Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IRAQ... very interesting

Nxt2Hvn

Just in case you might think of Iraq as "only" an oil-rich nation, ruled by an evil dictator for 30 years, whether it has been supporting terrorists or may not be very important, here are a few important facts regarding the important history and roles that this nation has played down through history.

IRAQ -- VERY INTERESTING -- DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. Here's why.

* Eden was in Iraq--Genesis 2:10-14

* Adam &Eve were created in Iraq--Genesis 2:7-8

* Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq--Genesis 3:1-6

* Nimrod established Babylon &Tower of Babel was built in Iraq-- Genesis 10:8-97; 11:1-4

* The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq--Genesis 11:5-11

* Abraham came from a city in Iraq--Genesis 11:31; Acts 7:2-4

* Isaac's bride came from Iraq--Genesis 24:3-4; 10

* Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq--Genesis 27:42-45; 31:38

* The first world Empire was in Iraq--Daniel 1:1-2;2:36-38

* The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq--Jonah 3 * The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq--Esther

* The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq--Nahum

* The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon, which was the old name for the nation of Iraq--Revelation 17 &18

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq. And also...This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace. (Note the verse number...)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• babyforrest

• Fenris

• Nxt2Hvn

• wunarmdscissor

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. FICTION

2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization! MEANINGLESS LABLE

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq. FICTION

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq. SPECULATION

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq! FICTION

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq. FICTION

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq. FICTION

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq. FICTION

9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel. POSSIBLY

10. Amos cried out in Iraq! FICTION

11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem. PROBABLY

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq! FICTION

13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq FICTION

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq. FICTION

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq. SPECULATION

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq. FICTION

17. The wise men were from Iraq. FICTION

18. Peter preached in Iraq. FICTION

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon which was a city in Iraq! FICTION

Just because you apparently believe in the bible, others don't ... Items from that source can't be presented as 'facts'....

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.  FICTION

2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization! MEANINGLESS LABLE

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq. FICTION

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq. SPECULATION

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!  FICTION

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq. FICTION

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq. FICTION

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq. FICTION

9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel. POSSIBLY

10. Amos cried out in Iraq! FICTION

11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem. PROBABLY

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq! FICTION

13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq FICTION

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq........

Just because you apparently believe in the bible, others don't ... Items from that source can't be presented as 'facts'....

Im not the one who usally sides with hvn fenris, but who gave you the right

to decide ones persons beliefs were correct, and were incorrect? The least you could have done was kindly have pmed her that you disagreed with her post, and explain to her Why you did not believe the same as her, is that not much more helpful in solving a difference of opinions than blatant insults of anothers?

S&A's Official &[Flame Of The Day

Edited by Student&Alive

It is your beliefs that the bible is purely FICTION. Your rant was a little uncalled for. What I was origionally going to ask is how does one know where the Garden of Eden was?

You know Nxt2hvn

people like myself who are anti-war and so on and so forth already knew about all that and more.

A river watering the garden flowed from Eden, and from there it divided. It had four headstreams. The name of the first is the Pishon. It winds through the entire land of Havilah,where there is gold. The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates." (Genesis 2:8-14)

The land of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers is today in Iraq

No one really knows for sure... of course... but this is what has been determined through studying the bible..... I think it makes sense.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq. And also...This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Oh my god lol

Here's a little more info on your question Baby...

Answer: In Genesis 2:11-14, the general location of the garden of Eden is revealed. Four rivers are mentioned. The first river is Pison, from the land of Havilah. The location of this land is unknown, but it is located in Genesis 10:7, 25:18 as relating to localities and people within a Mesopotamian-Arabian framework. The second river, Gihon, compassed the whole land of Ethiopia. The third river is Hiddekel, and is toward the east of Assyria, which is a mountainous region lying to the north of Babylonia, extending along the Tigris as far as to the high mountain range of Armenia, the Gordiaean or Carduchian mountains. And the fourth river is Euphrates, which is in the land of Iraq today, and part of Syria and Turkey. So Eden was in the general location of these countries.

