Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

60,000 patients put on death pathway. (NHS)

Coffey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255054/60-000-patients-death-pathway-told-minister-says-controversial-end-life-plan-fantastic.html

I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".

I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized? Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!

• Like 7

That's awful. It sounds like a situation where there are too many patients in a system being cared for by too few workers/caregivers. Are their shortages of healthcare workers?

• Like 1

That's awful. It sounds like a situation where there are too many patients in a system being cared for by too few workers/caregivers. Are their shortages of healthcare workers?

Yeah there is shortages in workers and jobs. Also hospital beds etc.

It's a mess to be honest.

the pathway is not new its been used for years, and a lot longer in hospices. what should happen is the Doctors should explain to the family that they think the patient should be put on the pathway. it is then up to the family to decide Yes or No. my auntie died last year from cancer and was put on the pathway. but her illness was terminal and nothing more could be done, even after a course of Chemotherapy. i'd say the pathway eased her suffering. she never lingered on for weeks which is what would have happened.

Coffeys' experience above is a total disaster from start to finish, from false diagnosis, to the treatment offered. the family should put in a complaint. to late for the patient i know but if whats stated happened then there's questions which need answering. -

• Like 2

Yeah there is shortages in workers and jobs. Also hospital beds etc.

It's a mess to be honest.

Here in the US we have people who die because they have no insurance. They can go to an emergency room to be stabilized but they cannot get long term treatment without jumping through much bureaucracy and many just give up. I don't agree with the system president Obama has put in place but I do think that change has to come in healthcare here. I just hope we don't trade one problem for another. Edited by and then
  • Like 1

the pathway is not new its been used for years, and a lot longer in hospices. what should happen is the Doctors should explain to the family that they think the patient should be put on the pathway. it is then up to the family to decide Yes or No. my auntie died last year from cancer and was put on the pathway. but her illness was terminal and nothing more could be done, even after a course of Chemotherapy. i'd say the pathway eased her suffering. she never lingered on for weeks which is what would have happened.

Coffeys' experience above is a total disaster from start to finish, from false diagnosis, to the treatment offered. the family should put in a complaint. to late for the patient i know but if whats stated happened then there's questions which need answering. -

The put in a complaint and they rejected it. The Lawyer said there was nothing more that could be done. :td:

Edited by Coffey

http://www.dailymail...-fantastic.html

I posted this because I have witnessed it. My housemates Grandmother was falsely diagnosed with cancer. (Mistakes do happen) She was given chemo for the alleged cancer. She became very ill and was rushed into hospital. She didn't make it through the night. My housemate told me she kept asking for water and the nurses said she wasn't allowed it. Move forward a few months and the Post Morten revealed that she did not have cancer, she had a rotten small intestine which had become stuck. Which was causing the pain in her abdomen. Which they thought was the "tumor". The chemo had caused this. An operation would have saved her life..... So why did she die? We tried to figure that out and we came across a form stating that she was not to have food or drink. The doctor had signed this and it was because they put her on the "death pathway".

I thought the NHS was supposed to save lives, this is murder. They say we can't be euthanized in the UK, yet they will starve and dehydrate you to death. Isn't that being euthanized? Which means it's illegal and it slow and with a lot of suffering! So why are they getting a way with this?!

How does someone starve or dehydrate to death in one night (29 hours in article)?

What happened (I suspect) is she was in agony at hospital and with them believing she had terminal cancer they put her down. In UK legal jargon thats not called euthanizia because thats illegal. Its called giving someone a massive dose of diamorphine (heroin) to ease their pain and distress. Death quickly follows by heart attack.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

How does someone starve or dehydrate to death in one night (29 hours in article)?

What happened (I suspect) is she was in agony at hospital and with them believing she had terminal cancer they put her down. In UK legal jargon thats not called euthanizia because thats illegal. Its called giving someone a massive dose of diamorphine (heroin) to ease their pain and distress. Death quickly follows by heart attack.

it said no food or liquids and the doctor signed it. There was more to it, but I'm sure they bring on dehydration as well. She was begging for a drink and the Nurse told my housemate not to give her one when she tried.

