Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#226    max66

max66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 August 2009 - 04:01 PM, said:

I looked at the crystalinks site where you got that skull picture from.

Well, here it is again, but with a bit extra (from the same site):

Posted Image

And then you will see it's not the skull of some 'giant', but of a normal human being who's head has been artificilally reshaped.
This person must have been a really good swimmer! LOL~! Sorry couldn't help it

#227    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:52 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 01 March 2010 - 03:06 PM, said:

Though for giants, keep in mind, the average height for people used to be much shorter than what it is currently.
A person of average height today would have been fairly tall to many of these people.

I think this explains the majority of the anecdotal stuff. Remember, there are lots of accounts out there that talk about the Vikings being a race of giants. They averaged about 5'8" in the 13th/14th century.

Imagine a world where the "tall guys" you know are 5-and-a-half feet tall. Now picture a really huge person walking through a crowd of these folks. How easily could a glance give someone the impression that the person is bigger than humans are supposed to be?

I'm average height (5'10"). I met Shaquille O'neil in a club in Orlando. It's a strange experience to reach above your head to pat someone on the shoulder when you're an average sized person. If you couldn't quickly Google his actual height, I can easily imagine that "Holy crap, this guy's huge!!" feeling translating to stories of him being 8 or 9 feet tall.

As for the "found a skeleton but it disappeared" stories. Anyone who's been around fishermen can tell you that the one that got away is always a monster.

#228    Gauss

Gauss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

There have been giants and other life forms many times over and over again on earth.

There are loads of stories about them with pics etc.

The question is not whether it has been coverred up, the question is why... It is tied to the whole agenda of the 20th century...

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a Conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind simply has not come to a realization of the evil which has been introduced into our midst." J. Edgar Hoover - Director of FBI

#229    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostGauss, on 01 June 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

There have been giants and other life forms many times over and over again on earth.

There are loads of stories about them with pics etc.

The question is not whether it has been coverred up, the question is why... It is tied to the whole agenda of the 20th century...

Not at all, there is simply no evidence what so ever outside of misinterpretation. There is no global academic conspiracy, such an idea is ludicrous.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#230    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

I know of only two giants..lol

1st...andre the giant
Posted Image

2nd....The Jolly Green Giant
Posted Image

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#231    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

View Postsam12six, on 22 March 2010 - 06:52 AM, said:

I think this explains the majority of the anecdotal stuff. Remember, there are lots of accounts out there that talk about the Vikings being a race of giants. They averaged about 5'8" in the 13th/14th century.

Imagine a world where the "tall guys" you know are 5-and-a-half feet tall. Now picture a really huge person walking through a crowd of these folks. How easily could a glance give someone the impression that the person is bigger than humans are supposed to be?

I'm average height (5'10"). I met Shaquille O'neil in a club in Orlando. It's a strange experience to reach above your head to pat someone on the shoulder when you're an average sized person. If you couldn't quickly Google his actual height, I can easily imagine that "Holy crap, this guy's huge!!" feeling translating to stories of him being 8 or 9 feet tall.

As for the "found a skeleton but it disappeared" stories. Anyone who's been around fishermen can tell you that the one that got away is always a monster.

I agree with your point of view very much.

I lived in Peru for half a year, and visited the rural areas quite a lot of times.

I remember some Europeans got harassed by native Peruvians in a train at the moment I entered; these Europeans were not that tall, like 5 feet and a couple of inches. Then, all I said was "Que pasa, hombres?" (what's the matter with you guys?,  or something like that). And the Peruvians answered with, "Nada señor, no problemas, eh?", and fled to every corner like cockroaches.

I am 6 feet tall and a bit, and afterwards I heard from those Europeans they got scared of my height, lol. Well, and the fact I wore a black beard and camouflage clothes and an army backpack, that helped too.

And I tell you, I am the smallest of my brothers; the largest of my brothers is near 7 feet. But my father could have been a Peruvian, just taking his height into account.

OK, I think it's nothing but good and healthy food, and not much stress during growing up, combined with health care that is responsible for people growing large.

I have seen it here, in Holland. Hindustan people of my age (from Surinam, an ex-Dutch colony) are always small compared to most Dutch people, but their sons are always a lot larger.

I can imagine an ancient native Indian tribe growing tall on good food (lots of proteins, like fish and clams,, and eating lots of green vegetables) and good health care (herbal medicine) and a relative easy life.

No need for any "Annunaki" or "Watchers" or "angels" or 'Atlanteans' to explain this thing.

We Dutch are on avarage the tallest or one of the tallest people on earth, but a century ago it was a different thing altogether. Did aliens land in Holland and mix with us? No.

Edited by Abramelin, 01 June 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#232    Qwasz

Qwasz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

There are periods of human history where we were shorter.  There were also periods where we were taller.

Look at the heights of our prehistoric hunter-gatherer ancestors.  They were actually taller on average than a modern human from the current era.

#233    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 01 June 2010 - 07:10 PM, said:

I agree with your point of view very much.

I lived in Peru for half a year, and visited the rural areas quite a lot of times.

I remember some Europeans got harassed by native Peruvians in a train at the moment I entered; these Europeans were not that tall, like 5 feet and a couple of inches. Then, all I said was "Que pasa, hombres?" (what's the matter with you guys?,  or something like that). And the Peruvians answered with, "Nada seņor, no problemas, eh?", and fled to every corner like cockroaches.

I am 6 feet tall and a bit, and afterwards I heard from those Europeans they got scared of my height, lol. Well, and the fact I wore a black beard and camouflage clothes and an army backpack, that helped too.

