Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mouse life extended 24%

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 20 May 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

with limitied resources, honestly, i would be surprised if we could reach 20 billion.
but the question we have to ask ourselves is, do we want to live on a planet with that many people.

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that.

#17    Gukumatz1

Gukumatz1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

"Whey protein is found in whole milk, eggs, gym muscle build and in cheese. It extends lifespan but about 50%.  (We'll call that 220 years) "
Only the gullible would believe that....it's like the adverts when they show you a picture of a fat slob 6 weeks later he's ripped to the bone and looks  10 years younger because he's been on the Whey protein.

Edited by Gukumatz1, 26 May 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#18    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

That's just dandy, all the human race need's are escaped rodents that can live and breed 24% longer! Also what is the point in extending the Human lifespan by 24%? Are we capable of feeding the worlds burgeoning population as it presently stands? What sort of consequences would unfold in such a   world? What if the lifespan of Stalin had extended into the late seventies?

#19    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostGukumatz1, on 26 May 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

"Whey protein is found in whole milk, eggs, gym muscle build and in cheese. It extends lifespan but about 50%.  (We'll call that 220 years) "
Only the gullible would believe that....it's like the adverts when they show you a picture of a fat slob 6 weeks later he's ripped to the bone and looks  10 years younger because he's been on the Whey protein.

Sorry have I indicated that its a gym which is claiming that or that its come from scientific research?

Whey protein is high quality and therefore doesnt damage cells when its metabolised.

#20    joenhaggrity

joenhaggrity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• "You know what you are?, you're semantic blockage" - Raliegh Theodore Sakers III
    "That's me." -king of id

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 20 May 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

There is no overpopualtion problem and the way some people latch onto it is bizarre.

Every century we have reached the population limit for our level of development and the response was we raised our level of development. Farming, fertilizer, tractors, selective breeding and growing of crops have allowed for 6.5 billion people. Wanting to limit our population would be dangerous as our rivals wont. They will simply apply technology and invest in research to raise their development level further leaving us in the stone age.

Its almost like no forward thinking occurs anymore causing people to believe how the world is now is it. They need to listen to scientists and engineers not media negativity. Every problem we have we can overcome with current technology. For water we could use desalination plants, for crops we could combine farms with skyscrapers, for energy we could go totally nuclear. What cant we currently solve? The answer is nothing.

Most of the planet is not like Western Europe, Eastern USA, Japan, India or China. Most of it is scarcely populated. We could have 250 billion on this planet easy using current technology. We need to push back boundaries not limit ourselves.

This is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said, ever.

Have you ever heard of evolutionary theory, sir?
man already hardly exists at 7 billion, it's clear you like feeding off those around you do so probably to convince yourself that you have an ego at the cost of others. you just did it in this very quote and prolly think that you're vision means you're really have something to share with the world and that makes you.... Ever heard of the human condition?
Guess what we could just breed pigs and we could probably literally cover the world in mountain of pigshit, and we could do it for years until we have an incredible amount of pigshit no one ever thought we'd be able to do it, but we could, we prolly could. stop thinking backwards? i tell ya what man, why don't ya go move to india and knock up some lucky lady and have your new contribution to the world birthed right into the milkmans asshsole and then tell me how underpopulated things are.  you could stand there proudly saying, 'good thing we can desalinate the oceans, so things like this can happen'. because on account of the fact that AS SOON as natural selection lost us, we have been unable to do anything but the dumbest things ever,  this is the cause of standards requiring the addressing of a broad spectrum of peoplo most of which do not belong in the world, naturally.  This is a scientific fact of our origin. I'm not disdaining technology, and if we could break the tide of corruption, I fully agree with you, but you must realize that you having your opinion without actually remembering we're talking about the population today is exactly what's wrong, and you will be raped by that fact one day.  it is the perception of unlimited access availability that makes you think you are invincible, when you really cannot survive and think as you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users