Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US military leaders on childhood obesity

military schools childhood obesity

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,944 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

I am in control of those details, dear. They don't have my name, address and many other personal things.

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 September 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

wait... you don't trust the government but you're happy to give your details to a website?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#32    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,712 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 01 October 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

If the words are too big, get a dictionary.

What is it you said about attackers and flamers? It's the ol' do as I say and not as I do, huh? Of course it's easier to go after the soft targets isn't it? You constantly condemn people for judging you and you have no qualms about judging other people.

#33    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,944 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostQuake Storm Maverick 66er, on 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The military wants very fit people to fight in future wars, an emphasis of health regiment is part of the military's programs to build-up future soldiers and officers. The military is also concerned on the availability of young adult males in the US population and decline in birth rates is their concern, for obvious reasons. Therefore the military speaks out on how school lunches are linked with obese children, so whenever in the future they attempt a Vietnam-era style draft system, the number of health standard eligible boys fit for military service will be quite low.

And what regeneratia is writing on her posts are famous conspiracies and stories of what the US army and allies (Latin American countries) are known for sadistic practices on youth, including human trafficking of children caught in sexual deviant circles linked to the US military and Latin American officials, and medical experiments done on children is eerily reminisicent of what happened in Nazi concentration camps or state hospitals (the infamous T-4 state eugenics euthanasia program).

And leavenworth was mentioned because I have known at least three officers from Ft. Leavenworth who have met my friends, dated them. Then those friends found out they were married and that they were just looking for sex outside the marriage. That is why I commented on their morals. They were all officers.

My sister married an officer. He brought home the sexually transmitted viral disease, gotten outside the aged marriage, that eventually killed her. I have a chip on my shoulder towards military officers on a major level, those slime bucket, wimpy ashed nitwits.

I have respect for the bottom end soldiers and their buddies that care about them. But it is the rare military officer that I will respect.

Edited by regeneratia, 01 October 2012 - 06:57 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#34    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,944 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Our children are safer fat.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#35    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,712 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 01 October 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

You made your point and you are dismissed now....

#36    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,944 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostMichelle, on 01 October 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

What is it you said about attackers and flamers? It's the ol' do as I say and not as I do, huh? Of course it's easier to go after the soft targets isn't it? You constantly condemn people for judging you and you have no qualms about judging other people.

Is get a dictionary too insulting?
I cannot communicate accurately with OMG, LOL, ROTFLMAO, BRB and etc. But I am sure I would be far easier to understand if I did totally communicate with them.

michelle, You are on ignore for your willingness to readily insult and flame, to cyber gand bang any person your buddies and you so choose. You attack on a massive level. I have seen it over and over again. that is why you are on ignore most of the time. And you have the blindness to attack my subtle undirected slights. At least I don't do name calling and things like that. And you have to have some sort of upper level of intelligence to get my slights. Which are generally pointed at no one in particular.

I don't feel dismissed.

Edited by regeneratia, 01 October 2012 - 07:08 AM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#37    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,712 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I wonder how I knew your own words would be offensive to you?

Edited by Michelle, 01 October 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#38    twelvepackterry

twelvepackterry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

I don't like military high ups either. thinking of why they might want to say something about kids obesity problems. doesn't look good.

#39    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 29 September 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Military Leaders Point to Schools in U.S. Obesity Fight

By Susan Heavey
WASHINGTON (Reuters) Sep 25 - Former U.S. military leaders have identified a latent threat to the potential for a leaner, more agile fighting force: the school vending machine.
(required free registrations to read.)

Why on earth should retired military leaders have anything to say about this? I find it extremely inappropriate. I do not respect military leaders of any sort!!]

http://www.missionreadiness.org/

Well if the military can't have an opinion on obesity that why do you think you should get one?
I bet they get a whole lot more exercise than you do, and know a whole lot more about the body and how it works than you do. Since it's kinda important for them with the whole - staying alive - thing.

And to let your personal feelings get in the way of an argument because something happened with one officer related to your familiy in some way ... how the world would be if everybody thought like you.
"i hate bananas, they should be banned , because one day my friends sister went to a shop and there was a rotten banana in the apple stock pile"
this is your logic, notice how it is not valid.

Edited by Render, 01 October 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#40    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,457 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 01 October 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

You are repeating a myth. Read the research I provided here, research from a well-respected medical site.

Of course, it is easier to blame the person, while refraining from blaming the system. I understand taking the easy thought. But that thought will be inaccurate.
Nothing in life is simple. Not even on matters of childhood obesity.

I say that we need to take a look at the systemic reasons in our preesnt world on why there might be a problem on childhood obesity, including the BPA issue and all other endocrine disruptors.

