Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama’s biggest failures and successes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,539 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

And I'll chime in my view that modernizing our entire health sector and giving 30+ million men, women, and children newfound control of their own destinies should be counted as a major success.

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostStartraveler, on 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

You both seem to be vastly overestimated both the number of people who will be paying mandate penalties and the amount of revenue they will bring in.

Estimates from September of this year:

That's less than 2 percent of the population.
Maybe I was reading about Corporate penalties??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostStartraveler, on 04 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

And I'll chime in my view that modernizing our entire health sector and giving 30+ million men, women, and children newfound control of their own destinies should be counted as a major success.
People thought forcing everyone to stop Drinking alcohol, to increase productivity and health was a fantastic idea too. And I would agree that it does seem like a good idea, but I'm not sure that everyone is going to go along with it.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Estranged

• 8,248 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostStartraveler, on 04 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Modernizing would be an efficiently run, fiscally responsible universal healthcare system, IMO. However, no one in Washington, at least in anyone control, is responsible or moral enough to do something so great with our taxes. Eliminate waste and I see no need to even raise taxes for it but if there were already responsibility, accountability and reasonable thought put into spending considerations with our tax revenue then and only then would I support a tax hike if needed to pay forc universal health care.
That said, I think our founders would disagree that the government forcing private companies to sell a product to people they don't want to sell to because it probably isn't cost efficient or really any reason and forcing citizens to buy said products or face a costly penalty is the definition of an American success. Doesn't exactly sound like freedom to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users