Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#106    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hope all is good, and look forward to tomorrow.

#107    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,808 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Sakari is right, that is a real issue on an forum where you can be almost anonymous. And spell as badly as you want to too!! (Had to look up Anonymous).

Look forward to any discussion on the subject. Hearing about any progress will be very cool too.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#108    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

One question that I have for the good Dr. is this "how will you decide where to search?"   Obviously you can't go everywhere or see everywhere, but you have to start looking somewhere - how is that location decided upon?  thanks.  And Thanks for being a part of the forum.  Regardless of my views on the topic, it is an honor to interact with someone of the scientific persuasion who has dedicated their time and energy to the pursuit of Sasquatch in ways other than to futz around on the internet like most of us here do.

Welcome!

#109    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,154 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I want to confirm to everyone that yes, that is Jeff.....

He has replied to the emails myself and him have been having back and forth...

Welcome Jeff !!!!!

And Thank You !!

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#110    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Wow! Great! And yes, welcome, Dr. Meldrum. I am excited to hear about this project in your own words.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 03 November 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#111    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm just going to list some of my questions, in case I miss the opportunity.

Dr. Meldrum:
Feel free to answer any or none at all.
And again, thank you for giving us this opportunity to learn more about the Falcon Project.

First of all, the airship sounds amazing! Definitely a once in a researcher's lifetime opportunity. Congratulations!

--Is funding going well and do you see project completion as scheduled (spring 2013)?

--The ship sounds revolutionary in design. Have any prototypes (or similar craft) been tested for stability, agility, and wind vulnerability?

--What is Idaho State University’s involvement with the project?

--Will the aircraft be focusing on other (non-bigfoot) research at the same time? Say, to generate needed revenue to keep the project "in the air"?

--Will this be an international search project? (Canada)

--It is such a large ship. Why so large? It seems, to my novice mind, a ship of this size would be heard and seen and even felt by a creature that has survived by being almost supernaturally elusive, wary, and sensitive to its surroundings. (Lights on the ship, sounds more easily heard at night)

--With a range of 5 miles  how do you plan on transporting the command trailer and large airship to “rugged remote forested terrain” locations? As described in the article.

--Mr. Barnes said he will be utilizing the airship in 12 states. Can you elaborate on which states? Are they all in one area of the Unites States?

--Would you further explain the purpose behind the kill switch? Thus, it will be live-streaming? To whom?

Sincerely,
Lyn (Quite Contrary)

Edited by QuiteContrary, 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#112    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Dr. Meldrum, (cont)

--I see the project will also be using infrasound. How did the theory that this hominid uses infrasound for communication come about?

#113    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

nothing much new except for the where: "remote forest across parts of the Pacific Northwest as well as northern tiers of California and Utah,"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2BPsxgG9N

#114    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

"I have been immersed in Sasquatch research for a number of years, and I can tell you in my mind a mountain of evidence supports the existence of these creatures," Ken Gerhard, a San Antonio cryptozoologist who co-wrote "Monsters of Texas," recently told the Houston Chronicle.

This is an excerpt from the bottom of the article QC posted. Isn't it interesting how they make this guy sound like he's some sort of actual expert? Until you realize that anyone can call themselves a "cryptozoologist", and he co-wrote a book which means he couldn't write one on his own.

This from Wikipedia on Ken Gerhard:

Ken Gerhard is a cryptozoologist and field researcher for the Centre for Fortean Zoology and Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization, as well as a fellow of the Pangea Institute and consultant for various paranormal groups. He has investigated reports of cryptids and mysterious animals around the world including Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabras, Mothman, Thunderbirds and werewolves. In addition to appearing in three episodes of the television series Monster Quest (History Channel), Ken featured in the History Channel special The Real Wolfman, as well as Legend Hunters (Travel Channel/A&E), Paranatural (National Geographic), Ultimate Encounters (truTV) and William Shatner's Weird or What? (History Television-Canada). His credits include appearances on several news broadcasts, Coast to Coast AM, and Ireland’s Newstalk, as well as being featured in various books, DVDs and in articles by the Associated Press, Houston Chronicle and Tampa Tribune. Ken is author of the book Big Bird: Modern Sightings of Flying Monsters as well as the co-author of Monsters of Texas (with Nick Redfern) and has contributed to trade publications including Fate Magazine, Animals and Men, The Journal of the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club and Bigfoot Times. He currently lectures and exhibits at events across the United States.

