Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Hates Religion

Ultima Weapon

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos

I saw the first video.

I believe Jesus would be against this idea because it causes affliction between christian and church and Jesus is most definitely against afflictions. Also, I do not believe that there is any hatred is Jesus's heart at all.

Edited by notforgotten

Some good things said, but religion, something to hold beliefs together is needed. The New Testament was put together into the canon by the church...

peace

Mark

I saw the first video.

I believe Jesus would be against this idea because it causes affliction between christian and church and Jesus is most definitely against afflictions. Also, I do not believe that there is any hatred is Jesus's heart at all.

I understand your concerns. That's one of the reasons why I believe he didn't completely trash the Jewish religion and just say "Screw your religion, follow me!" Instead he said "Follow your scriptures and laws, just follow me first." (I'm currently working on a thread on this topic specifically, just long and takes time)

Just keep in mind, Jesus did preach against many of the teachers of the law at the time, as well as many of their traditions. Jesus was a much more radical guy, otherwise he wouldn't have been crucified by his very own church might I add, meaning the Jews. Yes, he believed in fellowship among believers, but let me ask you this: Does fellowship mean ritualistic traditions and legalistic rules? I personally don't think so.

I believe you can essentially sum up the totality of Christ's message with these three simple rules:

• Believe and follow Jesus Christ
  • Love God
  • Love others as you love yourself

That's pretty much it. And I think that's essentially the same message being expressed in these two videos.

• Like 2

I understand your concerns. That's one of the reasons why I believe he didn't completely trash the Jewish religion and just say "Screw your religion, follow me!" Instead he said "Follow your scriptures and laws, just follow me first." (I'm currently working on a thread on this topic specifically, just long and takes time)

Just keep in mind, Jesus did preach against many of the teachers of the law at the time, as well as many of their traditions. Jesus was a much more radical guy, otherwise he wouldn't have been crucified by his very own church might I add, meaning the Jews. Yes, he believed in fellowship among believers, but let me ask you this: Does fellowship mean ritualistic traditions and legalistic rules? I personally don't think so.

I believe you can essentially sum up the totality of Christ's message with these three simple rules:

• Believe and follow Jesus Christ
  • Love God
  • Love others as you love yourself

That's pretty much it. And I think that's essentially the same message being expressed in these two videos.

One another message Jesus was about the religion of his time and day, it was adulterated and became rigidly legalistic.

Basically, they added to the law of God.

They turned a relationship between themselves and God into all sorts of hypocrisy, legalism, and tradition.

This legalism and tradition actually was more important to them than a genuine relationship with God and their fellow human being.

Instead of building a PERSONAL relationship with God with a pure mind and pure conscience, they forsook the most important element of the law itself ... that is love God and love your fellow human being as yourself would desire to be loved. Instead they stalked around condemning people for not washing their hands before meals and condemned people for not giving their money to their churches despite the fact these people had families that needed that money more. This legalism and traditions darkened their hearts and corrupted their minds with hypocrisy. Any holiness they possessed was ONLY for public show. It wasnt genuine from the heart as the real purpose was ONLY to appear holy ... but they lacked any true love for God and for their fellow man.

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 1

One another message Jesus was about the religion of his time and day, it was adulterated and became rigidly legalistic.

Basically, they added to the law of God.

They turned a relationship between themselves and God into all sorts of hypocrisy, legalism, and tradition.

This legalism and tradition actually was more important to them than a genuine relationship with God and their fellow human being.

Instead of building a PERSONAL relationship with God with a pure mind and pure conscience, they forsook the most important element of the law itself ... that is love God and love your fellow human being as yourself would desire to be loved. Instead they stalked around condemning people for not washing their hands before meals and condemned people for not giving their money to their churches despite the fact these people had families that needed that money more. This legalism and traditions darkened their hearts and corrupted their minds with hypocrisy. Any holiness they possessed was ONLY for public show. It wasnt genuine from the heart as the real purpose was ONLY to appear holy ... but they lacked any true love for God and for their fellow man.

And they changed?

“There is no going back. You can’t sit anymore in churches listening to stodgy liturgies. They put you to sleep. Most of these churches are museums with floor shows. They are caricatures of what Jesus intended. Jesus would be turning over money changing tables in their vestibules. Those in church maybe good hearted and even well meaning, but they are ignoring the urgent, beckoning call to engage with the world.” Bishop George Packard.

