Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic abilities

irken_dreamer

I was wondering what kind of things improve psychic abilities. Do certain things improve all of them? Do certain things only improves some abilities?

I've heard that meditation and eating certain things will improve them. I was also wondering if lucid dreaming can improve them because a while back I had several lucid dreams in a row and then had a psychic experience and I haven't had a psychic experience happen to me in years. So does anyone have any theories on things that improve them or can you tell what has worked for you? I think seeing spirits would be a psychic ability right? If it isn't just include it on the list anyway. I've seen one ghost (but I'd like to see more) and I've had a few psychic experiences (but would like to have more).

Edited by irken_dreamer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irken_dreamer

• Sporkling

• John from Lowell

• Radian

Eat alot of cheese. It helps.

It's a fact that anchovy pizza makes you telekinetic. It's a fact!

mmmmmm cheese good :tu:

drugs and alcohol let you see weird things (seeing spirits... yes, it's psychic), although I don't recommend it

I'd like to know some actual theories please. <_<

I think that this was excellent advice.

Basically, mediation and practise improves it.

On subjects like this, I think it is best to not react to the views of others but to consider what they are saying and why they are saying it.

Use your own discernment to identify what you wish to reflect upon or meditate upon. Then follow the success you have experience and just keep praticing it. It will improve.

John

Does anyone think that having a lot of lucid dreams or improving your ability to control them could improve psychic abilites?

I think, having lucid dream makes your mind stronger, because it involves controling your subconscious mind

Notwithstanding the question as to whether these abilities exist at all, one theoretical approach employed in parapsychological research is the idea that sensory deprivation allows more attention to be given to the subtle psi stimuli.

One approach designed around this idea, and which has some claimed success in the laboratory setting, is the Ganzfeld experiment.

The science expirements done to try to prove psychic abilities are usually done to an actual science viewpoint without actually understanding the underlying cause of the psychic ability. The point is, "we show that it can be done this way and it becomes done by this way". But is it? Well people show to have psychic abilities all over the place in many different conditions. How can it be possible to have such a mindset that "it can be done in this way, therefore it is this way"? The phase, "just because it can be done using scientific methods, does not mean the actual is done by scientific methods" still holds true.

The science expirements done to try to prove psychic abilities are usually done to an actual science viewpoint without actually understanding the underlying cause of the psychic ability. The point is, "we show that it can be done this way and it becomes done by this way". But is it? Well people show to have psychic abilities all over the place in many different conditions. How can it be possible to have such a mindset that "it can be done in this way, therefore it is this way"? The phase, "just because it can be done using scientific methods, does not mean the actual is done by scientific methods" still holds true.

That is a good point.

I am reminded that we study history in our educational system but we never seem to understand it. All of our knowledge, wisdom, and physical skills have changed over the last, lets say 4,000 years. How can anyone really think that this has come to a screatching halt and that what we know and understand today as our reality will go unchanged for the next 4,000 years.

Humanity generally speaking is insecure about the unknown. We have good reason for the desire that we have proof about various theories. I think the more we can understand this attribute in ourselves, the easier it will be to unlock those mysteries and move forward with our ever evolving awareness.

John

Whoa, pretty deep thoughts, guys. Anyways, irken. Basically what you would want to do if you want to "improve" or strengthen abilities is discipline your mind, understand yourself, and keep yourself healthy. A disciplined, clear-headed, healthy person will be better equipped to deal with things like this. I can't tell you precisely what to do, because that's up to you. Just do something that makes you feel at peace and gives you clarity of mind so you can focus your efforts on improving. For me, sometimes swimming or jogging in windy weather can help clear my head before I meditate and practice. Meditation is often a good method of discipline, but it might help if you try to clear up your mind before meditation so it'll be easier.

I was wondering what kind of things improve psychic abilities. Do certain things improve all of them? Do certain things only improves some abilities?

I've heard that meditation and eating certain things will improve them. I was also wondering if lucid dreaming can improve them because a while back I had several lucid dreams in a row and then had a psychic experience and I haven't had a psychic experience happen to me in years. So does anyone have any theories on things that improve them or can you tell what has worked for you? I think seeing spirits would be a psychic ability right? If it isn't just include it on the list anyway. I've seen one ghost (but I'd like to see more) and I've had a few psychic experiences (but would like to have more).

