Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Suicide is NEVER the Answer !

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Whats wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

It could be a matter of (after finally  working up the courage to do it in the first place ) once seeing it fail, maybe they feel that they were not meant to do it  OR it could be a sign that they didn't have as much courage as they thought.. Suicide takes a lot of guts...  Not everyone can access a gun either..
There's more than one way to go about it, and in today's world getting a gun wouldn't be hard. All I'm saying is that,  with most of these failed suicide attempts the person never meant to really go through with it.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 June 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

There's more than one way to go about it, and in today's world getting a gun wouldn't be hard. All I'm saying is that,  with most of these failed suicide attempts the person never meant to really go through with it.

I know there is more than one way to go about it...WHo knows what goes through their minds at the time? Getting a gun over here is hard...Very hard..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Suicide takes a lot of guts...  Not everyone can access a gun either..
a friend of mine's mum who suffered from depression was placed in a hospital against her wishes (not sectioned, she had ME and was put in a normal hospital), where she killed herself with a carrier bag & the chord from her nightgown.
she was being given L tryptophan for depression, which was known to induce suicidal tendancies.
she was 47 at the time.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#49    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

WHo knows what goes through their minds at the time?

Its better to never know what goes trough their minds. :tu:

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#50    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is giving your life for other also qualify as suicide?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#51    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

My opinion all this soul stuff is nonsense. I have one life to live and quality is much more important to me than quantity. If I ever developed terminal cancer, I'd consider committing suicide before I got to a point where I was bedridden and in pain. If I found out I had early stage alzheimer's, I'd end it before my mind deteorated. I don't want to end up like my grandmother someday. I don't want to lose all of my good memories and live in a near constant state of confusion and fear. It's my life and my choice to decide when it ends.
I also don't judge anyone or consider a mentally ill person who commits suicide a coward. I have an anxiety disorder and went through a period of severe depression that lasted a couple of years. I know how hard it is. I also have a sibling who has suffered from schizophrenia for nearly a decade. She has been treated, but unfortunately doesn't respond well to most medications. Her quality of life is low. If I were in her shoes, I'd probably end it.

#52    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,663 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have seen what it does to those left behind. I couldn't do that to my loved ones and friends.  The great thing about the Universe is everything changes. What is going on now isn't going to be going down the road. I what to see what round the bend on the road. The only thing I have seen  people locked in their own bodies unable to move, talk or see, maybe I don't know, but death might be better than  that.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postshrooma, on 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

a friend of mine's mum who suffered from depression was placed in a hospital against her wishes (not sectioned, she had ME and was put in a normal hospital), where she killed herself with a carrier bag & the chord from her nightgown.
she was being given L tryptophan for depression, which was known to induce suicidal tendancies.
she was 47 at the time.

Oh my, that is sad.

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#54    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,267 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postthe L, on 17 June 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Do you think that Kamikaze were mentally ill?

More like brain-washed; it came out of their cultural heritage, like seppuku, which was considered an honorable way to die. Seppuku was limited to the samurai class, which was, in my opinion, a death cult,  so maybe kamikaze was seen as a way for non-samurai to achieve the same honorable death, since both were practiced within a military culture.

#55    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Oh my, that is sad.
it was BM.
she was fine, a normal person, until her youngest was born, then everything changed for her. she became scared of everything & everyone, and became a total recluse.
the last time I saw her was when my twins were born, shortly before she was taken into hospital. we took them to her house to show her, but she only saw them through the window, as she was too afraid to leave the house, and too scared to let us in, even though i'd known her for 20yrs.
she killed herself the first night in hospital because she was terrified of being there, with people she didn't know, and couldn't handle the situation.
her middle son also has an anxiety disorder, not as bad as hers, but enough to bring him out in hives when he's nervous, and sometimes won't leave his house for weeks at a time, so maybe there's a genetic predisposition?
her other two sons are fine though.

#56    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

dying was never a problem for all living things ... from the tiniest insects to human beings ... it is just human culture that got hung up by putting a 'value' on living ...

death was always and will always be a constant companion to life ... modern society tried to kick death out of reality and suffered the nightmares ever since ...

Posted Image

it all depends on the tune you live your life to ... the view you care to look at and the breath you continue to take every moment of the day

you are the life you make ... you are the lives you take .... you are the life you give ....

if you let death make your decisions for you ... death only can make one ...
if there is death then there is god ... and god will always make more

with OR without you ....

lala la la la la lalala lay lala la la la la lalala lay lalala la la lala lay lalala lay

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#57    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postthe L, on 17 June 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

If your trying to help someone and you know you will probably die I wouldn't think that would be suicide in the true sense of the word.  If a bear attacked my son I would attack the bear even knowing I would most likely die but I wouldn't see it as committing suicide.

#58    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postthe L, on 17 June 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

''greater love for no man hath this, that a man lay down his life for his friends''
John 15:13.

#59    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postshrooma, on 17 June 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

it was BM.
she was fine, a normal person, until her youngest was born, then everything changed for her. she became scared of everything & everyone, and became a total recluse.
the last time I saw her was when my twins were born, shortly before she was taken into hospital. we took them to her house to show her, but she only saw them through the window, as she was too afraid to leave the house, and too scared to let us in, even though i'd known her for 20yrs.
she killed herself the first night in hospital because she was terrified of being there, with people she didn't know, and couldn't handle the situation.
her middle son also has an anxiety disorder, not as bad as hers, but enough to bring him out in hives when he's nervous, and sometimes won't leave his house for weeks at a time, so maybe there's a genetic predisposition?
her other two sons are fine though.

It could be genetic...I don't know but it sure sounds like it... Awww reading that just makes you want to cry...  I have suffered from depression, it was scary, ..It took me a year to pull myself out of it... I never want to go down that road ever again...I fought it and won...I don't want to fight that sort of thing any more...  I'll be honest with you, I was ignorant about it, I never could understand why people treated depression so seriously.. Until years later I found myself in the same boat...It really does open your eyes ... I wouldn't wish it on anyone..

.Gosh, I remember back feeling that all hope was lost  ( it was after the death of my baby girl ) I felt like it was my fault, then i felt scared  everything all at once... I never slept or ate much, I couldn't face answering the phone, this did scare me....   Nightmare, and it shakes you.... Years later I am free from it, I love who I am, my kids keep me sane lol..and I enjoy life.. But only because I fought hard.. .My depression was not as bad as some people, where I wanted to take my own life, but it could have gotten that far, it scares you to think about it....My view on these things have changed dramatically...  I am no longer the ignorant one who would have said - People are selfish that commit suicide etc etc...I think what happened to me opened my eyes for good...

#60    CS Lewis

CS Lewis

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 June 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yes indeed, I agree w all of you. ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users