Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I tried to astral projection?

ocean112

I am intrigued by the idea of having your consciousness leave your body & enter the astral plane so I have been studying on how to do it. I am 15 & have only recently discovered this remarkable thing. I was wondering how I could do this however & if anyone had any tips since I seem to be stuck and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I start off by listening to a downloaded binaural beat whilst relaxing myself by laying on my back with my arms at my side. My eyes are closed at this point and I'm merely breathing in and out deeply. After about 3-5 minutes I will start to see swirling blue lights in my eyes and my arms and legs are tingling. I can't get beyond this point however & this is where I'm not sure what to do?

Additional Details:

I should add I'm usually moving my fingers a little bit and my toes to feel the tingling sensation because I was told doing this could lead me into the vibrational phase?

Edited by ocean112

I am intrigued by the idea of having your consciousness leave your body & enter the astral plane so I have been studying on how to do it. I am 15 & have only recently discovered this remarkable thing. I was wondering how I could do this however & if anyone had any tips since I seem to be stuck and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

I start off by listening to a downloaded binaural beat whilst relaxing myself by laying on my back with my arms at my side. My eyes are closed at this point and I'm merely breathing in and out deeply. After about 3-5 minutes I will start to see swirling blue lights in my eyes and my arms and legs are tingling. I can't get beyond this point however & this is where I'm not sure what to do?

Additional Details:

I should add I'm usually moving my fingers a little bit and my toes to feel the tingling sensation because I was told doing this could lead me into the vibrational phase?

No don't move anything. Your swirling blue lights are nural discharge. Just gently watch them. You should be trying in the morning. When you wake up and feel the groggy feeling like when you really don't want to go to school. That is when your mind is prime to make it happen.

You are also 15. While this interesting dint get to caught up in it. Just make it an occasional practice and your day will come...

Take care.

No don't move anything. Your swirling blue lights are nural discharge. Just gently watch them. You should be trying in the morning. When you wake up and feel the groggy feeling like when you really don't want to go to school. That is when your mind is prime to make it happen.

You are also 15. While this interesting dint get to caught up in it. Just make it an occasional practice and your day will come...

Take care.

I was thinking about maybe not going to bed until 1:00am and trying to do it again or setting my alarm to 4:00am and trying then.

The best time to do something like this is when you have time...Astral Projection...is just that ...Projection...your body isn't going anywhere...but your mind will...you are projecting your mind onto the empty canvas of the astral plane. Your body will be with you...(even though in reality it will still be on the bed). But to project your mind somewhere else...you have to 'project' your mind. Sounds like you are waiting for something to happen...YOU are what is happening...go there...be there...experience 'there'...but like White Crane said...don't get hung up on it. Like the old song says, Where ever you go, there you are.

Edited by joc

The best time to do something like this is when you have time...Astral Projection...is just that ...Projection...your body isn't going anywhere...but your mind will...you are projecting your mind onto the empty canvas of the astral plane. Your body will be with you...(even though in reality it will still be on the bed). But to project your mind somewhere else...you have to 'project' your mind. Sounds like you are waiting for something to happen...YOU are what is happening...go there...be there...experience 'there'...but like White Crane said...don't get hung up on it. Like the old song says, Where ever you go, there you are.

What do you mean? You're right I am waiting for the vibrations to come but I don't know what to do from this point on?

What do you mean? You're right I am waiting for the vibrations to come but I don't know what to do from this point on?

What I mean is...you are limiting yourself...you are 'waiting' for something to happen...and so...your mind is still connected to the 'earthly' plane. What do you think the Astral Plane looks like? Whatever that is...picture yourself there. If you have no idea...picture yourself floating in space...forget your bed...forget your room...forget vibrations...forget that you are anywhere...just focus on floating in space and go with it.

It is important to understand Ocean that this is a mind exercise...you do things in your dreams that are unbelievable...you see things in your dreams that are unbelievable...it is the same thing...except ...you are awake...your mind will choose the imagery...just go with it...maybe after 'floating' in space for awhile...you'll see a bubble or a tree or anything...go to that bubble...go to that tree ...go and explore...or just 'fly around' and look to see what you can see. It is a deep meditative state.

I was thinking about maybe not going to bed until 1:00am and trying to do it again or setting my alarm to 4:00am and trying then.

Yes. You will ultimately have better results that way.

I appreciate all the help guys, I am going to have another go at it now and imagine myself floating in space as soon as the tingling feeling comes, I will forget about the vibrations & stick to floating in space and see what happens.