If they gave her diamorphine then they never told the family. They certainly never told the family she was dying or going to die or what they where doing.

welcome to Obamacare.

This is exactly what we are going to see in America, people who used to have good insurance because they got educated and got jobs and contributed to society are being drug down just to try and lift up those who made poor choices with their life.

Darwinism has its place and Obama is doing everything possible to ensure his voting base is placated with freebies and welfare.

You get what you pay for.

Edited by Capt Amerika

If the patients and their families gave consent, then at least as the patients are dying anyway, they can go out with dignity.. BUT as they are not told nor are their families made aware of what these doctors are doing ( Withdrawing meds ) then it does seem rather cruel...

That sounds so cruel to do that to anyone.. They made the mistake in the first place that lead to her death in the end.. Did anyone ( family members ) do anything about this ?

• Like 1

I would call this the downside of a NHS. To keep costs down corners are cut. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. Health Care should be equal for everyone. It shouldnt just be the ultra rich that get the best healthcare.

I dont know how things work but in America that would be a lawsuit.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

I would call this the downside of a NHS. To keep costs down corners are cut. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. Health Care should be equal for everyone. It shouldnt just be the ultra rich that get the best healthcare.

That's what I was thinking about..Surely if no one was consented ( including family members of the dying ) then there would be lawsuits to follow? Or is there some legal loophole they have found to block this?

I don't think much of the NHS........ I had my last two children with the NHS, and BOTH times they put me on a 9 month waiting list lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

That sounds so cruel to do that to anyone.. They made the mistake in the first place that lead to her death in the end.. Did anyone ( family members ) do anything about this ?

Yeah, they got a lawyer who started an investigation which led to them seeing the signed file that said to go a head with this etc. But then the lawyer said the lawsuit against them was rejected.. He told them he wouldn't do anything further. They have also tried contacting MP's etc to get support. Not much has been done by anyone they contacted. They are still trying, but it seems like it's being blocked by people.

If the patients and their families gave consent, then at least as the patients are dying anyway, they can go out with dignity.. BUT as they are not told nor are their families made aware of what these doctors are doing ( Withdrawing meds ) then it does seem rather cruel...

I understand that side, but that also makes you question why we don't have euthanasia in the UK, cause that will cause the person to suffer less and is the same thing really.

But no consent was given in this case and many others.

Yeah, they got a lawyer who started an investigation which led to them seeing the signed file that said to go a head with this etc. But then the lawyer said the lawsuit against them was rejected.. He told them he wouldn't do anything further. They have also tried contacting MP's etc to get support. Not much has been done by anyone they contacted. They are still trying, but it seems like it's being blocked by people.

That's what I was thinking about..Surely if no one was consented ( including family members of the dying ) then there would be lawsuits to follow? Or is there some legal loophole they have found to block this?

I don't think much of the NHS........ I had my last two children with the NHS, and BOTH times they put me on a 9 month waiting list lol :P

That's what you would expect but this goes pretty high up according to the articles I've read. Seems to be some loophole they have.

Haha, a friend of mine is a nurse so I understand the pressure she goes through and how hard it is, but the NHS really does annoy me.

Seems like someone higher up cares more about numbers than people to be honest. That part isn't shocking really.

• Like 1

it said no food or liquids and the doctor signed it. There was more to it, but I'm sure they bring on dehydration as well. She was begging for a drink and the Nurse told my housemate not to give her one when she tried.

If they gave her diamorphine then they never told the family. They certainly never told the family she was dying or going to die or what they where doing.

It wouldnt be listed as cause of death but pain relief from her autopsy.

Death in these cases usually happens when no family members are there. Its so they dont see what really happens.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

It wouldnt be listed as cause of death but pain relief from her autopsy.

Death in these cases usually happens when no family members are there. Its so they dont see what really happens.

They did try to get the family out the room a few times to be honest. When she was dying they tried to get them out but they stayed.

