Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathic Bigfoot Research

Still Waters

Telepathic Bigfoot research is laughable to many Bigfoot researchers. They want to get solid scientific PROOF that Bigfoot exists and don’t see the connection to exploration of telepathy. There are many scientists specializing in the study of telepathy. Do you see the correlation there? The POSSIBILITIES?

There are many non-telepathic Bigfoot researchers on the job, trying to get that physical proof. The Bigfoot research scene resembles a huge tumble-jumble of people racing to be the one great almighty Bigfoot researcher with a gold star, who will go down in history as the discoverer of the Sasquatch species.

Good luck, folks.

I took a huge step back from the crowd a long time ago, and decided to focus on my major interest in Bigfoot research, which is communication, starting with but not limited to telepathy. Sorry if it bothers you that I’ve decided to listen to the music of a different drummer, but I can only be me, and I like what I’m doing with telepathy.

http://friendsofsasq...gfoot-research/

good to see them keeping the search for the imaginary alive with the impossible.

• Like 3

Telepathic Bigfoot research is laughable to many Bigfoot researchers.

I think it's laughable to many people.

What the heck would a Bigfoot be thinking anyway? Something like: "Umm...salmon and berries good" , "Umm...hairy girlfriend good"...???

• Like 1

how in the heck do you research telepathy in a creature that thus far remains imaginary? its like trying to figure out what kind of toothpaste the easter bunny uses. at least we know where to look when we need a soundbyte from the fringe of the fringe.

What the heck would a Bigfoot be thinking anyway? Something like: "Umm...salmon and berries good" , "Umm...hairy girlfriend good"...???

Or perhaps "Yay!!!.... they'll never find me here"....

• Like 1

Joan Ocean has known this for years......

Did you know that Sasquatch can:

Read

Write

Shape-shift

Project Their Voice

Create Infrasound that affects the environment

De-materialize at will, or cause you to have an experience of lost time so you think they de-materialized.

Travel 300 miles a day on foot.

Live in well-lighted underground facilities

Contact and live with Star People

Tell us about our past and our future.

Have lived here longer than the human race.

http://www.joanocean.com/sasquatch.html

• 5 months later...

how in the heck do you research telepathy in a creature that thus far remains imaginary? its like trying to figure out what kind of toothpaste the easter bunny uses. at least we know where to look when we need a soundbyte from the fringe of the fringe.

How can you say Bigfoot is a imaginary creature with all of the evidence we have gathered over the years?

Joan Ocean has known this for years......

Did you know that Sasquatch can:

Read

Write

Shape-shift

Project Their Voice

Create Infrasound that affects the environment

De-materialize at will, or cause you to have an experience of lost time so you think they de-materialized.

Travel 300 miles a day on foot.

Live in well-lighted underground facilities

Contact and live with Star People

Tell us about our past and our future.

Have lived here longer than the human race.

http://www.joanocean.../sasquatch.html

Wow.... just... wow.... :blink:

• Like 1

How can you say Bigfoot is a imaginary creature with all of the evidence we have gathered over the years?

Well it seems as though our standards for what passes as evidence are vastly different. There has not been a single shred of evidence collected that is substantial enough for science to classify bigfoot as an animal exists. IF bigfoot does exist - it will be an animal, I'm guessing which would put it in science's sandbox of things to play around with. IF there had been enough real evidence collected (not talking about pareidolic eyewitness sightings made solid by confirmation bias here) then someone would have bothered at this point to write something up for a peer reviewed scientific journal.

The fact that nobody has pretty much speaks to the quality of the "evidence" (cough cough) on hand. Now there are people out there trying really hard to gather some real evidence - like Dr. Meldrum, who is actual a member around here - but so far, he doesn't have anything ready to release either, or he probably would have.

Bigfoot isn't a cryptid because there is this huge mountain of evidence that nobody is bothering to utilize. Bigfoot is a cryptid because there isn't any damn evidence. None. Not a single shred that is conclusive and irrefutable. Not yet.

If Bigfoot is going to be real then Bigfoot has got to pass the same scientific muster that every other animal discovered and classified has had to.

• Like 1

Dr. Meldrum, who is actual a member around here -

Meldrum is a member here? I did not know that. That's cool.