You have to stop waiting and expecting and treating this like an linear process. Hard to do as our minds like to organise everything that way, but this part of the training and when reaching a higher consciousness via meditation ( alt consciousness ) you step out of that linear mode both perception wise and awareness wise. btw where and what is your intention doing while you are waiting ;) ?

When i project I don't give a monkeys what my body is doing or not doing. I am not even thinking about that or wasting my precious energy and mental resources on monitoring what my physical is doing. If you are caught up monitoring your physical awareness and body, guess what ? that's where your awareness will anchor, part of the training is getting your base mind to accept its ok to let go of the material plane without having to die. Projection is about waking up to your awareness level rather than 'learning to leave your body'. Your consciousness already exists on many bandwidths / layers, including the astral level. So what you are learning to do here is to connect to your awareness, which you can learn to control and shift. When your awareness shifts to the astral level, you engage your consciousness / energy body that is already there.

It's a bit like saying we all know and accept the internet is around us, we can't see it or perceive when we are not directly sitting down with an interface to connect us to it. Well think of your mind as like this. In your mind is like a router, your awareness is the key that with your intention you can just make it "dial in"... your third eye is like your screen/ interface and your perceptions are like the reader / interpreter for the codes and programming allowing you to read and make sense and interact with it.

When you are too focused in linear process and what needs to happen next before your mind allows the next step, its the equivalent of being stuck at the first gate, its like in the analogy above forgetting to plug the monitor / interface in. The connections are all there and running in the background waiting for you, but you won't see or experience anything until you shift your focus to your screen/interface.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

You have to stop waiting and expecting and treating this like an linear process. Hard to do as our minds like to organise everything that way, but this part of the training and when reaching a higher consciousness via meditation ( alt consciousness ) you step out of that linear mode both perception wise and awareness wise. btw where and what is your intention doing while you are waiting ;) ?

When i project I don't give a monkeys what my body is doing or not doing. I am not even thinking about that or wasting my precious energy and mental resources on monitoring what my physical is doing. If you are caught up monitoring your physical awareness and body, guess what ? that's where your awareness will anchor, part of the training is getting your base mind to accept its ok to let go of the material plane without having to die. Projection is about waking up to your awareness level rather than 'learning to leave your body'. Your consciousness already exists on many bandwidths / layers, including the astral level. So what you are learning to do here is to connect to your awareness, which you can learn to control and shift. When your awareness shifts to the astral level, you engage your consciousness / energy body that is already there.

It's a bit like saying we all know and accept the internet is around us, we can't see it or perceive when we are not directly sitting down with an interface to connect us to it. Well think of your mind as like this. In your mind is like a router, your awareness is the key that with your intention you can just make it "dial in"... your third eye is like your screen/ interface and your perceptions are like the reader / interpreter for the codes and programming allowing you to read and make sense and interact with it.

When you are too focused in linear process and what needs to happen next before your mind allows the next step, its the equivalent of being stuck at the first gate, its like in the analogy above forgetting to plug the monitor / interface in. The connections are all there and running in the background waiting for you, but you won't see or experience anything until you shift your focus to your screen/interface.

I understood some of this hahaha when I'm lying there I'm not thinking about anything but focusing on these blue lights going around my eyes. I also sometimes tell my mind to let go & relax in my head. Would thinking about floating about in space help me?

Hey guys, just wondering what the best way is to get past the tingling sensation I get when trying to astral travel since I find myself practically stuck at this stage. I'm unsure as to what to do next since people just say to continue relaxing but I tried and after 10 minutes nothing had happened.

One of the strengths of the human psyche is imagination and creativity. Imagination allows mental constructs to be built which can help facilitate things. Using an analogy is one of the best ways to pass a construct of understanding from one mind to another. In other words, unleash that part of your mind. Get creative with this. The computer/ internet analogy is just one example that gives your mind something it understands to follow. If floating in space would represent that "switch" to you and help you keep your focus on where it should be then try it. There is technique along these lines called phasing which is used for mental projection which doesn't require half the amount of energy and can used in meditation or while multitasking, ie driving a car, doing housework.

P.S I have merged your other thread into this as one as one thread is sufficient enough :tu:

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

One of the strengths of the human psyche is imagination and creativity. Imagination allows mental constructs to be built which can help facilitate things. Using an analogy is one of the best ways to pass a construct of understanding from one mind to another. In other words, unleash that part of your mind. Get creative with this. The computer/ internet analogy is just one example that gives your mind something it understands to follow. If floating in space would represent that "switch" to you and help you keep your focus on where it should be then try it. There is technique along these lines called phasing which is used for mental projection which doesn't require half the amount of energy and can used in meditation or while multitasking, ie driving a car, doing housework.

