13. Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?
  14. Moon landing was fake
  15. First-hand experience of Apollo
  16. THE MOON LANDING IS FAKE!
  17. Poll: Was the moon landing faked?
  18. Was the moon landing faked?
  19. Uncomprehensible Apollo photographs
  20. NASA find missing moon telemetry tapes
  21. Stars in the Apollo photographs
  22. Apollo Moon Rocks: NASA's Dirty Little Secrets
  23. Apollo show-stoppers
  24. Unexplained reflection in astronauts visor
  25. Apollo 17 Photo Anomalies, Proof of a Hoax ?
  26. New DISCOVERY, Charles T Hawkins
  27. 'Moon Base' at Apollo 11 Landing Site
  28. no stars
  29. Ersatz Lunar Landings
  30. the apollo 11 landing fake?
  31. Did we really land on the moon in 1969?
  32. Moon Hoax with a twist
  33. AS11 Astronauts give fake moon rock to dutch
  34. Stunning Secrets Of Kubrick's 'The Shining' (More relevant than the title would suggest).
  35. the moon landing hoax and Columbia cover up
  36. Apollo 11 post-flight press conference
  37. Weidner on NASA
  38. NASA's Apollo 17 "Hand Job"
  39. the moon
  40. And of course last (but most definitely not least) part 1 of this topic Did we land on the moon?

As promised, here is a list of previous "Apollo hoax" topics. I can't guarantee that it is complete, but it is as comprehensive as possible. Please note that this list is not in chronological order. The list was originally grouped firstly by whether the topic was closed or still open and then by which forum the topic was in. I have also included so threads I missed in my original list, plus some that started after I made it.

I have not included those threads, which whilst about lunar discoveries, are not about the conspiracy theory. I have also not included those threads from the UFO forum which claim that NASA are covering up ET discoveries/contact during Apollo.

If anyone finds a topic I have missed please feel free to PM with the link and I will edit this post to include it.

Also feel free to contact me if you find a broken link. I believe I have tested them all, but with so many I may have missed one or two.

1. Astronauts Gone Wild
  2. Was the moon landing faked?
  3. Hey whats that on the moon ?
  4. my moon landing theory and evidence
  5. why havent we been back?
  6. NASA Edits Proof Of Apollo Moon Hoax!
  7. Was the moon landing faked?
  8. moon landing, did humans land on the moon
  9. Apollo - Video Anomalies?
  10. US Govt. planned to fake Moon Landing Images?
  11. Apollo Astronaut Was Murdered
  12. We Never Went to the Moon
  13. Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?
  14. Moon landing was fake
  15. First-hand experience of Apollo
  16. THE MOON LANDING IS FAKE!
  17. Poll: Was the moon landing faked?
  18. Was the moon landing faked?
  19. Uncomprehensible Apollo photographs
  20. NASA find missing moon telemetry tapes
  21. Stars in the Apollo photographs
  22. Apollo Moon Rocks: NASA's Dirty Little Secrets
  23. Apollo show-stoppers
  24. Unexplained reflection in astronauts visor
  25. Apollo 17 Photo Anomalies, Proof of a Hoax ?
  26. New DISCOVERY, Charles T Hawkins
  27. 'Moon Base' at Apollo 11 Landing Site
  28. no stars
  29. Ersatz Lunar Landings
  30. the apollo 11 landing fake?
  31. Did we really land on the moon in 1969?
  32. Moon Hoax with a twist
  33. AS11 Astronauts give fake moon rock to dutch
  34. Stunning Secrets Of Kubrick's 'The Shining' (More relevant than the title would suggest).
  35. the moon landing hoax and Columbia cover up
  36. Apollo 11 post-flight press conference
  37. Weidner on NASA
  38. NASA's Apollo 17 "Hand Job"
  39. the moon
  40. And of course last (but most definitely not least) part 1 of this topic Did we land on the moon?

I think #8 was the original marathon Moon Hoax thread.

memory tells me that S3th and Kilter appeared right away in that one...and there they both are, quickly.

So the bottom line is ? ANd not number 40. THe moon landings are still the most amazing thing Mankind has done to Date !

• Like 1

So the bottom line is ? ANd not number 40. THe moon landings are still the most amazing thing Mankind has done to Date !

I agree and I was amazed at the size of the Saturn rocket as it launched off the pad, and as I look back, I am still amazed. I remember an accident where the Soviet Union built a rocket and the thing blew up killing many of its engineers and technicians.

1960: The attempted launch of a prototype R-16 ICBM ends in disaster when the Soviet rocket blows up on a launchpad at the Baikonur Cosmodrome, killing over 100 engineers, technicians and military personnel.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/10/dayintech_1024

It is difficult to imagine that there are people who actually think that the United States spent billions of dollars to concoct moon hoax missions, which would have been easy to reveal and no guarantee that everyone would have kept their mouths shut.

I look at many of those thread titles and whiff the odour of Stray Dog.

Did we land on the moon?

Just my personal opinion but... yes, I think we did. It would be impossible to have staged such an event and then have it remain undiscovered forever. With China, Russia, India and Japan sending robotic missions, a non-landing would have been outed, loudly... especially now with all the trendy anti-American sentiment going around.