Well it seems as though our standards for what passes as evidence are vastly different. There has not been a single shred of evidence collected that is substantial enough for science to classify bigfoot as an animal exists. IF bigfoot does exist - it will be an animal, I'm guessing which would put it in science's sandbox of things to play around with. IF there had been enough real evidence collected (not talking about pareidolic eyewitness sightings made solid by confirmation bias here) then someone would have bothered at this point to write something up for a peer reviewed scientific journal.

The fact that nobody has pretty much speaks to the quality of the "evidence" (cough cough) on hand. Now there are people out there trying really hard to gather some real evidence - like Dr. Meldrum, who is actual a member around here - but so far, he doesn't have anything ready to release either, or he probably would have.

Bigfoot isn't a cryptid because there is this huge mountain of evidence that nobody is bothering to utilize. Bigfoot is a cryptid because there isn't any damn evidence. None. Not a single shred that is conclusive and irrefutable. Not yet.

If Bigfoot is going to be real then Bigfoot has got to pass the same scientific muster that every other animal discovered and classified has had to.

Besides Finding a Dead Body We Have:

Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People

Bigfoot "Calls"

Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us

Scat Evidence(****)

Footprints

Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American Indians.

Patterson Film

Blood Samples

I'd say that is pretty Dam Good Evidence of Bigfoot all ready collected by people out in the field trying to prove its existence to the Scientific Community

Besides Finding a Dead Body We Have:

Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People

Bigfoot "Calls"

Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us

Scat Evidence(****)

Footprints

Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American Indians.

Patterson Film

Blood Samples

I'd say that is pretty Dam Good Evidence of Bigfoot all ready collected by people out in the field trying to prove its existence to the Scientific Community

All that stuff and none of it is as good as anything that actually is evidence. Trust me, there are people who are chomping at the bit to get bigfoot classified. If any of that were good enough (mind you - as good as evidence that has been collected for every other classified living creature to date) someone would have written it up in a peer-reviewed scientific journal and we would not be having this discussion.

None of that stuff is actual evidence. All of it is unverified. you can wish it was, but its just not. Evidence is information that when taken in concert with other evidence actually proves something.

To borrow your list...

Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People - Eyewitness testimony can easily be refuted as mistaken identity, and proves nothing.

Bigfoot "Calls" - Only proves that someone heard something - also can be refuted as mistaken identity. Also since a Bigfoot has never been cuaght or observed objectively - nobody actually knows what they sound like. You can't study the sounds of something thats never been caught and scientifically observed. Refutable.

Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us - No hair sample has ever been proven to have come from a Bigfoot. Proof of nothing except that someone found hair, that in SOME cases has come back as "unidentifiable" Which in DNA testing usually means the sample was contaminated or was not of high enough quality to extract proper DNA from. Refutable.

Scat Evidence(****) - Poop is everywhere. How does anyone prove it came from Bigfoot. Thats right. You can't. refutable.

Footprints - Only proof that something made an impression in soil, snow, mud. Many times proven to be hoaxed - which lessens the quality of the argument that it is "evidence".

Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American Indians. - Again, eyewitness testimony. Often symbolic and not objective in nature. Could be accurate, could be just stories passed down. Refutable.

Patterson Film - Much disagreement on whether it shows a man in a suit or an unidentified creature. Repeated analysis and still refutable.

Blood Samples - Not familiar with the blood samples argument. However IF someone had blood samples that were somehow identifiable as being from a sasquatch (without a body - I don't see how this is possible) there would have been a peer-reviewed study that would have validated it. No study, no writeup - unlikely that these "blood samples" actually, scientifically showed what they were purported to.

I would LOVE to see Bigfoot proven. It would make my day. I want to be a believer, but there is just no good reason to be at this point. If bigfoot is real, it is an animal that has to be scientifically verified. It hasn't been.

I won't even get started on how bigfoot purportedly does all the things that regular animals do and manages to leave no actual evidence of it ever existing - like every other animal does. Its just SO unlikely.

• Like 1

That would be a collection of blurry photographs, potentially flawed eye-witness reports, and DNA evidence that says "some sort of primate" or "too degraded to get a solid reading"?

Yeap totally and utterly convincing.

That would be a collection of blurry photographs, potentially flawed eye-witness reports, and DNA evidence that says "some sort of primate" or "too degraded to get a solid reading"?

Yeap totally and utterly convincing.

Patterson Film Nuff Said

All that stuff and none of it is as good as anything that actually is evidence. Trust me, there are people who are chomping at the bit to get bigfoot classified. If any of that were good enough (mind you - as good as evidence that has been collected for every other classified living creature to date) someone would have written it up in a peer-reviewed scientific journal and we would not be having this discussion.

