Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ says

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

• Who has it all has nothing

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 24 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

So those you don't agree with need their free speech regulated?

No, products which are revealed to harm society should be regulated. What Fox offers is a product that seemingly harms society.

This is not about personal preferences. Now you bring up personal preference by alluding to "those I don't agree with" so am I too understand this is what you focus on? So it can be understood you do agree with Fox and since you do, you do not favor their product being reviewed for it's negative impact on society?

Also, I never hear hate speech anyways. I have heard left wing sources does it though. One guy wants to kick Dick Cheneys heart around like a political football. NBC intentionally edited George Zimmermans 911 call to paint him as a racist and ensure racial division remains in this country. Chris Matthews always and falsly feeds into the fear speech of racial division. Another left radio host speaking of those killed by a tornado in the Bible Belt as their god sashing them into little grease spots on the asphalt. Occupy wall street was fully supported by lefties everywhere and was merely one giant violent drug induced disease fest. James Hoffa of the teamsters yelled and screamed about taking these tea party sons of b****es out and Maxine Waters said they can all go straight to hell. Nearly all the left endorsed pseudo murder charges on Mitt Romney. There are so very many provable examples of which side of politics and media holds the most hatred in their hearts. They're always wishing harm and death to Right leaning figures. Conservative radio has plenty of drama and grievances with the left but I never once heard any of them wish harm and death to anyone. Just because they don't like Obama doesn't mean their arguments are hate speech. The emotional left though let's their hate be well known.

So, let me get this right, your defense to Fox News having a harmful effect on society is to give us a rundown of past Fox News stories? It is these very headlines and stories you introduce that are the subject of our scrutinization.

Also are these elementary excuses? "But, but the other kids are all doing it too!"

As for the op, the guy is an idiot and so is anyone who believes his bs reasoning for his crimes. The truth is more likely that he's a drunk religious zealout trying to get off lite by passing blame on something that most of MSM will eat up and help his demented ass. Besides, in today's America the criminal is never to blame. It's always an outside influence. This really seems like something his lawyer concocted and apparently it worked since his sentence was cut in half.

You mention idiots and drunk religuous zealots. I wonder how many Fox News viewers could be described as such. You said it!

#17    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostI believe you, on 24 December 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

No, products which are revealed to harm society should be regulated. What Fox offers is a product that seemingly harms society.
So a lawyer uses some excuse to lower his clients sentence and that's all the proof you need that right wing news is harmful to society?

This is not about personal preferences. Now you bring up personal preference by alluding to "those I don't agree with" so am I too understand this is what you focus on?
Am I wrong? Doesn't appear so.

So it can be understood you do agree with Fox and since you do, you do not favor their product being reviewed for it's negative impact on society?
I happen to be in agreeance with much of their political views but not everything and I'm sure able to discern when something is dramatized or sensationalized. They don't think for me.
And who would be conducting such a review? Washington? Ha! The New York Times? Really any of the MSM? I'm certainly not in favor of free speech being regulated which is what you are advocating.

So, let me get this right, your defense to Fox News having a harmful effect on society is to give us a rundown of past Fox News stories? It is these very headlines and stories you introduce that are the subject of our scrutinization.
Listen to yourself. None of what I posted is false. Whether it was a Fox headline or not, it's all true and it's all from left wing sources and that's what you don't like and you want them to shut up about it. I didn't feel a need to provide links but so you can't deny it I will. See below.....
How many failed attempts by the MSM have their been to put blame on talk radio, the tea party and Fox have there been? A lot and they've all been nothing more than devise tactics that I guess are all ok so long as it didn't come from Fox. I seriously have never heard any of the pundits wish for or threaten harm to others unlike all the proof I show below.

Also are these elementary excuses? "But, but the other kids are all doing it too!"

Hey, I'd love nothing more than journalistic integrity everywhere but yea everyone is doing it. Fox is one outlet against many. So it seems you kind of realize that everyone is doing it yet you focus on just one. Stop being a sheep. You either have convictions or you don't.

You mention idiots and drunk religuous zealots. I wonder how many Fox News viewers could be described as such. You said it!
I don't know. How about you do some research and find out. Otherwise you are insinuating that one nut who watches tv speaks for all people who watch tv.

One guy wants to kick Dick Cheneys heart around like a political football.
“You’re damn right, Dick Cheney's heart's a political football,” Schultz said in remarks recorded by themedia blog Radio Equalizer. “We ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him."

NBC intentionally edited George Zimmermans 911 call to paint him as a racist and ensure racial division remains in this country.
the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
Here’s how the actual conversation went down:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Chris Matthews always and falsely feeds into the fear speech of racial division.
You can just google this. There are quite a few examples of wreckless acts of divisive journalism.

Another left radio host speaking of those killed by a tornado in the Bible Belt as their god sashing them into little grease spots on the asphalt.
mocking the Christians who were affected by the storms that have killed dozens. “Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma,” Malloy angrily sniped. “You know, the Bible belt, where they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Occupy wall street was fully supported by lefties everywhere and was merely one giant violent drug induced disease fest.
7,719 arrests to date.

James Hoffa of the teamsters yelled and screamed about taking these tea party sons of b****es out and Maxine Waterssaid they can all go straight to hell.