If the words are too big, get a dictionary.

FYI, I have no way of knowing if you all are lying or not. Thus I always assume they are lies or mere perceptions. And the same should go for me. I don't ask that you believe me. I ask that you objectively do the research yourself.

H pylori: http://en.wikipedia....cobacter_pylori
My details in relating this story may not be completely accurate but you get the gist of it if you read on Wiki.
There was a man, a Dr., who once claimed that ulcers were not created by stress alone. Traditionalists made fun of him mercilessly. They were all heartily resistant to his idea, his concept, and his science. So he GAVE himself the bacteria he thought was creating the ulcers, h pylori. He drank the bacteria. He got ulcers. I suspect they were found upon diagnostic testing, thus proving he had ulcers. Then he took the antibiotic that he knew would destroy the ulcer-causing bacteria. Still traditional scientist and the medical community were resistant to the idea. He got rid of his ulcers, something that was once thought to always be present once present. Little by little, caring Dr.s started to treat their tagamet-eating clients with the antibiotic used to kill h pylori. Now, today, is it assumed that h pylori gives people uicers, not stress. And the standard treatment for ulcers is that particular anti-biotics. Where once you could meet a dozen people, one of which would be taking tagamet for ulcers. Now I don't know a soul who takes it and, as an RN,  I have never given it to anyone in all the years I have been in this profession.

Stress causing ulcers was a myth. But it was a myth that was hard to let go of. And so it is with diet and exercise being the cause of all obesity.

Did you get my point? Or was I too complex for you?

First of all, drop the smug and sanctimonious act. It's doesn't do you any favors.

Second. no one ever said that diet and exercise is the cause of obesity. This, I admit, maybe a typo on your part and I can only assume that you meant that diet and exercise is not the cure to obesity. While it is not the only was to low weight, it is the most effective short of a surgical option. I have had great success with diet and exercise when it comes to losing weight.
Your comment about our children being safer when their fat is as appalling as most of your other opinions.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#41    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,457 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostMichelle, on 01 October 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

Never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with you about something. :tu:

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#42    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Childhood obesity is a big concern these days and just about everyone under the sun has offered opinions on it, so why shouldn't military leaders do so as well? It's not doing any harm and some of their suggestions might even be helpful.

As for calorie intake being a myth and children being safer fat...medical science says no.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#43    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

A vast quantity of people these days. And most certianly my family and friends.

Well we here dont want to hear YOUR opinion. Hows that?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#44    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,272 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 01 October 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

Safer from what?
Certainly not childhood diabetes, later life stroke, heart attack, cancer, high blood pressure (which can also cause stroke and heart attack), low peer relationships. low self esteem...
But yes, they're safe from being used by the evil military industrial complex who never take unfit people and know how to turn them not only into trained killers but fit ones.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#45    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,944 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

They susre know how to poison and radiate ya, that much is for sure.

Look into the non-FDA approved Anthrax vaccine that they only stopped when there was a highly publicized rash of murders and suicides at Fort Hood. In fact, when the vaccine came up to the FDA, it was disapproved. However the military decided to use it anyway.

Oh yes, they know about the effects of radiation on the body as well. Depleted Uranium doesn't only bust bunkers, it radiates all soldiers near it. Now we see infertility, fetal deformatives. And just think what Iraq is experiencing because of the use of depleted uranium. The UN outlawed use of depleted uranium. Rumsfeld, probably a lush, decided to use it anyway in an illegal war and bdubious ooccupation of a middle east country for no reaszon whatsoever but that Bush wanted a war legacy, was set on invading Iraq while he campaigned in 1999 and 2000.

I really don't want the military to influence the life of my child and his friends on any level whatsoever. Since this the house they come to most frequently, I get the indoctrination in on all of them, including alerting them to military recruiting in the 5th grade by StarBase program. So when they went there, without my son present, of course, they were looking to see just what psyoips and military propaganda was being placed on their plate. They were also instructed not to allow the military leaders to touch them and not to eat the food the military provided.

There is no doubt in my mind that our children are safer fat.

View PostRender, on 01 October 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well if the military can't have an opinion on obesity that why do you think you should get one?
I bet they get a whole lot more exercise than you do, and know a whole lot more about the body and how it works than you do. Since it's kinda important for them with the whole - staying alive - thing.

And to let your personal feelings get in the way of an argument because something happened with one officer related to your familiy in some way ... how the world would be if everybody thought like you.
"i hate bananas, they should be banned , because one day my friends sister went to a shop and there was a rotten banana in the apple stock pile"
this is your logic, notice how it is not valid.

Professor Hilton Hotema

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users