Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which do you think is more wrong...

Zinchism

If a man fed a rat to a python and put a video of it online or if a man fed a cat to a python and put a video of it online? I ask this because my brother and I were arguing whether rats or cats have more rights in this society and it all started from a news report on a man who fed a kitten to a python. Thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JaySleeps

• _Only

• Lady_Mercury

• JGirl

If a man fed a rat to a python and put a video of it online or if a man fed a cat to a python and put a video of it online? I ask this because my brother and I were arguing whether rats or cats have more rights in this society and it all started from a news report on a man who fed a kitten to a python. Thoughts?

Do Pythons eat domesticated cats in the wild?

I fed my Boa Rats, but they were " feeders " and dead....Never feed a snake a live animal.( infections from scratches, lots of bacteria in those rats teeth )

Anyway, a domesticated cat is far from a rat....Rats are named " feeder rats " at pet stores, and I have yet to see Cats being bred to feed snakes.

Seeing as how it's the internet, and cats own 78% of the internet, I'd have to say everyone is going to tell you they would be more wrong to see eaten. I can see the YouTube comments now.

This reminds me of my Social Ethics class where we discussed Sentience in animals.

As an animal lover I am a bit torn on this subject. I am inclined to reply that there is no difference between feeding a snake a rat or a cat (here or there ... no difference feeding a snake a rat or a cat anywhere ... OMFG couldn't resist. RIP Dr. Seuss)

However ... we are raised to have positive reactions to cats and negative reactions to rats. I wouldn't want to watch a cat get eaten. I have seen a rat (and a rabbit for that matter) eaten by a snake and it didn't bother me.

As far as the original question though, which is worse? I would have to say that philosophically there are no distinct differences.

They are both animals, both raised (and bred) for domestication. Yes rats exist in the wild as do cats and if given the chance a snake of appropriate size would feast on either.

I recognize no difference, however I wouldn't care to see a cat get eaten. (Even though I am a Dog lover...)

I think feeding any animal to a snake or any other animal is the worst thing you could do! If they catch the food themselves, that's one thing. But when humans feed other animals to a snake or another animal, then it's cruelty.

I think feeding any animal to a snake or any other animal is the worst thing you could do! If they catch the food themselves, that's one thing. But when humans feed other animals to a snake or another animal, then it's cruelty.

Have you seen what is in dog, cat, and fish food?

i think it's wrong to put a video of any creature being eaten by a python online, regardless of whether you prefer cats to rats.

Are you serious? Like, was that for realz? I enjoy hyperbole as much as any bloke, but I am quite sure there are worse things you could do than feed an animal to another animal.

Have you seen what is in dog, cat, and fish food?

Very good point ... most people have NO IDEA!

It's usually horses in dog food isn't it? Same as in hotdogs.

I can't believe someone could feed a kitten to a snake. I hope the snake escapes and chows down on its owner.

Rats are vermin, who cares about them? Yeah, yeah, someone people have them as pets - but unlike rats, cats don't eat and pee on everything in sight. Oh wait...

I don't care much for domesticated animals/pets so I have don't really have an opinion either way. The reason I am commenting is because I do have an Oscar fish that is a relatively good size. We feed him minnows along with his regular food. A couple weeks ago we decided to try feeder goldfish and my daughter had a BIG problem with that, not sure what the difference in her thinking is about the two kinds of fish but I'm betting it goes along with the answer/opinions to the question asked here. Sorry for rambling... just sparked a memory

I'm pretty sure you are correct except for the hotdog part. :D

But soon that will all change after congress quietly lifted the ban on horse meat for human consumption in the US.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2100736,00.html

I don't care much for domesticated animals/pets so I have don't really have an opinion either way. The reason I am commenting is because I do have an Oscar fish that is a relatively good size. We feed him minnows along with his regular food. A couple weeks ago we decided to try feeder goldfish and my daughter had a BIG problem with that, not sure what the difference in her thinking is about the two kinds of fish but I'm betting it goes along with the answer/opinions to the question asked here. Sorry for rambling... just sparked a memory

Difference to her is minnows are ugly and feeder goldfish are pretty! LOL

Maybe not so simple are her reasons to dislike the feeder goldfish scenario, however I think this same line of thinking is what causes people to react negatively to someone feeding a cat to a snake.

For example: Cats are pretty, rats are dirty, snakes are icky.

Cat eats a snake: "Awww, how cute."

Cats eats a rat: "Good job, Mittens!"

Snake eats rat: "That's kinda gross..."

Snake eats cat: "That is cruelty!!!"

An animal is an animal is an animal is an animal ... IMO.

You feed MY cat to YOUR snake though ... we fightin'!

In SOVIET Russia Cat eats the snake!

But in all seriousness if you scale all the above mentioned animals up in size then they would eat you, even the cat!

So the answer is I don't care. :innocent:

Oh .. and BTW it isn't just horse meat in pet food.

What most consumers don’t know is that the pet food industry is an extension of the human food and agriculture industries. Pet food provides a convenient way for slaughterhouse offal, grains considered “unfit for human consumption,” and similar waste products to be turned into profit. This waste includes intestines, udders, heads, hooves, and possibly diseased and cancerous animal parts.

Source

Ultimately I think all living things have the same right to life. Or they wouldn't be here.

Except fish, they are very much meant to be food. I believe they enjoy been eating.

Also the usual beef, chicken, etc.

Except fish, they are very much meant to be food. I believe they enjoy been eating.

Why else do you think lobsters make that joyful squeal when you drop them in the boiling pot?

Why else do you think lobsters make that joyful squeal when you drop them in the boiling pot?

Typical hillbilly lobsters experiencing a hot tub for the first time.

I'm pretty sure you are correct except for the hotdog part. :DBut soon that will all change after congress quietly lifted the ban on horse meat for human consumption in the US. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2100736,00.html

Eww! :hmm:

I saw a doco that said hotdogs contained pig scraps including their eyelids. This might explain why I found what looked like an entire eyebrow in one a while ago.

In SOVIET Russia Cat eats the snake! But in all seriousness if you scale all the above mentioned animals up in size then they would eat you, even the cat! So the answer is I don't care. :innocent:

Kitten Kong! ^_^

As a lifelong vegetabilist I would have to say that there is really not much difference which of the animals is fed to the Python. Pythons eat other animals, most animals without the sentient ability of ethical choice eat other animals ('cept for the herbivores....before someone starts ;-) ). Of course the difference might be that someone is likely to have invested emotionally in the kitty, which makes it worse 'cos it would also be hurting a fellow human. If you were yourself the rat mind, the answer might be different.

N. B. I have been told that hotdogs are 90% lips and arseoles. :o

Absolutely no difference. If the kitten was alive, not only is it yet another demonstration of human cruelty, but also of ignorance.

Cats are pets, rats are pests. I would prefer that the rat ate the snake since snakes are cold-blooded which in my opinion equals evil!