Jump to content






Photo

Confronting myself

Posted by hybrid33 , 01 April 2012 · 353 views

Astral projecting anxiety growth
I'm just getting over one of the worst flu's I've ever had. I've been so exhausted to try to AP. I would just fall direct into deep sleep. The other night, I really wanted to travel.

I looked up some binaural beats, as I heard that helps. I switched it on and whoa - they sound so much like the sounds I hear as my vibrations typically start.

I fall asleep (as per usual), but am awoken minutes later by the vibrations. I immediately make my exit. Success! A little wobbly standing up, but I straighten myself out.

 I decide this time to stay in my room. I want to get more comfortable with being out of my body, and especially comfortable with seeing myself. I turn around to face my bed to look myself - there I am... asleep. Far out!!!

I can't tell you the rush I get when I just see myself lying there, as well as the anxiety I feel (which I'm trying to conquer). But why do I feel this?? Maybe I'm scared that I'm dead, or that the body is going to wake up and see me. I have no idea. But I know I need to reconcile this fear. This is such an awesome gift and I want to take it far and use it in the best way possible.

I walk slowly towards my body and I must be floating over my bed and over my body. I want to get closer and closer just to inspect it, and as I do - everything is suddenly turning blurry and white and then - zonk! I'm sucked back into my body and I wake up. Too close?? 

I wake up with excitement again - happy I was able to project!

The binaural beats were cool, but I don't want to get dependent on them. Same thing with using thing such as stones and candles, etc. I want to learn to work independent of those. Does that work or does it even matter?

 The above happened about 4 days ago. I've been so tired each night since that I fall right into deep sleep. I'm definitely far off from traveling anytime I want.




This sounds so similar to me.  :rolleyes:  I was there not too long ago. I spent a lot of time in my room, it took a while for me to get comfortable enough to try to leave. I would float above my body just like you described. I knew I wasn't in my body but I didn't quite know what to do yet. I stayed and analyzed things around me, got use to moving at will. Then I started meeting spirits in my room, not sure what kind of spirits they are... but most of them would just talk to me. I think they were trying to get me to come out, I was ready.

Don't worry about falling asleep, try to remember your dreams. Sometimes those can be just as strong. AP doesn't always happen at will for me, mostly it happens on it's own, vibrations will wake me... the rushing sound. If you are able to do it at will you most likely do it unknowingly. Try to keep dream logs, I have a lot of astral dreams. As for the drum beats, it helps me sometimes, I prefer sounds of nature honestly but I don't usually use them unless I've been having trouble concentrating, or just to hear nature.   Do you meditate??
  • Report

Dharma D, on 02 April 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

This sounds so similar to me.  :rolleyes:  I was there not too long ago. I spent a lot of time in my room, it took a while for me to get comfortable enough to try to leave. I would float above my body just like you described. I knew I wasn't in my body but I didn't quite know what to do yet. I stayed and analyzed things around me, got use to moving at will. Then I started meeting spirits in my room, not sure what kind of spirits they are... but most of them would just talk to me. I think they were trying to get me to come out, I was ready.

Wow, weren't you freaked out any when spirits came to your room? I've spoken to a few outside my house, but they're so distant and seem to be doing their own thing. I'd love to meet my guide, and have called out to them many times. I must not be ready yet.

Dharma D, on 02 April 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Don't worry about falling asleep, try to remember your dreams. Sometimes those can be just as strong. AP doesn't always happen at will for me, mostly it happens on it's own, vibrations will wake me... the rushing sound. If you are able to do it at will you most likely do it unknowingly. Try to keep dream logs, I have a lot of astral dreams. As for the drum beats, it helps me sometimes, I prefer sounds of nature honestly but I don't usually use them unless I've been having trouble concentrating, or just to hear nature.   Do you meditate??