In addition, the site of ancient Babylon ("Gate of the God") lies about 50 miles south of Baghdad, in one of the most fertile places on the earth. The land, called by the Babylonians Edin or Edinu (which means "the plain"), is the same as the Eden mentioned in Genesis 2!

I never stated they where 'right or wrong' I stated that they couldn't be proven as fact.... Given she posted an entirely one sided view, I repayed the favour about the work of fiction she was quoting from.... Now *I* am willing to tag my post as mearly my opinion.... is she tongue.gif

I never stated they where 'right or wrong' I stated that they couldn't be proven as fact.... Given she posted an entirely one sided view, I repayed the favour about the work of fiction she was quoting from.... Now *I* am willing to tag my post as mearly my opinion.... is she tongue.gif

Of course I am... I have always posted my beliefs.. just as that.. My beliefs.. and "facts" as what I see.

Fenris ... you as well as everyone else has right to his/her opinions... but I was just sharing my beliefs...

You know there are some out there that agree with me... and that's great... you don't ... that's fine too...

I didn't post this to start a "your beliefs are wrong... mine are right" thread... just thought I would share some information I thougt was interesting.... and just posted it as "something to make you think"...

Take Care

Nxt2Hvn

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

I never stated they where 'right or wrong' I stated that they couldn't be proven as fact

You have to remember that just because something hasn't been proven as fact doesn't make it fiction, either. You have the right to your opinion, as do the rest of us.

that part from the quran is pretty cool, ya ask me.

HVN,

No you posted opinion in the guise of fact... however you have now clarified that point, which is fine original.gif

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace. (Note the verse number...)

*cough* Not true... *cough* HOAX *cough* laugh.gif

Linky Dinky

Thats disturbing.. VERY disturbing.... VERY VERY disturbing..... ... Wow that verse just shocks me... No comment..

a tump isnt a fall Nx2heaven......all make mistakes. wink2.gif

interesting Student&Alive

its ok for someone to put forward one sided opinions with no evidence, but its wrong for someone to dispute them? not very anarchist to me:D

My point wasn't about disputing claims without proof. I think we ALL KNOW BY NOW that there is no solid proof either way. My point was about saying that it was FICTION instead of NOT PROVEN. That is all, just respect one another's opinion and right to believe anything they want. 'kay?

Edited by babyforrest

Take your own advice and don't try and tell me I'm wrong is stating 'my opinion' that its a bunch of fiction' ... KAY!

Phantom could you please clarify if taht is lies.

If it is it should be removed.

Phantom could you please clarify if taht is lies.

If it is it should be removed.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, wun. The bit about the Q'uran 9:11 verse? If so, I added a link to my earlier post which debunks it.

Take your own advice and don't try and tell me I'm wrong is stating 'my opinion' that its a bunch of fiction' ... KAY!

It seems that nothing of any religious content can be said here without nonbelievers jumping all over it to tell believers how wrong they are about religion. Religion can neither be proven nor disproven, so all I ask is that you not go on tangents stating that nxt2hvn's post is pure fiction. If you want to argue about it, then go look up one of the millions of religion argument threads here and read them. I for one, am tired of hearing that my beliefs are all wrong, and not even being able to discuss it with anybody here. There's my 2 cents. It probably won't make a difference, but at least I got to say it. It's been bothering me for a while.

So you consider it OK to push a Pro-Christian veiwpoint but its somehow 'wrong' to post an opposing view.... How very typicaly fundamentalist of you.

So you think that no religious viewpoint can be said here without an argument breaking out?

So you think that no religious viewpoint can be said here without an argument breaking out?

Arguments tend to be the end results of anything religious around here...It always comes down to the "I'm right therefore you must be wrong" mentality, that then devolves into a screaming match about who did what to whom over the past 2 millennia.

It's all very predictable...