Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Good reads?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Reality is not real. The only thing known is your existence in that nothing is ever truly known. -korey

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I am having trouble finding some good books to read. I have read a few from the local library..

Life After Death: The Evidence by D'souza
The Awakening Course: The Secret To Solving All Problems by Vitale
Life After Death: The Burden Of Proof by Chopra

I did not really relate to D'Souza as he focuses more on christianity views, though I appreciate the diverse perspectives. Joe Vitale  is a scam artist and the book was a complete joke. And I loved the burden of proof. He cleared up a lot of ideas that I had come up with but was unsure about and even brought new ideas into perspective.

I am trying to get some referrals to more books such as that one. Something rich in cultural beliefs, practices, and philosophy.

Thanks! :)

#2    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

One of my favorites is "Fool's Crow: Power and Wisdom", by Thomas Mails. Fool's Crow was a Sioux holy man, considered "untouchable", meaning he was impeccable. Mails himself is a Lutheran minister, I think. I think Mails also wrote a couple of books about Hopi prophecy, which are also very good.

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 06 January 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

I am having trouble finding some good books to read. I have read a few from the local library..

Life After Death: The Evidence by D'souza
The Awakening Course: The Secret To Solving All Problems by Vitale
Life After Death: The Burden Of Proof by Chopra

I did not really relate to D'Souza as he focuses more on christianity views, though I appreciate the diverse perspectives. Joe Vitale  is a scam artist and the book was a complete joke. And I loved the burden of proof. He cleared up a lot of ideas that I had come up with but was unsure about and even brought new ideas into perspective.

I am trying to get some referrals to more books such as that one. Something rich in cultural beliefs, practices, and philosophy.

Thanks! :)
http://www.victorzammit.com/ this site may help you.

peace
mark

#4    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 06 January 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

http://www.victorzammit.com/ this site may help you.

peace
mark

That site advocates various psychics and mediums as genuine visionaries of the afterlife. I thought you were a Christian?

Not to mention a few of them are televised as well...

Edited by Sean93, 06 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#5    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

If you're interested in looking at the different world views and beliefs, I'd highly recommend "A Spectator's Guide to World Religions" by John Dickson.  It outlines the five major world religions (Chrisitanity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism) and discusses their history, origins, beliefs and practices, as well as pointers for further research if you're interested.  It's definitely one to look out for.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#6    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Reality is not real. The only thing known is your existence in that nothing is ever truly known. -korey

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Sounds good. Fools Crow does look interesting... Also I did study the major religions in school which was very interesting and teaches a lot about respect. I think I could enjoy that one... Thanks everyone! keep them coming...

#7    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,728 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Psychology and Alchemy by Carl Jung... im sort of reading it now, its dense and im reading it really slow but I find it fascinating so far

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#8    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 07 January 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Psychology and Alchemy by Carl Jung... im sort of reading it now, its dense and im reading it really slow but I find it fascinating so far

What is it about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users