The trouble with religion is that it becomes fixed in ancient concepts and ideals, how many were victimised for daring to challenge ancient ideals like Galileo, how many Catholic Protestant wars, how many Shia and Sunni have killed one another, this done in the name of their God! The world has changed and religion should change also. It should be built on the ‘experience’ of Love felt within the heart, then no rules/laws are needed. With Love as the foundation all decisions are compassionate and then the Natural experience of Love/Peace is set free to respond to what is needed in the changing modern world. Where are the like of – Jesus - John the Baptist - James the Just, standing up and demanding care for the poor, sick and the ending of war, without regard for their physical safety, prepared to die fighting the greedy selfish values of the Rich and the Politicians?

“The world is ready for a revolution, a discovery of the God in each of us.” George Harrison

Edited by sutemi
  • Like 1

I agree that Jesus would not be very happy with the various sects and denominations that have sprung up in His name. One only has to read the Gospels to see that Jesus heavily chastised religious people; people who had lost sight of God and instead had firmly focused on law, ritual, and tradition.

But one also has to remember that it was Jesus who asked Peter to "feed" and "care for" His sheep to understand that Jesus expected His followers to congregate. The fact that, because we are human we end up creating organizations that eventually become more focused on maintaining itself than on doing the work Christ calls us to, is not a valid excuse not to be part of a congregation, nor is it a valid reason to revile any attempt at congregating.

• Like 3

I don't think Jesus ( if he exists ) would like the idea of people building a religion around his name, and to a point where it becomes a mess and has so many splinter groups within it..

• Like 2

I don't think Jesus ( if he exists ) would like the idea of people building a religion around his name, and to a point where it becomes a mess and has so many splinter groups within it..

Agreed. If you read His teachings, you'll find He was big on love and unity.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:34-35

• Like 1

Agreed. If you read His teachings, you'll find He was big on love and unity.

Trust me, I have indeed read his teachings, this is how i cam to the conclusion he would not have wanted a entire religion in his name that has more splits in it than a Hollywood marriage.. Yet ironically, man went on ahead and build a religion in his name..More followed .. The funny part is, there are people out there who will agree, Jesus would not have wanted a religion in his name ( with splinter groups of Christians who cannot agree ) yet dare you say a word against it? .. If Jesus came down to earth, and he told the Christians that they had it wrong, there was no need for a religion..what's the bet a good few would remind Jesus of the old days, and sneer at him saying he must be an evil spirit? because it is not what they would want to hear.

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Jesus Hates Religion!!! Im sure hes does! After all religion has become 'mans' main reason for war! Sorry for the big txt, must have hit the wrong button :)

Trust me, I have indeed read his teachings, this is how i cam to the conclusion he would not have wanted a entire religion in his name that has more splits in it than a Hollywood marriage.. Yet ironically, man went on ahead and build a religion in his name..More followed .. The funny part is, there are people out there who will agree, Jesus would not have wanted a religion in his name ( with splinter groups of Christians who cannot agree ) yet dare you say a word against it? .. If Jesus came down to earth, and he told the Christians that they had it wrong, there was no need for a religion..what's the bet a good few would remind Jesus of the old days, and sneer at him saying he must be an evil spirit? because it is not what they would want to hear.

I will admit that I don't understand the hang-up people have about the word 'religion'. To me, a religion is a belief system, a set of Biblically-based facts about a method for communicating with God. It's the way that denominations and movements have 'added' to the Gospel that bothers me, such as the Southern Baptists' emphasis of evangelism over discipleship, or the charismatics' emphasis on the Holy Spirit. When the method receives more attention than the Savior, that's where I see the error.

What about when Jesus called Peter the Rock and charged him to care for his flock?

• Like 1

What about when Jesus called Peter the Rock and charged him to care for his flock?

That didn't mean go off and start a new religion in his name

That didn't mean go off and start a new religion in his name

What did it mean then? Or when he charged his disciples to spread the gospel?