And I tell you, I am the smallest of my brothers; the largest of my brothers is near 7 feet. But my father could have been a Peruvian, just taking his height into account.

OK, I think it's nothing but good and healthy food, and not much stress during growing up, combined with health care that is responsible for people growing large.

I have seen it here, in Holland. Hindustan people of my age (from Surinam, an ex-Dutch colony) are always small compared to most Dutch people, but their sons are always a lot larger.

I can imagine an ancient native Indian tribe growing tall on good food (lots of proteins, like fish and clams,, and eating lots of green vegetables) and good health care (herbal medicine) and a relative easy life.

No need for any "Annunaki" or "Watchers" or "angels" or 'Atlanteans' to explain this thing.

We Dutch are on avarage the tallest or one of the tallest people on earth, but a century ago it was a different thing altogether. Did aliens land in Holland and mix with us? No.

Quite correct Abe, I have a similar story, but I was in Japan at the time, when you're 6ft3 tall and crossing the street in Tokyo, you have a quite interesting view, to say the least.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#234    Actual Facts

Actual Facts

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:45 AM

View PostHocus, on 15 August 2009 - 03:45 PM, said:

Giant axes found in Sumer..... http://www.bibliotec...tchers10_09.jpg
"We want to make clear that the existence of giant people [in ancient times] ... must be regarded as a scientifically certain fact." -- Louis Burkhalter, paleontologist, 1950

The physical evidence that historical giants used long bows has also been rediscovered: giant flint arrowheads cleverly labeled as "axes" by mainstream coverup community have also been recovered in Africa.

Posted Image

"Although the first find was made in the 1990s, the discovery of four giant axes has not been scientifically reported until now. Four giant stone hand axes, measuring over 30 cm long and of uncertain age, were recovered from the lake basin." -- Oxford University, September 2009

Giant Stone-Age Axes Found In African Lake Basin, University of Oxford, Sep 2009

But as these blow Darwninism out of the water and pretty much most accepted history, they are filtered out and either called or hoax or they will smear anyone who dares to speak out.
Exactly.

Edited by Actual Facts, 20 June 2010 - 02:46 AM.

#235    Actual Facts

Actual Facts

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

View PostMattshark, on 01 June 2010 - 02:32 PM, said:

There is no global academic conspiracy, such an idea is ludicrous.
You're on the payroll I take it?

#236    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,410 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

View PostActual Facts, on 20 June 2010 - 02:45 AM, said:

"We want to make clear that the existence of giant people [in ancient times] ... must be regarded as a scientifically certain fact." -- Louis Burkhalter, paleontologist, 1950

The physical evidence that historical giants used long bows has also been rediscovered: giant flint arrowheads cleverly labeled as "axes" by mainstream coverup community have also been recovered in Africa.

Posted Image

"Although the first find was made in the 1990s, the discovery of four giant axes has not been scientifically reported until now. Four giant stone hand axes, measuring over 30 cm long and of uncertain age, were recovered from the lake basin." -- Oxford University, September 2009

Giant Stone-Age Axes Found In African Lake Basin, University of Oxford, Sep 2009

Exactly.

Your attempt to present the pictured hand axes as projectile points (and arrow points at that!)is patently absurd. Given your apparent first-hand knowledge of lithic technology, one would be inclined to presume that you have observed the degree(!) of basal thinning. One may also suspect that you are personally aware of the lateral edge grinding often associated with the hafting of projectile points. Then one would need to spend a bit of time with the mathematical extrapolation of mass, i.e., most projectile points are measured on the scale of grams.

Said extrapolation will lead to a combination of factors of which there is no present qualified supportive evidence. Period.

#237    Actual Facts

Actual Facts

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

View PostSwede, on 21 June 2010 - 02:26 AM, said:

Your attempt to present the pictured hand axes as projectile points (and arrow points at that!)is patently absurd. Given your apparent first-hand knowledge of lithic technology, one would be inclined to presume that you have observed the degree(!) of basal thinning. One may also suspect that you are personally aware of the lateral edge grinding often associated with the hafting of projectile points. Then one would need to spend a bit of time with the mathematical extrapolation of mass, i.e., most projectile points are measured on the scale of grams.

Said extrapolation will lead to a combination of factors of which there is no present qualified supportive evidence. Period.

Sounds like a bunch of assumptions thinly veiled in jargon with no supporting evidence.

Do you claim the giant so-called "axes" were actually chiseled by Homo floresiensis?

Edited by Actual Facts, 21 June 2010 - 02:36 AM.

#238    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,265 posts

• Question everything

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

View PostActual Facts, on 21 June 2010 - 02:30 AM, said:

Sounds like a bunch of assumptions thinly veiled in jargon with no supporting evidence.
In plain English, why are the supposed "bottoms" pretty obviously sharpened to an edge while at the same time there're no marks to indicate that it was attached to a shaft? Even I spotted that before swede pointed it out.

Do you claim the giant so-called "axes" were actually chiseled by Homo floresiensis?
On the contrary. Clearly what we have here is evidence of earth being visited by natives of the planet Taurus II.

Edited by Oniomancer, 21 June 2010 - 03:20 AM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#239    Actual Facts

Actual Facts

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

View PostOniomancer, on 21 June 2010 - 03:04 AM, said:

Clearly what we have here is evidence of earth being visited by natives of the planet Taurus II.
At least that hypothesis has more scientific evidence supporting it than Darwinian evolution.

Edited by Actual Facts, 21 June 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#240    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

View PostHocus, on 15 August 2009 - 04:33 PM, said:

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.

The fact Neanderthals where born with skulls the same size as modern Homo Sapiens(and for what ever reason there heads changed shape)....far from makes this skull the product of a *giant*

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users