Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Obama’s popularity surges

questionmark

Fully 60 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of Obama in the new poll, up slightly from October but a clear shift in opinion from an election year in which his ratings hovered in the mid-to-low 50s. And by 39 percent to 26 percent, the president now has more “strongly” positive ratings than strongly negative reviews, breaking a two-year stretch in which intense opposition was on par with (or higher than) intense support.

Obama’s inaugural address earned fewer positive marks and appears to have served mainly as a pep rally, with raving reviews from supporters and plenty of yawns from his opponents. While the speech drew twice as many cheers as jeers — 51 percent approved while 24 percent disapproved — a quarter of Americans had no opinion on the speech. More than eight in 10 Democrats approved of Obama’s second inaugural, but at least three in 10 Republicans and independents have no reaction at all.

Read more

Guess, so much for the "revolutionary' majority.

possibly it's just that people are relieved no to have Romeny, although if that was the case I'm not sure why more didn't vote for him in the first place. Otherwise, I've no idea why this might be.

Obama is wildly popular in most of Asia -- much more than in the States. I think it has to do with some parts of his background. Because of my visits to the US, I had many people somewhat worriedly asking me if I thought he would be re-elected.

Obama is wildly popular in most of Asia -- much more than in the States. I think it has to do with some parts of his background. Because of my visits to the US, I had many people somewhat worriedly asking me if I thought he would be re-elected.

In view that the Republicans put up the "best of every family" to run for Prezz there was never any serious danger of him loosing the election. My question is whether they don't have anybody left with the capacity to win or simply chickened out in view of the bunch of problems Dubya left behind.

• Like 3

You do realize lots and lots of Americans don't vote in these polls, don't even pay attention to the elections anymore. They lost faith due to the constant amnesty that been given out to illegals, which also gives them voting rights. Right now, the illegal population is actually outstripping the native population at the polls. Doesn't help when the media won't report unbiased news.I can see where you don't understand, because you are on the outside looking in, you are not experience it yourself. I can't make myself any clearer. If you or your liberal pals don't even research, why do I even bother to try to teach you the truths? I am just wasting my breaths. Besides I can't understand why you are trying to influence other Americans, real Americans about what is happening in their country. Shouldn't you be more concern with your own damn nation?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

You do realize lots and lots of Americans don't vote in these polls, don't even pay attention to the elections anymore. They lost faith due to the constant amnesty that been given out to illegals, which also gives them voting rights. Right now, the illegal population is actually outstripping the native population at the polls. Doesn't help when the media won't report unbiased news.I can see where you don't understand, because you are on the outside looking in, you are not experience it yourself. I can't make myself any clearer. If you or your liberal pals don't even research, why do I even bother to try to teach you the truths? I am just wasting my breaths. Besides I can't understand why you are trying to influence other Americans, real Americans about what is happening in their country. Shouldn't you be more concern with your own damn nation?

Real Americans are those advocating a dictatorship of "good sense" I know.

Besides, thank you for confirming that some talk without knowing the facts because it fits their prejudices.

And yes, it is a known fact that among all Western democracies the US always was the one with the lowest popular participation. That is not new and not a sign of dissatisfaction, especially considering that the particiation in the '12 election was higher than in '08.

Romney might have lost even without the illegal votes. The instant he became the Republican Nominee I lost all hope of Obama not getting his second term. I'm not sure which of them are worse in all honesty.

Romney might have lost even without the illegal votes. The instant he became the Republican Nominee I lost all hope of Obama not getting his second term. I'm not sure which of them are worse in all honesty.

None of the primary candidates had a chance, and those who had did their best to make themselves impossible as to not get coerced into running.

Its the washington Post. They polled Liberal Democrats in Washington and got a 60% number. These polls dont mean squat. I can buy a poll that says whatever I want it to say and then print it as fact.

• Like 3

Good for him I guess, though I'm sure it will drop in time.

Depends, if he keeps up his "kick Congress" stance he has nothing to loose, even if he gets nothing done. Congress is more unpopular than he is. And that is what he should have been doing since the first term (there are things you can learn from Reagan).