What I find interesting, though, is that we've never returned... to the surface, that is. Aside from crashing a rocket booster into the lunar south pole, we really haven't taken advantage of what is, clearly, a mineral/mining wonderland. And now, we're even making plans to travel to mine the asteroids while still ignoring the moon only a few days journey away!

It defies every bit of logic you toss at it.

• Like 1

Aside from crashing a rocket booster into the lunar south pole, we really haven't taken advantage of what is, clearly, a mineral/mining wonderland. And now, we're even making plans to travel to mine the asteroids while still ignoring the moon only a few days journey away!

It defies every bit of logic you toss at it.

It seems to me that you are making the classic mistake of saying something defies logic when the actual problem is that you have not considered, or are not in possession, of all the facts.

The Moon may only have 1/6th gravity but that is still a considerable amount of fuel that would be needed to launch any meaningful quantity of mined material from it's surface. That fuel needs to be launched from the earth in the first place, meaning larger or more numerous launch vehicles, meaning more expense.

Asteroids have negligible surface gravity, so whilst they may be furthet away, in terms of robotic mining, they are more economically viable.

I really don't want to take this too far off topic, there is a thread in the "Space Exploration and Spaceflight" section where further discussion on this subject would be better placed: Plans for asteroid mining emerge

• Like 1

It seems to me that you are making the classic mistake of saying something defies logic when the actual problem is that you have not considered, or are not in possession, of all the facts.

I really don't want to take this too far off topic, there is a thread in the "Space Exploration and Spaceflight" section where further discussion on this subject would be better placed: Plans for asteroid mining emerge

Excuse me?

Mister/Ms Mod, please allow me to tell you that I grew up in Florida during the days of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo. I had family members that worked on the cape... we could stand in the front yard and see the rockets against the night sky. So, I defend my life as enough knowledge to allow me to discuss this topic with anyone.

Second, I mentioned asteroids in context to the subject of whether or not we actually landed on the moon.

Did I make a mistake by commenting on this site/subject? I really don't get the way you responded... especially as a mod.

Edited by Redoubt

Regardless of Waspie's status as a Mod here, the points he made in his reply are fair and accurate and, your indignation notwithstanding, do address the points that you find lacking in the logic department.

Maybe you could explain to us how standing in the front yard as a child and watching the rockets against the night sky gives you qualification to say what is or is not logical as far as the logistical and economical realities of space travel are concerned.

As for whether or not you made a mistake posting here... the only one that can truly answer that is yourself. However, I would put forth that one mistake you HAVE made is in how you have interpreted Waspie's post.

Cz

Regardless of Waspie's status as a Mod here, the points he made in his reply are fair and accurate and, your indignation notwithstanding, do address the points that you find lacking in the logic department.

Maybe you could explain to us how standing in the front yard as a child and watching the rockets against the night sky gives you qualification to say what is or is not logical as far as the logistical and economical realities of space travel are concerned.

As for whether or not you made a mistake posting here... the only one that can truly answer that is yourself. However, I would put forth that one mistake you HAVE made is in how you have interpreted Waspie's post.

Cz

Good lord.

I had this website... my account stashed in an old folder for years. There was no notes suggesting that this wasn't a place where one could carry on a topic in a civil manner. That means, you don't have to worry about someone heaving down on you with innuendo and insults. I mean, heck... I don't know any of you and you don't know me. Why automatically assume and then suggest that a complete stranger is not worthy of commenting on a given subject?

That's what I don't get.

I stand by my comment on the subject of the moon landings. Every word. beyond that, I may have made a mistake by assuming I could come here and join in... time will tell.

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: Never mind. iI's not worth the headache. My apologies to anyone who feels I stepped on their toes.

I'm gone.

Edited by Redoubt

Good lord.

I had this website... my account stashed in an old folder for years. There was no notes suggesting that this wasn't a place where one could carry on a topic in a civil manner. That means, you don't have to worry about someone heaving down on you with innuendo and insults. I mean, heck... I don't know any of you and you don't know me. Why automatically assume and then suggest that a complete stranger is not worthy of commenting on a given subject?

That's what I don't get.

I stand by my comment on the subject of the moon landings. Every word. beyond that, I may have made a mistake by assuming I could come here and join in... time will tell.

Thanks for your reply.

Please point out where I said that you "weren't worthy of replying"...?

Again, I think the mistake you are making is in how you are interpreting replies to your post.

No one has said that you are not allowed to post here, just made the suggestion that you might not know a lot about the topic. You've replied with indignation at that assumption backed up by anecdotes of your childhood, which, honestly, while nice and interesting and all that, do nothing to disprove the assumption in the first place.

If pointing that out to you is somehow offensive to you then only have two things further to say to you:

1. Unfortunately in a medium that only allows us the use of text and the odd "smiley", emotional context is notoriously hard to accurately convey, especially by and to those who don't use this medium frequently.

2. You need to grow a bit of a thicker virtual skin.

Good day....

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 1

The thing that comes to my mind when people say "Did we land on the moon?" is this.....

