Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

60,000 patients put on death pathway. (NHS)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

it said no food or liquids and the doctor signed it. There was more to it, but I'm sure they bring on dehydration as well. She was begging for a drink and the Nurse told my housemate not to give her one when she tried.

If they gave her diamorphine then they never told the family. They certainly never told the family she was dying or going to die or what they where doing.

It wouldnt be listed as cause of death but pain relief from her autopsy.

Death in these cases usually happens when no family members are there. Its so they dont see what really happens.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

It wouldnt be listed as cause of death but pain relief from her autopsy.

Death in these cases usually happens when no family members are there. Its so they dont see what really happens.

They did try to get the family out the room a few times to be honest. When she was dying they tried to get them out but they stayed.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,386 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized?  Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!
Has your roommate talked to an attorney?    If anything can be done, there's no better time than now to do it.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostYamato, on 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Has your roommate talked to an attorney? If anything can be done, there's no better time than now to do it.

Not sure on what is happening just now with it. It's her mother and Auntie dealing with it, so I'm hearing through her at the moment.

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

That's what you would expect but this goes pretty high up according to the articles I've read. Seems to be some loophole they have.

Sounds to me like they could well have found a loophole.. Because a lawyer would love nothing more than to take on the case ( all about the money ) but if the lawyer see's he or she cant get far, they drop it like a hot potato ....

Haha, a friend of mine is a nurse so I understand the pressure she goes through and how hard it is, but the NHS really does annoy me.          

I was just posting a little light humour about the NHS  lol..  They can be annoying, but it's what our national insurance pays for every month

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

View Postand then, on 21 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Here in the US we have people who die because they have no insurance.  They can go to an emergency room to be stabilized but they cannot get long term treatment without jumping through much bureaucracy and many just give up.  I don't agree with the system president Obama has put in place but I do think that change has to come in healthcare here.  I just hope we don't trade one problem for another.

Trust me on this,we have this exact same thing in the USA,but its completely under wraps . They purposely put the elderly on drugs with side affects that are deadly .They never put anyone below 50 ,on these very same drugs .
It's this,well they will die soon anyway ,attitude ,so out them on drugs that should be banned ,make money on the patents,and get rid of some old people while we are at it .
This is exactly what was done to my mother .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 21 January 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Miss me?

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,386 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Not sure on what is happening just now with it. It's her mother and Auntie dealing with it, so I'm hearing through her at the moment.
Some medical procedures require us not to take food or drink before/during their administration and I wondered if those doctor's orders are deliberately bringing about death, or just standard procedure coexistent with some other treatment or waiting period between treatments?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#23    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Sorry for the light humor, Coffey it is a tragic loss and wish nothing but support for you and the people effected by this.

But...

This sounds like a case for....

ERIN BROCKOVICH

On a more serious note-
I tend to ponder to myself with all the success and fame she has had since screwing with the powers to be over under the rug issues if she really does anything close to what she is known for now. Granted she still may help people win law cases and what have you but I would really like to know if she is one the few that would fight to the bloody end if need be for people in Coffey's friends situation and the millions of others.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#24    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,544 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm so looking forward to having the same kind of health care in the US.

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postchopmo, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Sorry for the light humor, Coffey it is a tragic loss and wish nothing but support for you and the people effected by this.

But...

This sounds like a case for....

ERIN BROCKOVICH

On a more serious note-
I tend to ponder to myself with all the success and fame she has had since screwing with the powers to be over under the rug issues if she really does anything close to what she is known for now. Granted she still may help people win law cases and what have you but I would really like to know if she is one the few that would fight to the bloody end if need be for people in Coffey's friends situation and the millions of others.

Not sure if she would do something for the UK. lol

View PostYamato, on 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Some medical procedures require us not to take food or drink before/during their administration and I wondered if those doctor's orders are deliberately bringing about death, or just standard procedure coexistent with some other treatment or waiting period between treatments?

