Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theresa May - UK will not tolerate extremists

seeder

"The game is up"

The UK will no longer tolerate the behaviour of Islamist extremists who "reject our values", Theresa May says.

The home secretary said a future Tory government would introduce measures such as "closure orders" to shut premises owned or used by extremists.

She also said there were plans for civil "extremism disruption orders" that could be used against individuals.

Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said there was a "massive gap between rhetoric and reality"."

Other measures she said would be introduced if the Conservatives won the general election included:

"banning orders" for groups which do not reach the current threshold to be outlawed under terrorism laws

a "positive campaign to promote British values" to the public

a review of supplementary schools, which are currently unregulated

HM Inspectorate of Constabulary reviewing how police forces have responded to "honour crimes", female genital mutilation and forced marriage

new "extremism officer" roles in prisons to deal with extremist inmates and gangs

a "full review of citizenship law" to make sure successful applicants respect British values

a "sharp reduction" in funding for translation services and a "significant increase" in money for English language training

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32013794

• Like 3

Good! Not far enough IMO though. I would like to see all those that have gone abroad to rape and murder men, women and children be banned from ever entering the UK again.

• Like 3

Whilst I passionately oppose things such as genital mutilation and terrorism, I can't help run my eyes down this latest Tory hogwash and sigh.

Shutting down premises owned by extremists? So who defines who is an extremist?

Banning orders for groups who do not reach the current threshold to be outlawed under terrorism laws. Again, this is dangerous. Sorry, but if they don't exceed those limits, they probably aren't terrorists. They may be people who disagree with the Tory Party, though.

• Like 3

The bits I dont like is this

The home secretary said a future Tory government would introduce measures such as "closure orders" to shut premises owned or used by extremists.

Other measures she said would be introduced if the Conservatives won the general election included:

It shouldn't matter which bloody group win elections, it should be LAW anyway...regardless

• Like 5

It shouldn't matter which bloody group win elections, it should be LAW anyway...regardless

Thankfully not every political party in the UK is joining the Tory's headlong dash to surrender all personal freedoms. Odd really, personal freedom used to be their mantra.

• Like 1

I have a real urge to go to the Middle East and force them to drink copious amounts of tea..:D

• Like 3

So it doesn't include anti-Islamic extremism then, that appears to be fine. :unsure:

• Like 2

So it doesn't include anti-Islamic extremism then, that appears to be fine. :unsure:

Hey, they started it..:P

Besides this is England, not Englandistan..:P

• Like 3

I have a real urge to go to the Middle East and force them to drink copious amounts of tea.. :D

I think they already do - but without milk and sugar..!!!!

Make them put milk and sugar in their tea....that'll show em...

• Like 1

I agree

'The game is up'

If only...but this is a step in the right direction -

• Like 1

The UK will no longer tolerate the behaviour of Islamist extremists who "reject our values" says Theresa May. - why where we made to tolerate it in the first place is the question i'd ask. Political correctness would be the answer. Yet again the politicians are playing catch up. they are also starting to speak the language of the people there must be an election coming up.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 7

Theresa May has really laid it on the line for Muslim fundamentalists. 'When you try to divide us, we will stand united!'.

If that's alright by the prophet, peace be upon him. She added.

• Like 4

The UK will no longer tolerate the behaviour of Islamist extremists who "reject our values" says Theresa May. - why where we made to tolerate it in the first place is the question i'd ask. Political correctness would be the answer. Yet again the politicians are playing catch up. they are also starting to speak the language of the people there must be an election coming up.

re underlined -

yeah they have been taking the p*** for far too long -

for all their complaining I think Britain and Europe have been incredibly tolerant towards Muslims and Islam -

and look at the thanks we got...!....and where it got us.....!

The muslim 'leaders' who commented on the May speech on Sky news were moaning and complaining...

Why coundn't they just say something like - 'We totally support the UK Government in it's opposition to Islamic extremism

and will do everything to help---'

THAT would have got them some Brownie Points - and at least gone some way to put the Public's mind at rest -

instead they had to criticise and complain - <_<

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

That won't happen.

In the run-up to an election, no opposition is going to support the introduction of new legislation which might make the incumbent more popular. It's not about doing what's right for the UK, it's about doing what's right to get our Party into government.

This is why I abhor Party politics and think political Parties should be banned. Have everyone stand independently and then have a 'horse-trading' round where a coalition is made in order to form a government.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Good! Not far enough IMO though. I would like to see all those that have gone abroad to rape and murder men, women and children be banned from ever entering the UK again.

You might want to ask Thersea May if the EU agrees with her mandate.

Edited by RabidMongoose

That won't happen.

In the run-up to an election, no opposition is going to support the introduction of new legislation which might make the incumbent more popular. It's not about doing what's right for the UK, it's about doing what's right to get our Party into government.

This is why I abhor Party politics and think political Parties should be banned. Have everyone stand independently and then have a 'horse-trading' round where a coalition is made in order to form a government.

That's my sentiments exactly. The parties in the U.K are like those in the U.S.

They won't do what's right for the country, only what is right for their party in a lot of cases.