Nearly all the left endorsed pseudo murder charges on Mitt Romney.
This is actually from cnn calling the ad false, but it still ran and was still sucked up by the likes of you.

There are so very many provable examples of which side of politics and media holds the most hatred in their hearts.
They're always wishing harm and death to Right leaning figures.

I don't have the time to get into the last sentence above but the left is supposed to be the on the side of peace, love and tolerance but in reality they prove to be the exact opposite much of the time and always accuse others of what they're feeling guilty for such as labeling the right as racist when it was the democratic party who endorsed slavery and opposed civil rights.

Posted Image

#18    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,823 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I wonder why no one on the left here ever expresses shame and embarrassment over the idiocy that is spewed on MSNBC?  It is the most outrageous tripe that ever was passed of as news - yet not a peep of disagreement from the left.  Amazing double standard.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#19    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,058 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

if this poor guy learned,  from Fox news that  THE muslims don't believe in jesus,   then that's one more thing they are both Wrong about.   The Quran version is very similar to the Bible.    ..including virgin birth.

.. i don't want     "political views"  from something claiming to be a news source.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postand then, on 24 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

I wonder why no one on the left here ever expresses shame and embarrassment over the idiocy that is spewed on MSNBC?  It is the most outrageous tripe that ever was passed of as news - yet not a peep of disagreement from the left.  Amazing double standard.
Because. Just because. That's all. That and they think the opposition should be "regulated". According to the guy I'm yapping with above, calling out the volatility of the left is harmful to society. As for the guy in the op I can almost guarantee his lawyer concocted this excuse. Like Fox or not if you ever watch it you'll see that it's not simply rednecks spouting redneck rhetoric which is the way people who blindly dismiss them portray them. Uh huh, garsh darn 'dem mooslims 'dey all terrists 'dat wan' blow up ur gramama and 'dey comin' fer U two, uh huh. Yes, that's as substantial as they get and that's why they beat all other cable news networks combined in ratings. So who's dumber? The guy who thinks fox made him want to do crimes or the people that bought the excuse?

Posted Image

#21    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,058 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 25 December 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Because. Just because. That's all. That and they think the opposition should be "regulated". According to the guy I'm yapping with above, calling out the volatility of the left is harmful to society. As for the guy in the op I can almost guarantee his lawyer concocted this excuse. Like Fox or not if you ever watch it you'll see that it's not simply rednecks spouting redneck rhetoric which is the way people who blindly dismiss them portray them. Uh huh, garsh darn 'dem mooslims 'dey all terrists 'dat wan' blow up ur gramama and 'dey comin' fer U two, uh huh. Yes, that's as substantial as they get and that's why they beat all other cable news networks combined in ratings. So who's dumber? The guy who thinks fox made him want to do crimes or the people that bought the excuse?

umm ..  both? :blink:

* :santa:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Yea yea

Posted Image

#23    spartan max2

spartan max2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

pretty sure he was just pushing the blame on the first thing he could think of.

Honestly if anyone blames a news station on this then you sir would be a moron :whistle:

Edited by spartan max2, 30 December 2012 - 01:47 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#24    DoesntReallyLike

DoesntReallyLike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

What could be a more blatant example of abuse of the first amendment by the conservamedia ... He didn't just shout fire in a crowded theatre, he burned it down ... Why should these media outlets have such a large platform, just to spout their hate speech?

#25    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yes because I've heard FOX encourage arson countless times.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 24 January 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image

#26    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Geez, I don't care how misinformed you are, that does not mean you go out and do something really bad because of it. He could have been as hateful in his heart, even mouthing off.. But he chose to get smashed and drive himself off to start a fire.

#27    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 23 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I don't think he cared one bit about the rules Odas, I mean he gets his news from Fox; why do you think it's called Faux news channel in the first place. I mainly watch foreign news  channels that can be found in English, since I find them more truthful than let say the American News Channels. Thought this man is a total idiot again since he believes everything on the 24/7 news is  nothing but the Truth.  RedHen, I do agree that all of the American News stations are guilty of this type of thing, but I do find foreign news much more truthful and less of that type of spin because of the fact they have laws that guide the media.
When 9/11 hhappend, I was on a message board with some Americans and our Canadian news was reporting totally different, and from what the Americans said, more informed info.

Uneducated people who have 100% faith in a news show- that really scares me.  Opinions can really warp the facts.  Just like a couple I knew who believed the World Weekly News was all real-it was in print, they can't lie. :whistle:

Edited by glorybebe, 24 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#28    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostRyinrea, on 23 December 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

This man is not an idiot but a classic example of someone who has been brainwashed by the media. People believe what they hear and see...

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostDr. Mrdad, on 25 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

This man is not an idiot but a classic example of someone who has been brainwashed by the media. People believe what they hear and see...
No. He is an idiot. No media told this guy to start a fire. And FOX plays the fear card as much as any station but they certainly don't preach violence. They at least call out our enemies but that's not hate speech. It's true. And not calling this guy an idiot is just as bad. Blame the criminal. He's not a victim.
Argue anything you like but calling terrorists Islamic is truth. Calling all Islamist terrorists and you have an arguement and I've never heard that said.

Posted Image

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's called being crazy. Plain and simple. Crazy people do crazy things.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users