I know what you, like when you get an operation you aren't allowed to eat or drink before it.

It seems like it's being used as a loop hole though. The article actually shows it's a used system though. So it's scary to think how much thye do it and people don't know. It;'s always worth checking over the medical report and notes if possible when someone dies.

View PostMichelle, on 22 January 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Well from what I've been told this already happens in the US as well.

It's not a bad system in one way, it's more the corruption at the top that causes this kind of thing.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Sounds to me like they could well have found a loophole.. Because a lawyer would love nothing more than to take on the case ( all about the money ) but if the lawyer see's he or she cant get far, they drop it like a hot potato ....

Yeah, I'm guessing what Yamato is saying is the loophole. It's sad that msot people care more about money these days though.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was just posting a little light humour about the NHS  lol..  They can be annoying, but it's what our national insurance pays for every month

I know. lol Well that's why you'd expect better standards really, but officially higher up people see their salary being affected and go for cuts at the lower end to secure it. I'm guessing that's how it works.

Edited by Coffey, 22 January 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#26    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

http://www.dailymail...-fantastic.html

I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".

I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized?  Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!

You know the scariest thing? This EXACT, and I mean, EXACT situation happened with my Grandfather, only in North Dakota USA. My Grandpa was having severe abdominal pain for a year. Each day it was increasing. His doctors in Bismark decided that it was a tumor. They flew him to Mayo clinic (Supposed to be a very "Top Notch" medical location with some of the BEST Doctors and staff) however, Mayo clinic simply listened to the instructions of the doctors in North Dakota. They began Chemo as well, and the exact same thing happened. My Grandpa died of his intestines becoming very full and rotten. Surgery would have saved his life as well, however, the Doctor signed the same papers and he was put on hospice and died agonizing in pain. He, too would request water in between his cries from the pain, and the nurses WOULD NOT ALLOW IT!

Again, he could have, and SHOULD HAVE been saved....

#27    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

You know the scariest thing? This EXACT, and I mean, EXACT situation happened with my Grandfather, only in North Dakota USA. My Grandpa was having severe abdominal pain for a year. Each day it was increasing. His doctors in Bismark decided that it was a tumor. They flew him to Mayo clinic (Supposed to be a very "Top Notch" medical location with some of the BEST Doctors and staff) however, Mayo clinic simply listened to the instructions of the doctors in North Dakota. They began Chemo as well, and the exact same thing happened. My Grandpa died of his intestines becoming very full and rotten. Surgery would have saved his life as well, however, the Doctor signed the same papers and he was put on hospice and died agonizing in pain. He, too would request water in between his cries from the pain, and the nurses WOULD NOT ALLOW IT!

Again, he could have, and SHOULD HAVE been saved....

Just horrible, sorry you had to go through it.

Really weird it was identical situation across the water.

#28    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

welcome to Obamacare.
This is exactly what we are going to see in America, people who used to have good insurance because they got educated and got jobs and contributed to society are being drug down just to try and lift up those who made poor choices with their life.
Darwinism has its place and Obama is doing everything possible to ensure his voting base is placated with freebies and welfare.
You get what you pay for.

View PostMichelle, on 22 January 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Why do you Americans always think this is the version of the social system you'll end up with?
What about all the other social health care systems in France, Germany, Belgium, and o so many more ?
Maybe a whole different kind will emerge in America since they can learn from others their mistakes.

Edited by Render, 22 January 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#29    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostCoffey, on 22 January 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Not sure if she would do something for the UK. lol

The only reason she was in my vocabulary is that she has some big shot partnership in Australia with Shine Lawyers and they pump they absolute bejeebus out of the ads, send her an letter/email/communication stating "Oi! go on get on with it!"

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postchopmo, on 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

The only reason she was in my vocabulary is that she has some big shot partnership in Australia with Shine Lawyers and they pump they absolute bejeebus out of the ads, send her an letter/email/communication stating "Oi! go on get on with it!"

Yeah I will recommend it thanks. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users