Wouldn't it be cheaper to actually land on the moon than it would be to fake it? You have to build a rocket that can at least get into space.... Or people will ask how you got to the moon... Then you'd have to pay for a film crew and all the things such as catering and so on.... When it would be easier just to feed 3 astronauts and actually send them to the moon.

Next, America couldn't even keep the Clinton fiasco silent, and that was involving the President of the United States, how have they kept it quite for this amount of time? There are so many people and variables that unless they were all killed, I think it's unlikely it was faked. Next, isn't there a "lunar laser ranging retroreflector" on the moon that you can actually use, providing you have the equipment and knowledge? Doesn't that mean humanity has placed it there?

Furthermore, even if we didn't, why doesn't the government come clean? The Cold War is over, the "bragging rights" are no longer a priority... I just don't understand why you'd keep silent about it after all this time.

Next, and most importantly for me, isn't it depressing to think that humanity can't even land on it's own moon? How are we supposed to go into space exploration by manned craft if we can't even make it to the moon.

That is one of the issues I've always had with the hoax theory--such a big secret kept by all the people involved on numerous missions?

Has there ever been any video evidence that the astronauts were seen on earth while they were supposed to be in space? Or video evidence of the capsule being transported to the sea so it could be picked up?

Excuse me?

Mister/Ms Mod, please allow me to tell you that I grew up in Florida during the days of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo. I had family members that worked on the cape... we could stand in the front yard and see the rockets against the night sky. So, I defend my life as enough knowledge to allow me to discuss this topic with anyone.

Second, I mentioned asteroids in context to the subject of whether or not we actually landed on the moon.

Did I make a mistake by commenting on this site/subject? I really don't get the way you responded... especially as a mod.

i think you make a mistake in over-reacting to what a moderator has indicated simply, that your position belongs in another thread.

Waspie was correct in everything he siad.

It also doesn't matter that you lived on the space coast. Living in Florida and having been witness to many launches or knowing people who worked at the Cape doesn't qualify you as an expert on space flight, astronautics and aeronautics. if tyou did have some of the knowledge you claim, you'd know that what Waspie is discussing relating to the economy of visiting an asteroid, as opposed to flying a manned mission to the Moon, is correct.

Now, the topic here is "DID WE LAND ON THE MOON, " which is designed to address people's doubts and fallacious claims to the contrary--an educational thread, so-to-speak.

And no one can or should prohibit anyone from joining in on the discussion.

However, many have been directed to other threads when they've strayed off topic.

Please feel free to post..on topic. Don't get too excited, and stay cool.

:tu:

That is one of the issues I've always had with the hoax theory--such a big secret kept by all the people involved on numerous missions?

Has there ever been any video evidence that the astronauts were seen on earth while they were supposed to be in space? Or video evidence of the capsule being transported to the sea so it could be picked up?

\

A very close friend of mine, Lt. Colonel James C. Warren, an original Tuskegee Airman, was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts to Houston after their moon flight and he can personally confirm the reality of the Apollo moon missions.

He was also hand-picked by the Air Force for the flight crew that flew the first of our Vietnam POWs out of North Vietnam to Clark airbase, Philippines. His aircraft, the "Hanoi Taxi," is on display at the Air Force museum at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH and his flight cap and uniform he wore on that mission are also on display.

To sum it up, men have walked and drove on the moon.

Edited by skyeagle409

It's not dead, rather like a Time Lord, it has regenerated.

Younger and better looking. Hopefully.

A very close friend of mine, Lt. Colonel James C. Warren, an original Tuskegee Airman, was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts to Houston after their moon flight and he can personally confirm the reality of the Apollo moon missions.

Kudos, sir. :blush:

The thing that comes to my mind when people say "Did we land on the moon?" is this.....

Wouldn't it be cheaper to actually land on the moon than it would be to fake it?

I don't know if it's so much a question of cost rather than it being a degree of difficulty involved.

Personally, I've always been of the mind that it would be much more difficult to fake than it was to do it.

It's a matter of the technical resources that would be required to have faked what we saw happen on the Moon over the course of 3 1/2 years. We didn't have the capacity.

Think about it:

Apollo 11, July 1969.

We saw a TV broadcast from the moon that lasted nearly 5 hours. During that time we saw a little over 2 hours of EVA, where men moved and worked in 1/6 g, where things got tossed and behaved jut as items tossed in 1/6 g should behave. We watched an American flag erected on the surface, then stand there for the entire duration of the broadcast, and never moved an inch. We saw dust get kicked up ansd behave as it should in vacuum...no dust cloud, etc.

We'd never experienced the 1/6 g vacuum of the Moon before a man fist set foot on it at 2256 hours (EDT) on July 20, 1969.

Yet, we saw the unusual lunar environment that night, and strangely enough, for the next 5 lunar landings, this environment was precisely shown on live TV, consistently, in greater and greater detail...mathematically and photographically verifiable.

We had no high zoot digital TV or special effects then. Just video tape.

We now know how things behave in 1/6g vacuum. We could, today, construct an HD fake lunar EVA that would stun people.

Then?

Graint B/W and then Color TV videos tghat were the first representations of an environment we knew nothing about...including what it looked like!

Think about the difficulty implied in faking that...