Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Looks like bigfoot has gone mainstream

oh shut up and watch it.

  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:35 AM



:w00t:


#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,477 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

My heroes! :nw:

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#3    Tia

Tia

    The Naughty Angel.

  • Member
  • 6,272 posts
  • Joined:25 Mar 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Blue Mountains

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Pathetic, are these people really expecting us to believe they are serious researchers?

More money now thy are funded by Wendy's for them to waste on "OMG did you here that?"

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#4    Nightpath

Nightpath

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nova Scotia , Canada

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

All of the shows do it to some extent. Whether it's just showing their equipment (like in Destination Truth when Josh shows off pieces of kit randomly) or pimpin it out in commercials. Making those shows aren't cheap, have to keep the bread flowing.


#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,102 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Matt MONEYmaker

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,477 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Any guesses on what the new Wendy's kid's meals will contain? Beside FabFour figurines and one sasquatch
DNA test kit with postage paid return envelope?
Plaster of Paris?
Sighting report form

Hey, ironically, it might be the most educational kid's meal yet.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 06 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#7    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

The ironic thing i think about this commercial is that the tone of it seems to say "eh..yeah, yeah...thats bigfoot - we'll catch him another time."  Which is pretty much the whole truth.  Even if there was such a thing as a real like bigfoot - these jokers have no intention of finding one - that would pretty much sink the concept of their show, now wouldn't it?

What I don't get is how people to continue to believe, with idiots like these championing the cause.  **facepalm**


#8    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,477 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

It is an odd marriage: Wendy's and Finding Bigfoot.

Although, I too think the commercial sums it all up perfectly: Bf is always just out of reach, and we always stop short of reaching further.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 January 2013 - 01:16 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#9    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

That's pretty much it, if they actually find Bigfoot then the show's pretty much over.

Can't go around shooting the cash cow now can they?


#10    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,827 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

I will never spend a penny at Wendys ever again.

Frauds, liars, hoaxers, etc. making money off of their lies is disgusting, and should be illegal. They sell merchandise and such, and are making big bucks now, on the claims they are looking for Bigfoot, and the lies they spew.

Animal Planet, and now Wendys are just helping them.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#11    Nightpath

Nightpath

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nova Scotia , Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

It's entertainment. Pure and simple. And STILL better than most of the reality garbage on TV these days (Big Brother, Jersey Shore [thank f0ck thats off now], and multitudes of others). FB is nothing but a lark, you KNOW they'll never find one, and they're always spouting retarded crap like "bigfoots like to eat blackberries, it's their favorite" and "squatches love to cuddle under the stars after pillaging a camp and having sex"... no bigfoot have been caught and these guys are experts on their behavior? That's comedy GOLD, not reality.

Sakari, it may surprise you what companies sit behind what shows and fund them, even for a 5 second spot to show their product (notice Chevrolet doesn't fund them, the bowtie is always blanked out but they always drive Chevy. I bet in newer episodes we'll see that change). It's done in tv shows, movies and video games. How do most people deal with it? We say "meh" and move along.


#12    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

    Integrity is all we have

  • Member
  • 2,583 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:White Cloud

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 07 January 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:


What I don't get is how people to continue to believe, with idiots like these championing the cause.  **facepalm**

Just wondering... If you saw a bigfoot with your own eyes, would you believe in them? Would you champion the cause?

I have not seen a bigfoot, but if i did then maybe i would believe


#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,477 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostSakari, on 07 January 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

I will never spend a penny at Wendys ever again.

Frauds, liars, hoaxers, etc. making money off of their lies is disgusting, and should be illegal. They sell merchandise and such, and are making big bucks now, on the claims they are looking for Bigfoot, and the lies they spew.

Animal Planet, and now Wendys are just helping them.

I don't know how old any of you are, but when I was growing up (60's 70's) nature shows were all about sharing knowledge with the rest of us. They presented facts and real experiences and we learned a long with the experts. It was a given. We never had to wonder if we were being duped. Sure we still have some shows like that today, but are kids watching them or the "entertainment" variety.

There seems to me, to be such a dichotomy today between science and the general public. And I'm not even talking about creationism. But maybe I am biased as to this effect  because I watch this kind of stuff, read about it on the Inet even buy books on it.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,827 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostNightpath, on 07 January 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

It's entertainment. Pure and simple. And STILL better than most of the reality garbage on TV these days (Big Brother, Jersey Shore [thank f0ck thats off now], and multitudes of others). FB is nothing but a lark, you KNOW they'll never find one, and they're always spouting retarded crap like "bigfoots like to eat blackberries, it's their favorite" and "squatches love to cuddle under the stars after pillaging a camp and having sex"... no bigfoot have been caught and these guys are experts on their behavior? That's comedy GOLD, not reality.

Sakari, it may surprise you what companies sit behind what shows and fund them, even for a 5 second spot to show their product (notice Chevrolet doesn't fund them, the bowtie is always blanked out but they always drive Chevy. I bet in newer episodes we'll see that change). It's done in tv shows, movies and video games. How do most people deal with it? We say "meh" and move along.


I know.....

I am not as upset as typing may appear.....Thing is, FB says bigfoot exists.....The other shows are reality shows.

If FB did the same as Destination Truth, where they go into EVERYTHING without saying " Bigfoot is real ", and actually say " if it exists "....I would feel a lot better.

People believe this garbage, and other garbage claims as real....Only because it is on TV.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#15    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,827 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 07 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

I don't know how old any of you are, but when I was growing up (60's 70's) nature shows were all about sharing knowledge with the rest of us. They presented facts and real experiences and we learned a long with the experts. It was a given. We never had to wonder if we were being duped. Sure we still have some shows like that today, but are kids watching them or the "entertainment" variety.

There seems to me, to be such a dichotomy today between science and the general public. And I'm not even talking about creationism.



Exactly what I just posted, only in better wording...( I am 47 )

This is another thing, Animal Planet used to be a great educational outlet....." used to ".

Edited by Sakari, 07 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users