Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

US calls for Piers Morgan deportation

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#16    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,262 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 December 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Yet, you live in Canada and debate the 2nd ammendment. Why?

Why not?.... the last thirty years or so has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.(T.Sowell)

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#17    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostAntilles, on 28 December 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

CNN is an international news organisation. Practically every country in the world receives its broadcasts. I figure Morgan is just doing his job.
Agreed but Journalists should try to be Neutral and allow both sides of the issue to have equal exposure..

I don't agree with the NRA stance on this issue but at the end of the day there doesn't seem to be a viable solution.With an estimated 310 million firearms
in private ownership across the USA,the politicians are going to have to come up with  amazing legistlation to control Guns.

Edited by shaddow134, 28 December 2012 - 05:31 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#18    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm trying to locate the counter petition, one that insists that since CNN wanted Morgan (replacing Larry King), they can bloody well keep him!

Look, under the US constitution, you enshrine freedom of speech. Morgan is exercising that, even if he's a sodding sanctimonious, arrogant little tosser. Watching him give evidence to the enquiry about press standards - via video link - and seeing him quote his own book was just priceless. And don;t get me started on the show they let him have over here, in which he gives a star an interview. Talk about mindless pap...

You can probably guess I'm not a fan of his...!

#19    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Personally, I'd rather have Piers Morgan's blah blah than another elementary school shooting.

#20    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

People from outside the US are entitled to an opinion on our way of doing things.  Hell....they can jump up and down and turn blue if they want to..no problem.  They just don't get a vote.  We are right royally screwed up in some areas - which country isn't?  But we'll tend our own business - thanks for the input  :tu:   Piers is a twit.  The one exception I've seen to the American adage that even someone reading the phone directory sounds intelligent if it's done in an English accent :whistle:   You guys should cut us a break on our foibles.  Do we remonstrate over your internal silliness?  It's just not neighborly.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#21    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

He isnt a citizan. He isnt protected by the first amendment.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#22    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postand then, on 28 December 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

People from outside the US are entitled to an opinion on our way of doing things.  Hell....they can jump up and down and turn blue if they want to..no problem.  They just don't get a vote.  We are right royally screwed up in some areas - which country isn't?  But we'll tend our own business - thanks for the input  :tu:   Piers is a twit.  The one exception I've seen to the American adage that even someone reading the phone directory sounds intelligent if it's done in an English accent :whistle:   You guys should cut us a break on our foibles.  Do we remonstrate over your internal silliness?  It's just not neighborly.

Huh?

#23    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dot fall for strawpoll. :no:

#24    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,777 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Some American's don't get it

#25    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Posted Image

~MEH~

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,970 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostHasina, on 28 December 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Funny, I don't see any "qualifier" that you have to be an American citizen - just "men" as in 'mankind' one would hope, otherwise women are not protected :unsure2:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#27    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Where does it say that? It talks about "people".

#28    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 December 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Funny, I don't see any "qualifier" that you have to be an American citizen - just "men" as in 'mankind' one would hope, otherwise women are not protected :unsure2:
I've always held that unless it spells out that it's only for the male gender then anything saying 'man' or 'men' is talking about the human species as a whole, but that's just my opinion.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Go turn in your gun then come back and we can talk about the first amendment.

#30    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 December 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Where does it say that? It talks about "people".
Not even that, the constitution tells the government what it can or can't do.  I don't think the US can revoke a non-citizen's right to freedom of speech as dictated by the 1st amendment, but I think it can restrict the 1st to the point that it becomes virtually non-existant.  Don't hold me to that though.

I can sympathise with his views but to be honest I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan, he's tabloid journalism at it's worst.  I get the feeling he got the CNN gig more on account of him being on America's Got Talent than his reputation as a journalist.

If the US wants to deport him I wouldn't oppose it, just so long as he isn't sent back to Britain.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users