P.S I have merged your other thread into this as one as one thread is sufficient enough :tu:

thank you ;) am I anywhere near to astral travelling or are these nural discharges and tingling sensation something everyone feels?

I have recently tried the space technique which didn't really work for me, I tried the invisible rope technique with my eyes closed and that didn't work but with my eyes open I imagined the rope hanging from my ceiling I reached out with my imaginary (invisble) hands and started pulling myself up, I felt a small vibration at my feet as If I was slowly hardly noticeably shaking a little bit? any ideas?

What is your body positioning while trying to do this?

I am laying on my back looking at the ceiling.

That's what I thought, and may explain the 'tingling' in your fingers...you might try putting a pillow under your knees...

Sometimes when either standing or laying...if our legs are straight...the knee joint slowly cuts off circulation. This is why guys pass out often while standing at attention...in the military you learn to bend your knees a little. Give that a try...the pillow...bend your elbows a little as well. It's hard to escape your body when your body keeps saying, Hey...I'm here...tingling. Tingling isn't really a sign of anything except insufficient blood flow.

I accept this works for you. On the other hand, after leaning to fly in my dreams from my earlist memories I got interested aged 4 or 5, in projecting my mind consciously. I worked on it as an exercise every day and night for years, gradually becoming more capable all the time. By the time I was about 10 I could project my consciousness anywhere on earth, and shortly after that out into the solar system and galaxy then the universe. I didn't travel in any astral realm, but in the real one, seeing real places people and events, normally in real time. I consciously learned how to link my conscious and subconscious minds; how to do reality checks, how to maintain awareness without slipping out of a dream. this was all back in the 1950s before such things were recognised and I had to work everything out for myself There were no books or internet guides. Eventually I could, and did, maintain a dream for hours. I learned not just controlled lucid dreaming but the ability to deliberately set up a dreamscape scenario during the day and enter it as I fell asleep

There are many paths to this . mine included creating a conscious portal through which to enter my dreamscape every night as soon as I began to sleep. Using light sleep to maintain conscious unconsciousness for a long time Ie being in both the dream world and the waking world. I could get up, turn on some lights, go to our outside toilet and return to bed, while maintaining a dream.

I did a lot of thinking and talking about it to increase my level of consciousness/awareness, because our subconscious processes our waking thoughts every night. Going to sleep early and sleeping lightly helped a lot as did recognising visual cues and reality checkers in the dreamscape. Because I related my dreams several times every day and worked through their symbology in my own mind I didn't use a dream diary but that would also help.

What really motivated me was watching "the forbidden planet" aged about 6. That film scared the bejesus out of me because I already knew about the direct link between our conscious and conscious thoughts, and I was determined to have conscious control of my dreamscapes so that I would never project my emotions into the real world as happened in that film. As a consequence I learned a lot of real and valuable lessons. P s by conscious portal I mean a dream symbol that always led into a dreamscape. I would visualise it as I was falling asleep, then utilise it to enter my dreamscapes. As a child it was a trap door in the ground in my back yard. As a adolescent a tunnel in cellar in an derelict house nearby, and as an adult, a deliberate mental construct including a reflecting pool surrounded by a grove of bamboos and willows.

Edited by Mr Walker

I accept this works for you. On the other hand, after leaning to fly in my dreams from my earlist memories I got interested aged 4 or 5, in projecting my mind consciously. I worked on it as an exercise every day and night for years, gradually becoming more capable all the time. By the time I was about 10 I could project my consciousness anywhere on earth, and shortly after that out into the solar system and galaxy then the universe. I didn't travel in any astral realm, but in the real one, seeing real places people and events, normally in real time. I consciously learned how to link my conscious and subconscious minds; how to do reality checks, how to maintain awareness without slipping out of a dream. this was all back in the 1950s before such things were recognised and I had to work everything out for myself There were no books or internet guides. Eventually I could, and did, maintain a dream for hours. I learned not just controlled lucid dreaming but the ability to deliberately set up a dreamscape scenario during the day and enter it as I fell asleep

There are many paths to this . mine included creating a conscious portal through which to enter my dreamscape every night as soon as I began to sleep. Using light sleep to maintain conscious unconsciousness for a long time Ie being in both the dream world and the waking world. I could get up, turn on some lights, go to our outside toilet and return to bed, while maintaining a dream.

