Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

I am an orb hunter, this was taken in.....

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,329 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

How would you distinguish a real orb from dust or camera artifact in a photo? What details would you look for? I've seen orbs on numerous occasions, so I know they exist. I don't expect anyone who hasn't seen them without a camera to change their belief based on anything I say or post, but I have done some research about orbs, I'm really not as credulous as some claim orb-believers are.

#32    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostBeany, on 01 February 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

How would you distinguish a real orb from dust or camera artifact in a photo? What details would you look for? I've seen orbs on numerous occasions, so I know they exist. I don't expect anyone who hasn't seen them without a camera to change their belief based on anything I say or post, but I have done some research about orbs, I'm really not as credulous as some claim orb-believers are.

All the evidence points to orbs being photographic artifacts.

I would be worried if I saw them with the naked eye,... So my advise to you is to go see an ophthalmologist to get your eyes checked out if it continues.

Edited by Hazzard, 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#33    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostBeany, on 01 February 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

If you've done the necessary research, you would know the answers already..  While I'd be happy to post details about all the reasons for out of focus blobs on any image, it would be pretty long-winded and boring...

Do you have a particular image that you would like analysed, that you think shows a non-photographically-explainable orb?  If you do, I would hope you still have both the original image (exif intact) and the camera, and then I can tell you some simple things to test out just how real the orb is .. or isn't.

In simple terms it has to do with the lighting (ie flash), the lens focus setting and depth of field versus the distance of the object, the nature of the optics (lens & sensor characteristics & alignment, aperture size and shape, location of object in the field of view, etc) and of course the object (if any) itself.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users