Has your roommate talked to an attorney? If anything can be done, there's no better time than now to do it.

Has your roommate talked to an attorney? If anything can be done, there's no better time than now to do it.

Not sure on what is happening just now with it. It's her mother and Auntie dealing with it, so I'm hearing through her at the moment.

That's what you would expect but this goes pretty high up according to the articles I've read. Seems to be some loophole they have.

Sounds to me like they could well have found a loophole.. Because a lawyer would love nothing more than to take on the case ( all about the money ) but if the lawyer see's he or she cant get far, they drop it like a hot potato ....

Haha, a friend of mine is a nurse so I understand the pressure she goes through and how hard it is, but the NHS really does annoy me.

I was just posting a little light humour about the NHS lol.. They can be annoying, but it's what our national insurance pays for every month

Here in the US we have people who die because they have no insurance. They can go to an emergency room to be stabilized but they cannot get long term treatment without jumping through much bureaucracy and many just give up. I don't agree with the system president Obama has put in place but I do think that change has to come in healthcare here. I just hope we don't trade one problem for another.

Trust me on this,we have this exact same thing in the USA,but its completely under wraps . They purposely put the elderly on drugs with side affects that are deadly .They never put anyone below 50 ,on these very same drugs .

It's this,well they will die soon anyway ,attitude ,so out them on drugs that should be banned ,make money on the patents,and get rid of some old people while we are at it .

This is exactly what was done to my mother .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Not sure on what is happening just now with it. It's her mother and Auntie dealing with it, so I'm hearing through her at the moment.

Some medical procedures require us not to take food or drink before/during their administration and I wondered if those doctor's orders are deliberately bringing about death, or just standard procedure coexistent with some other treatment or waiting period between treatments?

Sorry for the light humor, Coffey it is a tragic loss and wish nothing but support for you and the people effected by this.

But...

This sounds like a case for....

ERIN BROCKOVICH

On a more serious note-

I tend to ponder to myself with all the success and fame she has had since screwing with the powers to be over under the rug issues if she really does anything close to what she is known for now. Granted she still may help people win law cases and what have you but I would really like to know if she is one the few that would fight to the bloody end if need be for people in Coffey's friends situation and the millions of others.

• Like 1

I'm so looking forward to having the same kind of health care in the US.

• Like 1

Sorry for the light humor, Coffey it is a tragic loss and wish nothing but support for you and the people effected by this.

But...

This sounds like a case for....

ERIN BROCKOVICH

On a more serious note-

I tend to ponder to myself with all the success and fame she has had since screwing with the powers to be over under the rug issues if she really does anything close to what she is known for now. Granted she still may help people win law cases and what have you but I would really like to know if she is one the few that would fight to the bloody end if need be for people in Coffey's friends situation and the millions of others.

Not sure if she would do something for the UK. lol

Some medical procedures require us not to take food or drink before/during their administration and I wondered if those doctor's orders are deliberately bringing about death, or just standard procedure coexistent with some other treatment or waiting period between treatments?

I know what you, like when you get an operation you aren't allowed to eat or drink before it.

It seems like it's being used as a loop hole though. The article actually shows it's a used system though. So it's scary to think how much thye do it and people don't know. It;'s always worth checking over the medical report and notes if possible when someone dies.

I'm so looking forward to having the same kind of health care in the US.

Well from what I've been told this already happens in the US as well.

It's not a bad system in one way, it's more the corruption at the top that causes this kind of thing.

Sounds to me like they could well have found a loophole.. Because a lawyer would love nothing more than to take on the case ( all about the money ) but if the lawyer see's he or she cant get far, they drop it like a hot potato ....

Yeah, I'm guessing what Yamato is saying is the loophole. It's sad that msot people care more about money these days though.

I was just posting a little light humour about the NHS lol.. They can be annoying, but it's what our national insurance pays for every month

I know. lol Well that's why you'd expect better standards really, but officially higher up people see their salary being affected and go for cuts at the lower end to secure it. I'm guessing that's how it works.

Edited by Coffey