I did a lot of thinking and talking about it to increase my level of consciousness/awareness, because our subconscious processes our waking thoughts every night. Going to sleep early and sleeping lightly helped a lot as did recognising visual cues and reality checkers in the dreamscape. Because I related my dreams several times every day and worked through their symbology in my own mind I didn't use a dream diary but that would also help.

What really motivated me was watching "the forbidden planet" aged about 6. That film scared the bejesus out of me because I already knew about the direct link between our conscious and conscious thoughts, and I was determined to have conscious control of my dreamscapes so that I would never project my emotions into the real world as happened in that film. As a consequence I learned a lot of real and valuable lessons.

Was this before they made LSD illegal? :unsure2:

.....>>>> I'm just kidding!!! :yes:

That's what I thought, and may explain the 'tingling' in your fingers...you might try putting a pillow under your knees...

Sometimes when either standing or laying...if our legs are straight...the knee joint slowly cuts off circulation. This is why guys pass out often while standing at attention...in the military you learn to bend your knees a little. Give that a try...the pillow...bend your elbows a little as well. It's hard to escape your body when your body keeps saying, Hey...I'm here...tingling. Tingling isn't really a sign of anything except insufficient blood flow.

Ah this seems to make some sense so I will give that a try before I go to bed. Just out of curiosity are you mean't to fall asleep doing this or are you mean't to be awake & leave your body so it seems you're in a sleep like state.

Oh and can you please write a tutorial on what to do so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I want to get it perfect tonight so I can possibly get it right ahahahaha you seem to know a lot about this. :)

If you go to sleep you will enter...the dream world. You do that all the time. No, you stay awake.

I don't know about a tutorial...I think bLu3 de 3n3rgy pretty much already did that.

Re-read her post...all of it...pay particular attention as you read to the bold parts:

Edited by joc

Was this before they made LSD illegal? :unsure2:

.....>>>> I'm just kidding!!! :yes:

Given i was under ten, the only vice i had was a cigarette habit. I started smoking butts left on our verandah when i was a few years old probably to imitate my dad. In those days no one realy knew anything about this sort of stuff. I thought it was something unique to me, but when much older i got on the internet and found out that, while uncomon, it is all experienced by other people. Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Given i was under ten, the only vice i had was a cigarette habit. I started smoking butts left on our verandah when i was a few years old. In those days no one realy knew anythig about this sort of stuff i thought it was something unique to me ut when muc older i got ton the internedt and found out tha while uncomon it is all experinced by other peole.

Ah, the old cigarette butt gig! I remember my best friend and I walking and walking looking and looking...if it had a few drags left on it, in the pocket it went. I also remember experimenting with things...not drugs...as a very young kid. I had a fascination with the flashlight...I would look into the flashlight...blinding myself, until I could see the filament...then I would take the flashlight away from my eye and everything would be a hazy blue. I also remember being somewhat obsessed with sticking my finger in the bulb socket of a lamp...hmmmm...maybe I am revealing too much....

• Like 1

Ah, the old cigarette butt gig! I remember my best friend and I walking and walking looking and looking...if it had a few drags left on it, in the pocket it went. I also remember experimenting with things...not drugs...as a very young kid. I had a fascination with the flashlight...I would look into the flashlight...blinding myself, until I could see the filament...then I would take the flashlight away from my eye and everything would be a hazy blue. I also remember being somewhat obsessed with sticking my finger in the bulb socket of a lamp...hmmmm...maybe I am revealing too much....

Ah well, at least it was onlyyour finger.........

i could write a book on controlled lucid dreaming and projecting your consciousness, but unfortunately, because I came to it so young, I cant really remember or explain how i came to it. It is like reading .I was asked to teach others how I learned to read, but because I was reading before I was two years old, I can't actually remember the skills or mechanisms I used to learn to read.

I can remember how I first learned to fly in dreams, and how i came to do it consciously. As a young child i was stopped from leaving our yard by a fence and locked gate In my dreams I learned to run and jump over the fence, and then slowly extend my jump into a glide and then controlled flight.

Likewise, as a very young child, I floated out of my bed, all around the ceilings of our house (inmy dreams) My parents tried ot catch me and put me back to bed but they could only grab me when i tried to go through a doorway. Later, about 4 or 5, I learned to slip through walls and doors so i could explore my neighbourhhood. At first i only went as far as my roof and up on our tv antenna, but soon i was spying on all our near neighbours.

Edited by Mr Walker