Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FEARS OVER TASER GUNS

Talon

FEARS OVER TASER GUNS

Concerns continue to be expressed about the safety of taser guns, which are now widely used in the United States as an alternative to firearms.

Police in Britain are currently testing their effectiveness.

There are worries about the safety of the 50,000 volt charge which the weapons send through victims.

Tasers work by attaching cords to people's skin, disrupting communication between the brain and the nerves and causing people to collapse.

A Sky News report found that since their introduction in Miami 18 months ago, police have not fired a single shot, using tasers instead to deal with difficult suspects.

Previously, two or three people a year had been killed by police in the city.

The company that makes tasers says they are not lethal, despite claims claims that 50 people have died since they were introduced

Human rights group Amnesty International has serious concerns about their possible health risks, and wants them banned.

The question marks remain, despite their widespread use, as not enough research has been done into their safety and the few independent studies carried out have been far from conclusive

Link

Edited by Talon S.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Talon

• hunterkiller2001

• Thanato

Top Posters In This Topic

people are complaining about tasers because theres the chance they might kill someone, when the alternative is old fashioned fire arms? you gotta be kidding me

I'd rather be shot..

There's a lot more options then "old fashioned" firearms..

Anything from rubber bullets to beanbags..

Your entire body runs on electricity.. It pumps your heart, it allows you to see, move and think.. Screwing with that balance is far more dangerous then popping someone with a piece of rubber..

It's like being struck by lightining.. some people die.. some don't.. it depends on the state of the body.

They should ask you first.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a history of heart problems or anything like that?"

"noo.." ZAAAPP!!

They should ask you first.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a history of heart problems or anything like that?"

"noo.." ZAAAPP!!

The police slip on a little rubber glove for the pre-tazer physical:

Any heart problems?

No...

Are you on any amphetamines?

No...

Turn your head and cough...

**Cough**

OK, everything seems to be in order here, if I could just get you to sign this pre-tazer waiver...

**X**

OK, thank you...

**Zap**

Maybe less power in right place? I wonder how epileptic person would react..

Anyway, surely more developement could take place, but c'mon.. I guess the odds are still better than with the bullet?