Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 is not a great prediction

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    lynxster

lynxster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• "Woof-woof... woof-woof!"

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Mulder, I first read about the Mayan calender in the early `70`s, Sitchin had nothing to do with it. And for Ra, the first nuclear detonation was at Trinity in New Mexico. How do you think the ETs could have missed that one?

Power corrupts... absolute power is kinda neat!

#17    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

View PostEmmanuel4444, on 11 November 2009 - 01:19 AM, said:

i dont know! about this.. but hey at least I graduate high schooool before dying (if its true)... oh yes.. i graduate in may 2012..

Emmanuel  

Congrats on the graduation, ahead of time; you know in case.  :innocent:  :wacko:  :devil:

[/font] Golden Hawk

#18    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

There are six reasons/myths the Mayan calender shtick should not be believed by anyone with a pulse.

MYTH ONE: The Mayan calender DOES NOT end on 12-12-2012 it recycles itself, DUH! :blink:

MYTH TWO: Break away continents will destroy the earth.  Shifts occur constantly it's called continental drift and the results are called earthquakes.  Such drifts occur 24/7 and movement is usually too slight to even feel  :rofl: (I grew up in California, you don't worry until it hits 4.5 on the RS).

MYTH THREE: A galactic allignment will cause the earth to split apart.  UHM It happens at every Winter and Spring Equanoix :blush:  (never could spell that word).

MYTH FOUR:  There's a PLANET "X" headed our way.  Nope not even.  If there was we would have been studying it for the last ten plus years.

MYTH FIVE: Solar Storms will ravage the planet.  They happen all the time and we are not due for a cycle until @2014.

MYTH SIX:  Maya had predicitions for the future.  YEP, theirs NOT anyone elses, and it was for the ruling elite for a good agricultural season :tu: .

The Maya were not future predictors, besides I find it extremely funny that the very relegious folks are the ones who started this stuff really moving.  If they read their Bible as often as they try to quote it they would know that in Revelation it is clearly stated:

"Not even His Angels in Heaven shall know of the appointed time."

I don't know about anyone else :hmm: , but I sure as heck don't know more than G-D's angels, let alone G-D himself. :innocent:

[/font] Golden Hawk

#19    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

*sigh* 2012 is not the end of the world. The Mayan calendar has never said that and never will say that.  People who believe the predictions and have done their research (not wiki and the Daily Fail or National Expirer) will see that the Mayans spoke not of an end but of the ending of an age of the world;  a change, an alteration, even an awakening.  Apocalypse is the single most understood word in the English language (again, *sigh* Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation").....

the world will not end, we never said that, the sesationalist media said that and the odd whack-job says that, but no-one serious does...

2012 will begin a change in how humans view the world and perhaps the universe, but not be the end of it all

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#20    SaraMarie

SaraMarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• this too shall pass. . . . .

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

So far I agree with tinieblas  the most. My family has discussed 2012 several times. We've all agreed that something will happen but it will not end the world. We also have agreed that our planet may undergo some changes. We discussed the magnetic poles possibly shifting. There is evidence of this happening in the past. Nobody knows what is going to happen, if anything. I agree with the fact that we aren't all going to die and theres nothing to stress over. However, I do beleive that something somewhat small is going to happen.

#21    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:12 AM

I know 2012 is not the end of the world anyway;  I'm going to be fine until 2021 so, I believe, shall be many more people.

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#22    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

View Postreadyfor2013, on 10 November 2009 - 11:42 PM, said:

2012 is fake!
stop worrying.
the mayans were still making calenders
and 2012 was the last year before
a tribe came and wiped out the whole tribe.
im 13 and i was worrying about
this so i did alot of research on this.
yes i worry about the planets lining up and freezing us.
im very open minded and i dont like it.
but science shows this is a preposterous prediction.
all these theories of doomsday have all been wrong.
why should this be any different?
believe god and trust he will suprise us

Wrong.  The Mayas did believe a great event would happend in 2012.  They believed their Great Serpent Dragon God Kuculcan would return to the earth on that date and possibly cause floods as the ancient Codex depicts him vomiting up a torrent of water.  Perhaps this is a prediction of global warming melting the polar caps.

#23    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

View Postdraconic chronicler, on 16 November 2009 - 01:28 PM, said:

Wrong.  The Mayas did believe a great event would happend in 2012.  They believed their Great Serpent Dragon God Kuculcan would return to the earth on that date and possibly cause floods as the ancient Codex depicts him vomiting up a torrent of water.  Perhaps this is a prediction of global warming melting the polar caps.

Long time, no see DC. How're you mate? And no, the mayan did not believe a great event would happen in 2012, since
a) the calculations are about 208 years off target
B) the calendar is just ending a cycle and a new one will start

OK, now that this 2012 nonsense is out of the way, I have a question,for you DC. As far as I know, Kuculcan was the Maya supreme god, to whom the Maya attributed many functions. Not only was he a god of the four elements, he was also a creator god and the god of resurrection and reincarnation. He originated from Toltec myth, where he was a divine hero who taught the Toltecs laws, fishing, healing, the calendar, and agriculture. He emerged from the ocean, and disappeared in it afterwards.

What I would like to know though, is where you found the prediction about him coming back, vomiting water, because you're the first I heard ever mentioning this.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users