Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog owners could be forced to tie up pets

Still Waters

Dog owners might have to tie up their pets to stop them attacking burglars, police have warned – amid growing controversy over a clampdown on dangerous animals.

The Association of Chief Police Officers say planned amendments to the Dangerous Dogs Act could leave householders 'liable to prosecution' if their dog bites a burglar while they are out.

Ministers want to close a loophole in the law that makes it difficult to prosecute dog attacks that take place on private property.

http://www.dailymail...te-burglar.html

• Like 1

They should really ban locked doors and windows.

It's very possible a thief could hurt himself by kicking in a door, or get cut on that glass.

In fact, if Britons would just leave all their valuables in the yard, I think we could all sleep better at night.

Wow, just wow. Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, when his secretary says something about her friend being sued because a theif got hurt breaking in, and he says he would have gotten him $10k or whatever lol.

Don't you think a thief gives up his right to be safe when he decides to start stealing? Some lawmakers should really be kicked in the head, might actually knock some sense into them.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 3

That is stupid, don't Brits have any rights to protect themselves at all? Stop coddling the criminals they cause their own problems.

• Like 4

Wow, just wow. Reminds me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, when his secretary says something about her friend being sued because a theif got hurt breaking in, and he says he would have gotten him $10k or whatever lol.

Don't you think a thief gives up his right to be safe when he decides to start stealing? Some lawmakers should really be kicked in the head, might actually knock some sense into them.

That is why I am so happy that my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck you shouldn't of been trespassing.
  • Like 2

That is stupid, don't Brits have any rights to protect themselves at all? Stop coddling the criminals they cause their own problems.

This is the kind of garbage we're trying to avoid in the USA, people argue with us about giving up our guns, not realizing it's only a stepping stone to this kind of crap.

• Like 6

That is why I am so happy that my state passed a law that says if you get hurt while trespassing, tough luck you shouldn't of been trespassing.

Exactly how it should be.

• Like 2

This is the kind of garbage we're trying to avoid in the USA, people argue with us about giving up our guns, not realizing it's only a stepping stone to this kind of crap.

I've tried to tell so many people you give them an inch and they will take a yard.

Exactly how it should be.

Its stood up in court too.
  • Like 1

I've tried to tell so many people you give them an inch and they will take a yard.

Maybe we can all come in here and tell them that tying up all their pets is the best thing for them. I mean, you can't have a dog wandering around your own property! It's too dangerous! This dog culture and the dog-nuts over there are out of control.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Protect the burglars.... Sounds about right. Love the order our governments priorities are in....

Once someone breaks and enters a property their human rights should be gone. If you made that law, then it would stop people from breaking and entering. Instead we are treating Burglary as a ****ing occupation.

As Ealdwita said in another thread, it's unlikely a Burglar has told anyone where he is going, enter my property and you will most likely disappear. (I have a messy house, easy to get lost... cough)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

Well, if somebody breaks in, we have the right to use "reasonable force". To put it simply: force that can be reasonably justified in court.

What that force is depends on the circumstances.

For example: Lets say somebody has entered your yard with the intent of robbing you. You decide to go outside and knock that person out. You are likely to get in trouble.

This is because the law wouldn't see their presence in your garden to be enough of a situation to justify that action.

The way I see it: Enter somebodies property with the intent to steal or harm, means that you should face the consequences! You made the decision!

Why not just go rob the houses of those morons voting for this crap?

for *** sake :td:

Laws like this make me want to go on a mass shooting

and yes i did just say that!

You can't even leave a dog in your house? :unsure2:

• Like 1

I showed the OP to my dogs half an hour ago. I do hope they stop laughing soon - it's nearly time for bed!

• Like 3

My dogs are always loose in my house when I leave it. The idea that a criminal who breaks into my home has the right to complain when he's bitten is utterly idiotic.

• Like 5

absurd. burglars own faults if they get bitten

• Like 1

Although I have respect for the police there is an awful lot of nutters and extremists in the force. They come out with these ridiculous extreme scenario's. The amendment is not designed to protect burglars it is to give police powers to remove dangerous animals that are protected by this loophole in the law of them being on the owners property.

These same police on the other hand are quiet happy to use small drones to peak through windows, have number plate recognition to track ever drivers movement and have CCTV everywhere to track our movements.

Our they telling us there is no way a law could be past that could differentiate between a dog attacking an uninvited burglar or attacker and somebody invited on to a property?

Edited by skookum

Why not just go rob the houses of those morons voting for this crap?

That lot don't live on the estates, they're in nice gated properties...and those at the top have constant police protection.Over and over we see 'Call 911' and cops seem to appear in the States.Over here you're lucky if they even turn up.But if you try to protect yourself you're 'Taking the law into your own hands'....You can't win.

And that term...you can use 'reasonable' force is a stupid expression.What sounds unreasonable in daylight in a court of law surrounded by cops doesn't reflect what it's like to hear someone forcing your front door in the dead of night when you're home alone.

• Like 2

If a burglar came into my house he wouldnt get out alive,my Mrs would talk him to death.....Seriously, I would be up before the Judge for Grevious Bodily Harm to another person.

• Like 3

If a burglar came into my house he wouldnt get out alive,my Mrs would talk him to death.....Seriously, I would be up before the Judge for Grevious Bodily Harm to another person.

If Grevious Ear'ole Harm was a criminal offence, Mrs.E (and I suspect, quite a few other 'loving spouses') would be mopping floors in Holloway on a regular basis!

Hmmm. I've just begun to wonder in the interests of safety, whether it's Mrs.E that ought to be tied up, and not the dogs!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

I am reminded of a case that happened here in the States, about 10 years ago or so... A burglar broke into a house about 2 in the morning, carrying a cheap pistol... The owner of the house woke up and and confronted the burglar... In the scuffle the pistol went off and wounded the burglar... The burglar sued the home owner - for putting up a fight that resulted in a firearm wounding, and then sued the manufacturer of the cheaply made pistol because it went off in the struggle... He won both cases...

Hmmm.... The proposed law (or whatever) specifically states "Dogs" right?...

Rex001.jpg

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1