I'm not really sure how to meditate. I do have an app on my iPhone, which is a guided meditation. Otherwise, perhaps I can try listening to beautiful nature sounds like you do and just lay there. How do you not fall asleep?  :blush:
  • Report

hybrid888, on 02 April 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Wow, weren't you freaked out any when spirits came to your room? I've spoken to a few outside my house, but they're so distant and seem to be doing their own thing. I'd love to meet my guide, and have called out to them many times. I must not be ready yet.

Yes.. I was. I didn't know what was going on, now I understand it. They are probably my guides, there's a young girl and a man, the man comes around more often but I usually don't get to see his face. I haven't met many spirits but I spend most of my astral time in a jungle that feels very much alive. I feel I commune with it as a whole... plants, animals, breeze. That is actually what began it all, I like you was asking for my guide. I started asking to encounter them in my dreams, I asked for guidance. The first thing I experienced was the jungle. In my dream I walked and walked looking for my guide... I tried a few nights with no result but always in the jungle. Now I think the jungle was the guide, it helped explore and become comfortable in the astral planes.  After this door had been opened things began pouring in. Maybe you can attempt asking for it to come trough in your dreams, it worked wonders for me.


hybrid888, on 02 April 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I'm not really sure how to meditate. I do have an app on my iPhone, which is a guided meditation. Otherwise, perhaps I can try listening to beautiful nature sounds like you do and just lay there. How do you not fall asleep?  :blush:


The best tip I have for you is not to try so hard. Let your emotions pour out of you.... Picture it all leaving your chest, and just breath. Meditation works different for everyone don't stress if a certain method isn't working. My favorite way is to just sit outside listen to the sounds of nature... the wind blowing trough the tress, birds, water. The breeze, especially works for me, it's free, it goes everywhere... let your thoughts leave with it feel it free your soul. I know that sounds kinda wacko, I'm a nature junkie.   :P  When I was younger running worked the best for me. I was very active and found it hard to shut off my thoughts, running I as able to clear my mind and not think about anything just feeling the energy moving trough my body.

I have been an insomniac most of my life, I still struggle with it sometimes but meditation really helps. When I was a teen it was really bad I hardly ever slept, when I did I was experiencing SP and AP was happening without me unknowing. The first time I saw my body freaked me out really bad, I thought I was dead. I became scared of sleeping, I would try to lay there and not sleep. Today it's very easy for me to just lay there and clear my mind. I watch my neural discharges... it's fun. Lately vibrations come very easy for me most of the time it's just a numbness that spreads trough my body tingling like ants and I know it's time.
  • Report

Dharma D, on 03 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Yes.. I was. I didn't know what was going on, now I understand it. They are probably my guides, there's a young girl and a man, the man comes around more often but I usually don't get to see his face. I haven't met many spirits but I spend most of my astral time in a jungle that feels very much alive. I feel I commune with it as a whole... plants, animals, breeze. That is actually what began it all, I like you was asking for my guide. I started asking to encounter them in my dreams, I asked for guidance. The first thing I experienced was the jungle. In my dream I walked and walked looking for my guide... I tried a few nights with no result but always in the jungle. Now I think the jungle was the guide, it helped explore and become comfortable in the astral planes.  After this door had been opened things began pouring in. Maybe you can attempt asking for it to come trough in your dreams, it worked wonders for me.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to read your post.When I first started projecting, I searched for them frantically, but stopped because I thought I was not meant to meet them. It was a bit sad because I felt pretty alone! I never fathomed that a jungle or a place could be your guide. That's quite fascinating. I will take your advice to ask for it to come through my dreams as well. That's exciting!

Dharma D, on 03 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

The best tip I have for you is not to try so hard. Let your emotions pour out of you.... Picture it all leaving your chest, and just breath. Meditation works different for everyone don't stress if a certain method isn't working. My favorite way is to just sit outside listen to the sounds of nature... the wind blowing trough the tress, birds, water. The breeze, especially works for me, it's free, it goes everywhere... let your thoughts leave with it feel it free your soul. I know that sounds kinda wacko, I'm a nature junkie.   :P  When I was younger running worked the best for me. I was very active and found it hard to shut off my thoughts, running I as able to clear my mind and not think about anything just feeling the energy moving trough my body.