'

I know meditation helps. I myself didn't like meditation, I baisically practised for hours on end, in the end it yields the same results....Jus a diffrent way to get there...

What I am wondering is what kind of things are you doing to BELIEVE in psychic abilities? They cannot be improved as they do not exist. Meditation is not used to make you shoot Kamehamaha waves like Goku..it is to calm your spirit, and to ease your mind. Also, if you did LSD, it would make sense that you would have Flashbacks.

Edited by Drayno

I know they're real because I've had them before and so has my sister. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't want this to turn into a debate over whether psychic abilities are real or not. Btw I'm mostly interested in seeing spirits not telekinesis or anything like that because it just seems kind of boring.

Edited by irken_dreamer

Irken, I think that you should try to be ready before you learn to see spirits. It is not as wonderful as you think. It can also mean constant fear and things like that.

Irken, I think that you should try to be ready before you learn to see spirits. It is not as wonderful as you think. It can also mean constant fear and things like that.

Well, I've seen one ghost before and it wasn't scary. I know all ghosts aren't as nice as the one I saw but I'm not really scared by ghosts. I still think it would be worth it even if they were scary. Btw wouldn't they be there even if you couldn't see them? Or is there more activity because they can tell that you can see them?

Well, I've seen one ghost before and it wasn't scary. I know all ghosts aren't as nice as the one I saw but I'm not really scared by ghosts. I still think it would be worth it even if they were scary. Btw wouldn't they be there even if you couldn't see them? Or is there more activity because they can tell that you can see them?

There actually is more activity if you can actually see them. You will energetically attract their attention.

Since you seem to be interested in doing this, I would suggest that you also talk to them in your mind. Ask who they are and why they have come to see you. Then just guess what that answer might be and ask a follow up question to obtain additional information. Do not pre-plan the conversation but just flow with it.

John

Ok but you have to remember that you'll be seeing them at everytime of the day. And night. Thats the scary part. You do not have control when and when you do not want to see. I therefore, wish you to understand it.

Ok but you have to remember that you'll be seeing them at everytime of the day. And night. Thats the scary part. You do not have control when and when you do not want to see. I therefore, wish you to understand it.

I know, and I still think it would be worth it. I'm pretty far off from being able to see them though because I don't really know how to train myself to see them.

Night really doesn't scare me at all. In fact I like the night better that the day.

I know, and I still think it would be worth it. I'm pretty far off from being able to see them though because I don't really know how to train myself to see them.

Night really doesn't scare me at all. In fact I like the night better that the day.

You won't understand until you do feel them..see them. And trust me mate, it isn't all that fun to see them. It is not worth it, it never is. I am not afraid of the night either, but you will be afraid of what is in it.

I think, having lucid dream makes your mind stronger, because it involves controling your subconscious mind

I think you have an excellent point here chris freak. In a way controlled lucid dreaming or dream control is the most basic form of psychic power known.

In it, you merge your conscious and subconscious minds so that your conscious can control your subconscious, and create dreamscapes characters and scenarios. If you never learn to do anything else, this ability will provide you with all the entertainment you need in a lifetime. You can create and control ANY scenario. So if you never learn to control the objective reality around you, then total control of your own subjective reality is pretty cool.

But, personally, i think there is a link between the physical ability to lucid dream, along with the self discipline needed; and other psychic abilities which manifest in the real world. Take obes for example. In my case verifiable obe experiences grew out of lucid deams. So did the ability to see into other peoples minds at times . This helped me find lost objects, locate the combination to a lock and see through the eyes of another person in another place.

Personlly i think such abilities are linked into a universal consciousness, but rely on an individual's physical ability, and openmindedness, to operate through that individual.

From experience, these abilities are very random and unpredictable, but they do seem to be improved in quality and quantity through awareness, discussion and practice, just as lucid dreaming does.

Edited by Mr Walker

If thats what you really want, i have nothing else to say except good luck. I also hope that you know how to close the third eye. Before you actually get it.