Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#4996    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

No, I don't think anyone here refuses to learn, but some refuse to admit they do.

I admit I do, and you admit you do, and many admit they do, And in fact, all of us learn here.

We learn from each other. That is why we are the present dominant species on this rock

And you know what? I never expect thanks for what I post. No one should.

But thanks anyway .

:D

Now that is well put, and the eloquence I speak of :D

I know you do not expect thanks, that makes your contributions all the more valuable.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4997    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

None of us know if aliens have visited earth, and none of us know if they haven't, but we can have FUN bouncing theories and speculations around, even if we don't know one way or the other..:)

#4998    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostCrikey, on 16 January 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

None of us know if aliens have visited earth, and none of us know if they haven't, but we can have FUN bouncing theories and speculations around, even if we don't know one way or the other.. :)

I love how they desperately tried to make Jonathan Frakes (Riker) not look so tall (he towered over most of the other cast), he was always sitting, or in the background of the shot or leaning forward over a sitting person's shoulder.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4999    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 17 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

To me, I think were this ancient alien theory falls on it's face is the nature of such interventions. For example, why would they, by levitation presumably, help built pyramids, Stonehenge etc, and not give more important help like medical knowledge, or knowledge to better grow crops a long time before we worked out efficient crop rotation and irrigation. In these matters there is not a sudden advance, but a very long evolutionary process. If ancient aliens wanted to help us, then why not with matters that really help, and not just religious or even vanity projects.
lol, sounds just like todays politicians.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5000    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

We would be living in Floating Cities in the Clouds If E.T. had been around thousands of years ago to help us out !
Either that or were really not to smart to remember all they taught us ? :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#5001    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

tentutankh-pasheri, on 17 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

To me, I think were this ancient alien theory falls on it's face is the nature of such interventions. For example, why would they, by levitation presumably, help built pyramids, Stonehenge etc, and not give more important help like medical knowledge, or knowledge to better grow crops a long time before we worked out efficient crop rotation and irrigation. In these matters there is not a sudden advance, but a very long evolutionary process. If ancient aliens wanted to help us, then why not with matters that really help, and not just religious or even vanity projects.

Precisely. Well said.

Nothing was gained from the alleged ET's except bricks - well fitted, and walls and temples..

useless bl00dy aliens!!

Edited by seeder, 16 January 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5002    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I feel that way too Alpha.  We don't have to see the wind to know it exists.  It's almost silly to me to think they didn't play a big part in our development  and maybe there were many different species involved.  I think they came about 10,000 years B.C. and introduced a new gene into human biology. The gene that gave us blue eyes mysteriously came about around that time.  Maybe all blue eyed people have alien genes....

Edited by sslama, 16 January 2013 - 04:05 AM.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#5003    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostCrikey, on 16 January 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

None of us know if aliens have visited earth, and none of us know if they haven't, but we can have FUN bouncing theories and speculations around, even if we don't know one way or the other.. :)

Personally, I think it would not hurt to have a reason to believe Aliens had been here before. To simply belittle mans achievements and make up some Gods from the sky is pretty childish IMHO.

There are not theories and speculations, Thats is the problem with AA., There is extreme ignorance, insulting our ancestors, misconceptions and outright lies.

LINK - AA Debunked.

This is a wide and varied phenomena with many facets. AA is the bottom of the barrel. Far more compelling cases exist.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5004    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

View Postseeder, on 15 January 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

well said Psyche,  as usual. :tu:

Cheers mate. Hard not to get frustrated at seeing the same question being asked again and again. Dead set, these guys laid the principals out so a primary school child could understand it. As Abe said, we all learn, some just pretend not to, and I believe he is right. Nobody could be a stupid as the repeated questions make out, could they?  It just has to be deliberate.

#5005    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

View Postsslama, on 16 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

I feel that way too Alpha.  We don't have to see the wind to know it exists.  It's almost silly to me to think they didn't play a big part in our development  and maybe there were many different species involved.  I think they came about 10,000 years B.C. and introduced a new gene into human biology. The gene that gave us blue eyes mysteriously came about around that time.  Maybe all blue eyed people have alien genes....

nope. Im brown eyed, my mum is blue eyed, my sisters are grey/green eyed.. and whenever man finds a new species, we certainly never want to mix our genes with it do we?  So you think aliens have too much sex drive that they mated with...ancient monkey men?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5006    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postsslama, on 16 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

You cannot se clouds move, you have never seen a dust storm, a whirly devil? Never felt the wind on your face, smelt the salt in the breeze? Never known the smell of rain?

Aere you a fish or something?

Blue eyes did develop between 6 & 10 thousand years ago. That is true, but why is not a mystery.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue. If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

LINK

Edited by psyche101, 16 January 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#5007    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

You cannot se clouds move, you have never seen a dust storm, a whirly devil? Never felt the wind on your face, smelt the salt in the breeze? Never known the smell of rain?

Aere you a fish or something?

Blue eyes did develop between 6 & 10 thousand years ago. That is true, but why is not a mystery.

LINK

Add these too psyche101:

http://medicine.yale...idd/www/511.pdf

http://www.springerl...4/fulltext.html

And the timeframe doesn't appear to match either. Studies suggesting it originated near the Black Sea c. 8000 - 4000 BP (6000 - 2000 BC)

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#5008    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 16 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Add these too psyche101:

http://medicine.yale...idd/www/511.pdf

http://www.springerl...4/fulltext.html

And the timeframe doesn't appear to match either. Studies suggesting it originated near the Black Sea c. 8000 - 4000 BP (6000 - 2000 BC)

cormac

Cheers! Good links indeed! This one pales by comparison, but just for good measure:

One Common Ancestor Behind Blue Eyes

Now I hope the door does not hit ET on the butt on his way out.

#5009    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Wow. only at UM would you find a genetic discussion about the origin of blue eyes in a thread devoted to alien intervention in ancient civilizations. I honestly admit that I'm surprised on a fairly regular basis on the sheer variety of topics that seem to intermingle around here. ^_^

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5010    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

besides, we all know blue eyes are a sign of White Walkers...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.