Haha, it doesn't sound wacko to me at all. I've never been much into nature. I try to be more these days and I'm learning to appreciate it more and more. Eckhart Tolle's book 'A New Earth' has been helping with that. Do you just go to a park each day and meditate? The ones in my area are gorgeous, but there's just so many people around.

Dharma D, on 03 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

I have been an insomniac most of my life, I still struggle with it sometimes but meditation really helps. When I was a teen it was really bad I hardly ever slept, when I did I was experiencing SP and AP was happening without me unknowing. The first time I saw my body freaked me out really bad, I thought I was dead. I became scared of sleeping, I would try to lay there and not sleep. Today it's very easy for me to just lay there and clear my mind. I watch my neural discharges... it's fun. Lately vibrations come very easy for me most of the time it's just a numbness that spreads trough my body tingling like ants and I know it's time.

Ha! It totally freaked me out the first time I saw my body as well. I shrieked. I could imagine what harm that could cause somebody psychologically, when they don't realise what they're dealing with.

What IS Astral Projecting anyway. Are we just dreaming, or are we truly in the spirit realm?
  • Report

Dharma D, on 03 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Yes.. I was. I didn't know what was going on, now I understand it. They are probably my guides, there's a young girl and a man, the man comes around more often but I usually don't get to see his face. I haven't met many spirits but I spend most of my astral time in a jungle that feels very much alive. I feel I commune with it as a whole... plants, animals, breeze. That is actually what began it all, I like you was asking for my guide. I started asking to encounter them in my dreams, I asked for guidance. The first thing I experienced was the jungle. In my dream I walked and walked looking for my guide... I tried a few nights with no result but always in the jungle. Now I think the jungle was the guide, it helped explore and become comfortable in the astral planes.  After this door had been opened things began pouring in. Maybe you can attempt asking for it to come trough in your dreams, it worked wonders for me.

Well I've been trying the past few nights, praying and asking them to come to me in my dreams.  Still no luck. I can't see them when I AP and can't see them in dreams. I don't know why...  :blink:
  • Report

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

  • Photo
    White Crane Feather
    12 Dec 2012 - 16:20
  • Photo
    Professor T
    12 Dec 2012 - 06:38
  • Photo
    spartan max2
    10 Dec 2012 - 22:41
  • Photo
    notyalcmas93
    09 Dec 2012 - 21:48
  • Photo
    B Randomly
    09 Dec 2012 - 05:16
  • Photo
    Ever Learning
    09 Dec 2012 - 00:07
  • Photo
    Mikko-kun
    29 Apr 2012 - 15:10
  • Photo
    StarMountainKid
    29 Apr 2012 - 01:18
  • Photo
    Cyclosporin
    25 Apr 2012 - 19:56
  • Photo
    Its Mii
    23 Apr 2012 - 15:33
  • Photo
    sarah_444
    21 Apr 2012 - 22:49
  • Photo
    tay123
    21 Apr 2012 - 18:28
  • Photo
    Flibbertigibbet
    21 Apr 2012 - 15:32
  • Photo
    J-hernandez
    19 Apr 2012 - 01:47
  • Photo
    Eldorado
    18 Apr 2012 - 13:12
  • Photo
    FollowTheLights
    18 Apr 2012 - 12:53
  • Photo
    AkashicPath
    17 Apr 2012 - 22:57
  • Photo
    skylight1
    17 Apr 2012 - 22:19
  • Photo
    IronGhost
    17 Apr 2012 - 21:35
  • Photo
    _Only
    17 Apr 2012 - 18:03
  • Photo
    Martin Thorp
    15 Apr 2012 - 22:34
  • Photo
    ealdwita
    15 Apr 2012 - 16:05
  • Photo
    angelstalkr
    15 Apr 2012 - 13:59