Photo

My -isms

Posted by Miss Shadows , 13 May 2012 · 623 views

I think I'm going to start keeping a running list of all the annoying, dorky, weird junk I do. Any prospective husbands better read this beforehand :unsure2:

I am first and foremost the biggest ditz you've ever seen, trust me. I am the queen of name-forgetting, the master of falling asleep with the lights on, and I lose my sunglasses ontop of my own head more often than politicians lie. I Love kids, but I hope to God I never have any, because I'll set one down for 5 seconds, and I won't find it again for 2 days. Keys, books, glasses, wallet, who's to say it couldn't happen to some poor child?

My brother just recently told me that no sane husband will let me name our children. Nirvana might be's a little out there, I get that, but Isis is a beautiful name, and Jude I adore. Boy names I'm a little more conservative on, but long long from now, in a galaxy far away, if I adopt kids or somehow have my own, they will not be "Child A and Child B" or "Dinner and dessert", or "dumb and dumber".

I'm one of those "couch-to-bed" procrastinators. I read on the couch until my eyes start getting heavy. My eyes start getting heavy and I close them. I know I should get up and go to bed, but I'll wait just 5 minutes. 5 minutes later I will myself to get up, and before I know it it's 4 AM, and I have to get ready for work, and I've spent the night bumming it on the couch. :sleepy:

I actually have never divulged this a whole lot before, but I cry so easily sometimes. As soon as one of those animal abuse commercials come on by The Humane Society, I get a running start for the remote and change the channel like my life depends on it, because I'm just one of those whimps who has yet to be unphased by sad animals.

Laughing is like LSD for me, minus the hallucinations. Thankfully it works, because (so I'm told) my laugh is cute and contagious, but I mean it's the best medicine alongside Love. You're never too old, or too anything to do those things, and you can hardly go wrong when you do. Make me laugh, me Love you long time. :rofl:

Well, today I woke up from a little snooze to hear the cat meowing outside my window. I was exhausted, and I was even more brainless than usual, so I got up and went to the front door and looked out the screen, and I saw he was playing with something, and I kind of freaked out because I wasn't sure if it was anything poisonous, so I opened the front door, but as soon as I stepped outside the darn cat took off running a few feet, down to the sidewalk, and long story short I ended up chasing him for about 30 seconds before he dropped this gross lizard that ran right between my feet and away. By that time I was just some lunatic in her boxers and tanktop, dancing around and saying "Ew ew ew", and swearing at the cat in every foreign language my sleepy little mind could summon at the time.

You sound interesting and very normal....and you love animals LOL.  I also forget names.  One day I forgot the name of my sister, and we are close ;-).

peace
mark
Yeah, Jude is good, but why not think about Anthony? He's the Patron Saint of lost things and missing persons. (Could come in handy!)

BTW, I was 10 before I realised I wasn't a Cambodian called K'mer U! (Think about it!)

Posted Image

Old Man Waffles
May 14 2012 10:55 AM
oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll no. definitely not nirvana. that's like a crime against humanity. ;) Jude is nice. x
Very funny read. Thumbs up!

Biff Wellington
May 14 2012 07:58 PM
You those are weird names? I named my daughter Midnight & my ex-wife let me. HA! This best part is that she was born at 1pm (eastern time). Sarah Mclaughlin makes me want to kick a dog that's already hard on it's  luck. I like dogs (& other animals). It's not the dogs fault. It's Sarah  Mclaughlin's fault. I don't like her face. Why dose it look like that!? It looks like one thuose creepy mannequin faces you see inside the mall. & I hate the mall too! LSD was nice back in the days though (with the hallucinations). But I don't partake anymore. I'm a good boy. Whoops! I kinda went on a rant there. Thanks for the read, you were adorkable.

Miss Shadows
May 16 2012 07:22 AM
Anthony? I'm not sure I'd ever go with that (though a point well taken, next time I try calling my lost cell phone...with my cell phone). Atoine I could possibly foresee, and maybe even Antoni or Antonia for a femme, but I'm not so sure on the Anthony. If it's a boy, I really like the name Julien, or maybe Judas, and I actually think one of those double names, the kinds you hyphenate, can work really well too. I have a sort of unusual name, not that I don't like it, but I Loved it when my family put my first and middle together; the only problem is that I was only ever "Merilyn Rachel" when I was in trouble, so now when I hear it I have this instinct to duck a frying pan, or point a finger at my nearest cousin.

Crap, I should've gotten into Taxonomy, not Pathology/Nosology...

Miss Shadows
May 16 2012 07:33 AM

Dosojin Midnight, on 14 May 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

You those are weird names? I named my daughter Midnight & my ex-wife let me. HA! This best part is that she was born at 1pm (eastern time). Sarah Mclaughlin makes me want to kick a dog that's already hard on it's  luck. I like dogs (& other animals). It's not the dogs fault. It's Sarah  Mclaughlin's fault. I don't like her face. Why dose it look like that!? It looks like one thuose creepy mannequin faces you see inside the mall. & I hate the mall too! LSD was nice back in the days though (with the hallucinations). But I don't partake anymore. I'm a good boy. Whoops! I kinda went on a rant there. Thanks for the read, you were adorkable.

Midnight's not too weird, I know I've heard definite worse's at least, and thanks, maybe I'm more adorkable than I am "adorable".

And PS Ealdwita, I get it :P My friend has a cat who is just the evil of all evils, and he (the cat) now responds to my use of a less than savory Italian word, as if it's his second name. A few months back I was in my friend's kitchen when I dropped something, and I shouted Merda before I bent down to clean up the shards, and sure enough I felt something furry and warm brushing against the backs of my calves in no time...

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    PluvioPhilo
    02 Apr 2014 - 10:29
  • Photo
    Marcus Aurelius
    27 Mar 2014 - 02:43
  • Photo