Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

cruz chairman of space and science committee

mdenise

He disbelieves the superstition, not the evidence.

Climate change and global warming is more or less is a ecosystemic affect caused by man made technology in certain areas, at certain times; which more or less does have an effect on the global temperature . Which is entirely controllable, and requires very little moderation. Unfortunately Ted Cruz seems to think that all research on the subject is supported because of a bias, which makes sense considering all of his parties research is unsupported because of bias.

Putting data recorded directly from NASA in front of his face, should certainly change things a bit.

At the least the government cares enough to make an issue about it, they could just tell us civilians to **** off and deal with it.

Wait a sec...

Edited by MeOnlyMe

When will he start wailing to defund NASA?

He is the perfect person to head something that deals with unearthly, alien, out-of-this world ideas from outer space. He's perfect.

Not really - he's absolutely the worst possible choice. But then again, the tea party crazies are the worst choice for anything. I'd put the Rent Is Too Damn High! guy in charge of NASA before these goofballs, because at least he has a practical view of things.

• Like 4

When will he start wailing to defund NASA?

Hopefully right away. They need to defund several money wasting programs and try to get things back on track economically. If we ever get out from under this massive debt, then we can waste billions going to places like mars for no real reason what so ever. Though interesting, its kinda pointless. Especially as we sink into the deepest sea of debt this world has ever seen.

• Like 2

Saru needs to add a 'this sucks' button to click on for posts

• Like 4

Well, looks like the teaparty is on its way to achieve what the USSR failed at... way to go!

Yup, a Climate Change Denier Will Oversee NASA. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

http://www.slate.com..._oversight.html

Our current president is not a climate change denier and his first act towards NASA as president was to defund them and send the head of NASA on a goodwill tour through the Islamic Middle East to thank them for their contributions to science hundreds of years ago, so what could go wrong?
  • Like 3

NASA needs its funding put back above any level its ever been at, and Obama's neutering NASA is one of the things that disappointed me the most about him. As a species, we cannot stick our head in the sand and ignore everything outside the Earth (not to mention the climate OF the Earth). We have GOT to go long-game on our species and exploration and the planet's sustainability.

• Like 3

disbelieves the superstition? he is about as superstitious as you can get.

Thats what he disbelieves you see, he has seen two sides of evidence. Both of which have an opinion, he choses the latter and shies away the idea.

Now that he is in charge of the Schutzstaffel, we should see some very dramatic changes in the way we see aliens and global warming.

NASA needs its funding put back above any level its ever been at, and Obama's neutering NASA is one of the things that disappointed me the most about him. As a species, we cannot stick our head in the sand and ignore everything outside the Earth (not to mention the climate OF the Earth). We have GOT to go long-game on our species and exploration and the planet's sustainability.

Why? They can measure "climate change" without spending billions and billions going to other planets. We are in big trouble financially. In fact, if the next president doesn't get that, we're screwed. It Maybe to late to turn the ship around as it is. Why do we have to explore space, right now of all times?

• Like 1

you mean we shouldn't explore space unless we think we're going to die?

What does our death have to do with exploring space?

What im saying is, what good is exploring space, if its only gonna make the serious problem we face right now, worse?

Edited by preacherman76

nasa's budget is less than 1% of the total budget.

"The money NASA uses creates jobs, providing an opportunity for some of the world’s brightest minds to use their talents to, yes, actually benefit humanity. NASA’s exploration spurs inventions that we use everyday, many which save lives and improve the quality of life."

http://www.universetoday.com/31470/8-ridiculous-things-bigger-than-nasas-budget/

• Like 3

"The money NASA uses creates jobs, providing an opportunity for some of the world’s brightest minds to use their talents to, yes, actually benefit humanity. NASA’s exploration spurs inventions that we use everyday, many which save lives and improve the quality of life."

http://www.universet...n-nasas-budget/

Yes but they are scientists, and evil scientists believe in unchristian things... like evolution and the big bang! :innocent:

• Like 2

Yes but they are scientists, and evil scientists believe in unchristian things... like evolution and the big bang! :innocent:

The anecdotal little food fights these kinds of comments start don't impress me.

Give me a sample size of scientists and their beliefs large enough to be statistically significant (i.e. normal) and there might be some good guidance there for what we should all believe in.

And if you want to find out what Christians really think, it's just like Ice Cube said, go to church. You'd be very surprised to the upside if you could only allow it.

• Like 3

It's kind of sad that we went from Reagan's "Star Wars Defense Program" to "Let's hitch hike with the Russians" in regards to space. Further proof of America losing it's "Greatness", I suppose.

Even the North Koreans have a space program:

http://www.valuewalk...-space-program/

yeh, but scientists believe in the unchristian things like....

Edited by questionmark

The anecdotal little food fights these kinds of comments start don't impress me.

Give me a sample size of scientists and their beliefs large enough to be statistically significant (i.e. normal) and there might be some good guidance there for what we should all believe in.

And if you want to find out what Christians really think, it's just like Ice Cube said, go to church. You'd be very surprised to the upside if you could only allow it.

I don't have to go to church nor do I need to be preached at to know what bible thumpers think, I prefer to use their actions as my guidance.

http://www.universet...n-nasas-budget/

Oh no doubt. Id definitely target military first. And places like Planned parenthood who receive tax payer money only to turn around an donate it to democrats. That's an outright scam. Im just saying there is waste spending at NASA right now, and we should be saving literally every penny we could get.

• 2 weeks later...

'Congressional Climate Denier Subpoenas NOAA, Some Call it 'Serious Misuse of Congressional Powers'

http://democrats.sci...AA Subpoena.pdf

So the letter is a long winded complaint that the oversight committee wants access to certain NOAA emails and insinuates it it is in order to undermine science.