It sure looks like this old boy has a vested interest in keeping the myth going rather than solving it for all time.

Edited by keninsc, 06 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#115    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,241 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 06 November 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

This is an excerpt from the bottom of the article QC posted. Isn't it interesting how they make this guy sound like he's some sort of actual expert? Until you realize that anyone can call themselves a "cryptozoologist", and he co-wrote a book which means he couldn't write one on his own.

This from Wikipedia on Ken Gerhard:

Ken Gerhard is a cryptozoologist and field researcher for the Centre for Fortean Zoology and Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization, as well as a fellow of the Pangea Institute and consultant for various paranormal groups. He has investigated reports of cryptids and mysterious animals around the world including Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabras, Mothman, Thunderbirds and werewolves. In addition to appearing in three episodes of the television series Monster Quest (History Channel), Ken featured in the History Channel special The Real Wolfman, as well as Legend Hunters (Travel Channel/A&E), Paranatural (National Geographic), Ultimate Encounters (truTV) and William Shatner's Weird or What? (History Television-Canada). His credits include appearances on several news broadcasts, Coast to Coast AM, and Ireland’s Newstalk, as well as being featured in various books, DVDs and in articles by the Associated Press, Houston Chronicle and Tampa Tribune. Ken is author of the book Big Bird: Modern Sightings of Flying Monsters as well as the co-author of Monsters of Texas (with Nick Redfern) and has contributed to trade publications including Fate Magazine, Animals and Men, The Journal of the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club and Bigfoot Times. He currently lectures and exhibits at events across the United States.

It sure looks like this old boy has a vested interest in keeping the myth going rather than solving it for all time.

This guy is not credible. It's funny how he says "in my mind a mountain of evidence supports the existence".

#116    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 13 October 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ok so lets speculate though.  Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint.  How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid?  Opinions?

I do not think a clear picture would be needed, if the airship can capture a group of suspected hominid living in the middle of nowhere then a follow up with a helicopter would be in order.

If the airship fails to get a picture, I suggest smearing Vaseline on the lens, that works on the ground.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#117    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostMyles, on 06 November 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

This guy is not credible. It's funny how he says "in my mind a mountain of evidence supports the existence".

Yeah, I wonder if Dr. Meldrum was sorry this guy was quoted in the article?

#118    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Welcome to the discussion Dr. Meldrum, thanks for taking the time to join us.

First, I would like to parrot QuiteContrary's questions in post #111

Second, a few of my own.

1) Will this project be utilized mainly for proving the existence of Bigfoot or will it me primarily for gathering more evidence? Will we see some heat signatures that could be Bigfoot or will the project continue until something more concrete can be found?

2) Will the Falcon Project be a sustained effort in the quest for cataloging Bigfoot or after a time will the craft be re-purposed or sold or even scrapped? Is there any talk of a sustained program at all or is it a matter of 'crossing that bridge when we get there'?

That is all I have for now, thanks again Dr. Meldrum for agreeing to a little Q&A.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#119    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostMyles, on 06 November 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Of course he isn't credible, that's why I posted what I found out about him for everyone to read.

While we all have varying degrees of belief and non-belief, it's based on what we know about Bigfoot or whatever from what we've read and heard. My own openness is not due to any evidence I've seen, quite the contrary, if I were to go with the "evidence" to date then I'd be in the camp of the card carrying, die hard, skeptics. If this guy wants to "believe" then that's his choice to make. What I find interesting is if we suddenly prove that they do exist, then this old boy will have to get a real job, along with the Bigfoot Quartet on "Finding Bigfoot" Let's face it, Matt Moneymaker left a career as an attorney to go off making a TV show about Bigfoot. You really think he wants to have to deal with the 9 to 5 grind again?

#120    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

And speaking of old Doc Meldrum...........

Where the heck is he? Hmmmm? One post then, poof, he's gone like a Bigfoot on camera. Assuming he was ever here in the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users