• Like 1

I will admit that I don't understand the hang-up people have about the word 'religion'. To me, a religion is a belief system, a set of Biblically-based facts about a method for communicating with God. It's the way that denominations and movements have 'added' to the Gospel that bothers me, such as the Southern Baptists' emphasis of evangelism over discipleship, or the charismatics' emphasis on the Holy Spirit. When the method receives more attention than the Savior, that's where I see the error.

People can get hung up on the word - Religion, because of the trouble followers have caused in the name of it.. Even when you look at how much christians themselves cannot agree, that is why Christianity is so split over and over.. Jesus was bound to have known that troubles can come from followers of a certain faith, he himself didn't think much of religious leaders.. It all can and has ( at one time or another ) gotten way out of hand I could never wish to belong to that mess again .. If the entire world was all christians, we would still have the conflicts ( trust me, I am from N.Ireland I know this first hand ) ...so many will disagree and fight over it...

South Park made an episode about atheism doing the same.. If the entire world were atheist, they would have conflicts.. I am pretty sure it would go that way.......... On that note, I think when Jesus said ( Sermon on the Mount ) pray to the father in private, do not stand out in the streets, in temples/ churches to be seen,those that do that are hypocrites, do it in private, and the father will reward you.. I seriously do not believe he wanted a religion in his name.. Go forth and spread the word, means to do just that, not make up a religion

South Park made an episode about atheism doing the same.. If the entire world were atheist, they would have conflicts.. I am pretty sure it would go that way.......... On that note, I think when Jesus said ( Sermon on the Mount ) pray to the father in private, do not stand out in the streets, in temples/ churches to be seen,those that do that are hypocrites, do it in private, and the father will reward you.. I seriously do not believe he wanted a religion in his name.. Go forth and spread the word, means to do just that, not make up a religion

See Matthew 28:19.

What did it mean then? Or when he charged his disciples to spread the gospel?

Spreading the gospel does not mean go and see if you can invent a new religion in my name...There is no reason for someone like him to want that... Anyone can spread a few words about god, but you don't need a religion invented for doing so .. Read the Sermon On The Mount that's another sign ..

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

~ Hebrews 10:24-25

One thing that Organised Religion offers is a place for people to meet up together. If you walk into a random town and you want to follow verse 25 and continue meeting up with other Christians, the easiest way to do this would be to find a church, for whatever else happens you know you will find Christians there. For this reason, I believe that Jesus wanted churches to exist, though I agree the divisions between the groups are regrettable. Especially among protestants though is a growing idea that Christianity is not confined solely to the denomination to which one attends. A Baptist and an Anglican may have several differences in some beliefs but the essential doctrines are the same and therefore both would be considered Christian.

The Anglican Archbishop of Sydney, several years ago in his inaugural speech after being elected, stated that his vision was to see "10% of the population of Sydney in Bible-believing churches". This caused some small controversy because he said "Bible-believing churches" as opposed to "Anglican churches". The Archbishop was acknowledging that Jesus doesn't care about earthly labels, and it is a sentiment I echo.

• Like 1

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

~ Hebrews 10:24-25

The Day must be approaching. You see Christians encourging one another throughout the world through the medium of the internet. It's not by mistake because the Holy Spirit is making Itself felt more and more.

• Like 1

I think it is important to discern religion and faith. Religion is not invention of God, but invention of Lucifer, who wanted to have system of secret beliefs that would be revealed gradually as a person progresses through hierarchy. On other hand Jesus had never reason to hide his message to people. Lucifer wanted to put a mediator between divinity and human, while Jesus wanted to bridge the gap. Religion establish positions of power where those who are more indoctrinated have certain powers over "regular" believers, like confession/penance of sins to clergy. On other hand Jesus established a confession to God or to person who was wronged by your actions as standard.

However, for followers of Jesus it is important to have congregation in order to strenghten the faith. So religion would be a sort of perversion of idea of communion of men and God.

I think it is important to discern religion and faith. Religion is not invention of God, but invention of Lucifer, who wanted to have system of secret beliefs that would be revealed gradually as a person progresses through hierarchy.

So a dead king invented religion?

So a dead king invented religion?

As i said to you before, your closed mindeness and inability to reply on argument with argument but only with attempts to ridicule people who don't think same as you do, refrain me to answer to your provocations.

I seriously wish you best in life, but please don't troll me if you haven't got anything to say.

• Like 1