Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AID PLANE FLIES TO SUDAN

Talon

AID PLANE FLIES TO SUDAN

A plane carrying British aid to the Darfur region of Sudanhas has taken off from Kent.

The Oxfam flight is carrying 30 tonnes of water and sanitation equipment worth more than £90,000.

An estimated 30,000 people have died during 15 months of conflict in the region and a million more have been displaced and now face disease and starvation.

The flight was scheduled to have taken place on Friday but was delayed because of "sensitivities on the ground".

It is the third aid flight in recent weeks from Oxfam, one of 11 British charities involved in the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal raising money for the crisis.

A spokesman for the charity said: "The situation is rapidly deteriorating on the ground, disease is becoming an increasingly large worry for us.

"This urgently-needed equipment will be used to try to stop the spread of disease and provide clean water."

Britain has been urged to provide military power to intervene in Sudan, and Chief of General Staff, General Sir Mike Jackson, said the Army would be ready if called upon.

He said a brigade of 5,000 soldiers could be ready and fully equipped if the Government decided to send troops in.

The United Nations has described Darfur as the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

Link

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Stamford

• Babs

• Erikl

Top Posters In This Topic

Why's is just the UK though, where's everyone else huh.gif

Well unfortunely this aid will not get to it's target - the starving victims of the gencodie taking place there.

It will probably get into government hands, where it will be used to feed the soldiers commiting the genocide.

Something samiliar happens in N. Korea - the UN aid is picked up by government officials, to feed the 1 million soldiers, while the real population is starving.

Let's hope it gets where it's supposed to. It would be really horrible if the aid ment for ppl would end up working against them. Knowing that the threat of supplies going into wrong hands exists, they must have prepared for that.

Well unfortunely this aid will not get to it's target - the starving victims of the gencodie taking place there.

It will probably get into government hands, where it will be used to feed the soldiers commiting the genocide.

More than likely you are correct. This will then lead to the necessity of sending in forces....probably US and British. thumbsup.gif

Something samiliar happens in N. Korea - the UN aid is picked up by government officials, to feed the 1 million soldiers, while the real population is starving.

same thing happened in bosnia..

and then the US went it alone:P

Completley and utterly wrong.

In fact during the last attack on serbia it was BRITISH paratroopers who were the first tho go in.

It was the FIRST land invasion in europe since the 2nd world war.

YOur quick to point o0ut wen others get it wrong.

On another note i see teh arab militaia have vowed to fight any western interference.

Which is very dissapointing, i also think they were describing AID agencies too.

Lets see if the likes of Syria an others condemn this arab militia, will be interesting to see if they take a moral high ground on this issue .

Or is just westerners who deserve criticism?????? disgust.gif

Edited by wunarmdscissor

because australia won't do anything till america does. john howard only lives to kiss george bush's **** so don't excpect much from this place.

john howard only lives to kiss george bush's ****

The media here says Blair's the same tongue.gif well at least if he's dicussing going in while Bush still doesn't want to acknowledge its happening, shows he's growing a backbone thumbsup.gif

I am glad to hear Britain is doing this.

john howard only lives to kiss george bush's ****

The media here says Blair's the same

And here that Sharon's the same tongue.gif

The US is busy with the can of worms that was opened in Iraq.

I am sure that we will make it to Sudan sooner or later, but first we need to take care of the countries that we have financial interests in.

laugh.gif you are funny, fluffy.

Scotland Today (the main Scottish-made newsprogram) has reported;

"Since we first brought you pictures, and told you about the charities asking for help, the phones haven't stopped ringing. Scots have given nearly £1 million and it's been one of the fastest responses to an appeal on record."

Link

So I'd like to say a massive scr*w you to the sterotype that Scots are money-grabbing skinflints. tongue.gif

if it wasnt so close to election month bush wouldnt do it..he wouldnt care...but since it is...he might try to use it to boost himself in the polls....since hes dropiing like a rock.

So I'd like to say a massive scr*w you to the sterotype that Scots are money-grabbing skinflints. 

Well sed talon.

COnsiderin theres only 5 million of us as well its a great acheivment.

So I'd like to say a massive scr*w you to the sterotype that Scots are money-grabbing skinflints.

Is it ok if I keep the stereotype where you all wear kilts and live off shortbread and haggis? whistling2.gif

Is it ok if I keep the stereotype where you all wear kilts and live off shortbread and haggis?

huh.gif Well as long as it brings in the tourists sure, tongue.gif just so long as you don't beleive it

Well as long as it brings in the tourists sure,  just so long as you don't beleive it

Cool, if I travel up north of the border, I will see Nessie though, won't I?

Errr... huh.gif sure... grin2.gif come north spend money, add to to our economy cool.gif