None of that stuff is actual evidence. All of it is unverified. you can wish it was, but its just not. Evidence is information that when taken in concert with other evidence actually proves something.

To borrow your list...

Plenty of Eye Witness Sightings From Credible People - Eyewitness testimony can easily be refuted as mistaken identity, and proves nothing.

Bigfoot "Calls" - Only proves that someone heard something - also can be refuted as mistaken identity. Also since a Bigfoot has never been cuaght or observed objectively - nobody actually knows what they sound like. You can't study the sounds of something thats never been caught and scientifically observed. Refutable.

Plenty of Hair Samples Suggesting that a Unknown Animal Does Live Among Us - No hair sample has ever been proven to have come from a Bigfoot. Proof of nothing except that someone found hair, that in SOME cases has come back as "unidentifiable" Which in DNA testing usually means the sample was contaminated or was not of high enough quality to extract proper DNA from. Refutable.

Scat Evidence(****) - Poop is everywhere. How does anyone prove it came from Bigfoot. Thats right. You can't. refutable.

Footprints - Only proof that something made an impression in soil, snow, mud. Many times proven to be hoaxed - which lessens the quality of the argument that it is "evidence".

Folklore Dating All the way Back before the White Man came into contact with the Native American Indians. - Again, eyewitness testimony. Often symbolic and not objective in nature. Could be accurate, could be just stories passed down. Refutable.

Patterson Film - Much disagreement on whether it shows a man in a suit or an unidentified creature. Repeated analysis and still refutable.

Blood Samples - Not familiar with the blood samples argument. However IF someone had blood samples that were somehow identifiable as being from a sasquatch (without a body - I don't see how this is possible) there would have been a peer-reviewed study that would have validated it. No study, no writeup - unlikely that these "blood samples" actually, scientifically showed what they were purported to.

I would LOVE to see Bigfoot proven. It would make my day. I want to be a believer, but there is just no good reason to be at this point. If bigfoot is real, it is an animal that has to be scientifically verified. It hasn't been.

I won't even get started on how bigfoot purportedly does all the things that regular animals do and manages to leave no actual evidence of it ever existing - like every other animal does. Its just SO unlikely.

Its just SO unlikely but it is likely. After all the best case i know of is the Mountain Gorilla. It's just a matter of time before we find one.

http://listverse.com/2010/08/13/top-10-cryptids-that-turned-out-to-be-real/

Its just SO unlikely but it is likely. After all the best case i know of is the Mountain Gorilla. It's just a matter of time before we find one.

http://listverse.com...out-to-be-real/

The thing about the mountain gorilla is that once scientists started looking - it didn't take them long to find and validate the claims. People have been making unsubstatiated bigfoot claims for a very long time....and people have been looking for a very long time and pfffft! Nothing. At least nothing that can be used to validate and prove its existence.

Go forth believing though. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't try to say that there is evidence for it when there isn't.

The thing about the mountain gorilla is that once scientists started looking - it didn't take them long to find and validate the claims. People have been making unsubstatiated bigfoot claims for a very long time....and people have been looking for a very long time and pfffft! Nothing.

Well thats why its called Cryptozoology, the study of “hidden animals”. Some Animals are Harder to find then others if they dont smack you right in the face that is(Coelacanth).

Well thats why its called Cryptozoology, the study of “hidden animals”. Some Animals are Harder to find then others if they dont smack you right in the face that is(Coelacanth).

Sure man. I get it. Gotta keep the dream alive. I used to be a fervent believer, ya know. I understand how much it can mean to you. I'd have argued it to death even a couple years ago.

• Like 1

Now there are people out there trying really hard to gather some real evidence - like Dr. Meldrum, who is actual a member around here - but so far, he doesn't have anything ready to release either, or he probably would have.

OP? Before you jump into the pile that believes he's an actual member here, I'd point out that he's supposed to have made only one post and we only have the word of someone whom I'd never believe.......not only that but thius same person is an admitted hoaxer. Believe as you wish, but me thinks something is rotten in Denmark. Besides, I can only hope that the real Dr. Meldrum is a little too busy to be bothered with posts on a skeptics board. You follow me?

Sure man. I get it. Gotta keep the dream alive. I used to be a fervent believer, ya know. I understand how much it can mean to you. I'd have argued it to death even a couple years ago.

What made you stop believing then?