Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Loch Ness monster cited by US schools as

evolution loch ness monster darwin christian schools

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,852 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 02 July 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

No that was Noah...even with his hangover he insisted on building an ark...
I don't dream of squat after being drunk. In fact in the old days before I knew better I drank to not dream at all.

Edited by Seeker79, 04 July 2012 - 05:31 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#122    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 03 July 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

evolution theory ... THEORY THEORY .. its not a fact...   how come those christians are so ...... ... ahhh .. uh.. .   i dont wanna think about it ..  
but i dont believe in the evolution theory ... either :D :D :D aliens created us :D

Evolution is both fact and theory, look it up please.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#123    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Is this legal? Knowingly distributing false information? If it is not illegal, it should be.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#124    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 04 July 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

I don't dream of squat after being drunk. In fact in the old days before I knew better I drank to not dream at all.

Any time I was drunk...I couldn't tell the difference between my dreams and reality but I did dream like normal and remember some of them..I would wake up thinking  what was that?. It depended on how drunk I was..If I drank a lot..I would not remember ....but if I was happy drunk.. then yes I remembered all lol.....I met manys a drunk that thought they seen and heard things and acted on it...Amazing what drink can do

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 04 July 2012 - 08:39 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#125    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 04 July 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

Any time I was drunk...I couldn't tell the difference between my dreams and reality but I did dream like normal and remember some of them..I would wake up thinking  what was that?. It depended on how drunk I was..If I drank a lot..I would not remember ....but if I was happy drunk.. then yes I remembered all lol.....I met manys a drunk that thought they seen and heard things and acted on it...Amazing what drink can do

I feel the need to put this theory to the test.
Hmm,,I wonder if I could get government funding for it :)

#126    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Missing the 'Banned' Wagon

• 4,731 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 July 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Is this legal? Knowingly distributing false information? If it is not illegal, it should be.

Unfortunately it is probably covered by 'Freedom of Speech'...

Lots of schools push twisted versions of history and 'facts' onto their pupils (especially from a religious perspective) luckily in this age of information availability you can go home to do your homework and discover a whole new point of view.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#127    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 4,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 04 July 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I think they do, these researchers demonstrate there results on the Jeremy Kyle Show every now and then. They get drunk and test this theory using 'Government Grants' called Job 'Seekers allowance' and 'Income support'.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#128    WillSoMysterious

WillSoMysterious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Location:In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark, dark cellar, WillSoMysterious lived.

• "You know one of them ones where you have to wipe your bum cheeks first?" - Junior Chubb 2013

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

To be honest, i believe in Nessie more than that fairy Jesus. We could rewrite to Bible and adapt Nessie and the son of God! 'The Gospel according to Nessie'.. Hmmm.. Has a bit of a ring to it

#129    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 4,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostWillSoMysterious, on 04 July 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

To be honest, i believe in Nessie more than that fairy Jesus. We could rewrite to Bible and adapt Nessie and the son of God! 'The Gospel according to Nessie'.. Hmmm.. Has a bit of a ring to it

Fairy Jesus?

The son of the washing up God?

Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face, with mild green Fairy Jesus...

#130    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,041 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 04 July 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

And yes i have been known to be opinionated on occasion.

As have I :D

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#131    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 04 July 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I noticed that when I drank strong cider  .. and wine...   I got so drunk I would barely remember a thing..The hangovers were awful . BUT  when I drank shots all night...I got like a happy drunk...could remember almost everything and  barely a  hangover...  I guess drink can effect each of us in different ways.. The only drink I would never touch is beer... I have heard people say if they drank beers all night they feel fine and remember all.. Then some say  it makes them pass out and they forget a lot !

I remember my mother always saying to me when I got hungover - Well its you're own fault ..you shouldn't mix your drinks, in my day we sat over the one drink the whole night... but you had to show off didn't you? <-- nagged that over me when I was talking to God on the big white telephone  lol   ( big white telephone   aka  the toilet ) ...I always mixed my drinks though  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 04 July 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#132    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,041 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostCybele, on 03 July 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I have also suffered with depression on-and-off for most of my life. However, unlike yourself, I have found anti-depressants to be absolutely essential to improving my mood and by extension my life. How could a person take time to improve themselves and alleviate their own suffering if they were, for example, constantly being besieged by suicidal ideation or panic attacks? Rather than view medication as a “dodge” or a “magic fix”, one could instead view it as an important step on the road to recovery--a means to normalize or empower oneself so that you are, with a clear head, better able to work out issues in your life that are contributing to unhappiness and ridding yourself of destructive habits.

I know how it sounded, but I wasn't criticizing use of anti-depressants when necessary.  It came up as an analogy of using belief instead of coping and how belief is not universally a good thing.  I was just trying to make the point that there are many cases where lifestyle changes clear up depression, I know it won't work for everyone or the most severe cases.  But for the people alternative means can work for, taking medication is uneccessary and even potentially dangerous.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#133    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

• 4,731 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 04 July 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I noticed that when I drank strong cider  .. and wine...   I got so drunk I would barely remember a thing..The hangovers were awful . BUT  when I drank shots all night...I got like a happy drunk...could remember almost everything and  barely a  hangover...  I guess drink can effect each of us in different ways.. The only drink I would never touch is beer... I have heard people say if they drank beers all night they feel fine and remember all.. Then some say  it makes them pass out and they forget a lot

I find if you want to remember your dreams you should set your alarm an hour before you want to wake up. For me this works wonders, I wake up and go back to sleep, any dreams in this hour seem to be more vivid and easier to remember. This might go against some peoples view of when and how we dream but even with a 20 minute sleep in this situation I can get good results whether I have been drinking, smoking or injecting the night before ;)

#134    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,005 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

I find if you want to remember your dreams you should set your alarm an hour before you want to wake up. For me this works wonders, I wake up and go back to sleep, any dreams in this hour seem to be more vivid and easier to remember. This might go against some peoples view of when and how we dream but even with a 20 minute sleep in this situation I can get good results whether I have been drinking, smoking or injecting the night before ;)
Either that, or get a dog. Our labrador has been unwell with a stomach upset for a week, ( the vet checked him out and proclaimed nothing to worry about) and i have to get up and let him out and in about 4 times a  night. This allows me access to more of my dreams because i wake up in the middle of them at least 4 times each night, and have time to ponder on them as I stand in the freezing cold kitchen waiting for Finn to come back inside. :passifier:

Edited by Mr Walker, 04 July 2012 - 01:21 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#135    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Aye but see... I have an eight week old baby boy... trust me when I say this - I will take as much sleep as I  as and when  he lets me   lol :P   When you have newborn babies in your home...you will value any sleep you get...!!  As for drinking... I never miss it..those days are long gone !

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Also tagged with evolution, loch ness monster, darwin, christian, schools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users