Kicking Congress to violate the Constitution should get him impeached real quickly. Itleast thats what the Oath of Office was for Congress. Let him make one slip. One cigar under the desk and this guys done.

• Like 1

My prediction - in six months folks will be viewing Obama the way they viewed Bush in summer 2005.

How in the hell did that moron get reelected?

• Like 1

My prediction - in six months folks will be viewing Obama the way they viewed Bush in summer 2005.

How in the hell did that moron get reelected?

Maybe because he's not a moron.

Your projecting your hate outwards here and believing it maps well to objective reality - big mistake.

Br Cornelius

His ratings have dipped pretty low before and I do believe the disenfranchised are abstaining from any participation at this point in time. Its roots comes from the outright poo pooing of loud voicing of misjustices on his part. People just have stopped trying to prove there points to him.

You should check the yahoo comments sometime to get a gauge of his popularity. Where are his supporters again ?

• Like 1

His ratings have dipped pretty low before and I do believe the disenfranchised are abstaining from any participation at this point in time. Its roots comes from the outright poo pooing of loud voicing of misjustices on his part. People just have stopped trying to prove there points to him.

You should check the yahoo comments sometime to get a gauge of his popularity. Where are his supporters again ?

I doubt that Obama is very popular, the problem of all others is that they are even less popular.

• Like 1

Please look at the comments section before deciding the validity of this poll. I mean the numbers are STAGGERING:

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-favorability-best-since-09-2-1-approval-120105859--abc-news-politics.html

• Like 2

So another rigged poll? Another lie? Media manipulation?

Watching this makes me sick...

Good president you have... he has no idea how to even begin to solve the debt problem.

Who even cares hes going to court soon and will be found guilty...

• Like 1

More over the debt issue.. listen to this offical..

Kicking Congress to violate the Constitution should get him impeached real quickly. Itleast thats what the Oath of Office was for Congress. Let him make one slip. One cigar under the desk and this guys done.

(seeing as by now, my comments here will have got me on a no-fly list anyway)

You and I both know how the true believers and the puppets in the press will react to any hint of a scandal "it's Republican muckracking", "it's a lie, spread by racists", "Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize, obviously he's not guilty", "ohh look, something shiny!" and ads full of Democrat mouthpieces from Hollywood.

• Like 4

In related news:

Hansel & Gretel is the most popular movie this week!

Obama = a crappy rip-off movie, and a little more than half of Americans think it's fine art.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Just because it's popular doesn't mean they think it's "art", people just enjoy it.

• Like 1

I'd like to make several points.

First if the Americans aren't voting shame on them they don't deserve to have a say, especially when they finally had absentee ballots for people who had to work in some states that may have not been able to in prior elections.

The immigrant thing is not all bad for the US because our system is weakened by not enough younger workers to support social security and medicare. Getting the good kids that were born and raised in this country a way to stay is not such a bad thing in some ways. The boomers won't have to work until they're in their 80's or 90s which seems the way some people want it to be! People don't think about that side of the story.

I remember so many Republicans saying, he's not a leader because he didn't use his powers, it's ironic that they want to take his CFPB which is to protect people and be a non political decisionmaker to the Supreme Court so financial instutions will regulate themselves again through the bought off politicians or just buy more time until the next election. It won't be an independent agency if it's a committee of politicians half D and Half R! Grid lock as usual. Our system is so off track and at stand still but I was still surprised he did it. It was taking the executive power to a level unprecidented. I support the nominees because they do know the system and could make it better. Other Presidents have used the power to create war against terrorism etc. Very creative kind thinking by declaring a war against against gridlock of the system that's lasted for decades instead of doing their job in the best interest of the country.

I don't know how it will all play out but one thing for sure if his plan doesn't work I think it will open the doors to a third party finally having a chance. The whole incident will bring many other things to light.

Edited by White Unicorn

I don't know how it will all play out but one thing for sure if his plan doesn't work out I think it will open the doors to a third party finally having a chance.

That would not be too bad, if there were actually 3 parties in Congress and the majority would have to be sought on a case to case basis. But if that 3d party just makes one of the existing obsolete (as happened all through US history) it will not make much difference.

• Like 1