Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5686    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostSaru, on 25 January 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

This thread does seem to be drifting away from the 'ancient aliens' concept.
Can we try to keep things sensible and on-topic please.

Agreed mate, 'Ancient Aliens' covers far too wide a field, no wonder it keeps fragmenting into different directions such as jigsaw stones, crop circles, UFO's, ley lines, Shakespeare, ancient scripture etc and has run to over 5000 posts and has become hard to follow; so maybe it should be locked down right now?

#5687    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,512 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostCrikey, on 25 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Agreed mate, 'Ancient Aliens' covers far too wide a field, no wonder it keeps fragmenting into different directions such as jigsaw stones, crop circles, UFO's, ley lines, Shakespeare, ancient scripture etc and has run to over 5000 posts and has become hard to follow; so maybe it should be locked down right now?
I don't think there's any need for thaat, talking about ley lines and standing stones frankly makes a bit of a change from endlessly talking about walls that may or may not have been constructed by the Incas.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5688    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,219 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 25 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I don't think there's any need for thaat, talking about ley lines and standing stones frankly makes a bit of a change from endlessly talking about walls that may or may not have been constructed by the Incas.

I suppose it depends on which tree will bear fruit.

Personally, I can't see a tree for miles.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5689    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,388 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostCrikey, on 25 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Logic it out mate, medieval villagers in Alton Priors noticed that UFO's (which they regarded as demons) seemed to be following invisible "trails" that took them over a set of stones in the area, so they uprooted them and buried them in the consecrated ground beneath the church in the hope that it'd put a stop to it.
But it disrupted the UFO "airways" system and the UFO's lost their bearings, resulting in the high incidence of crop circles and UFO sightings in the area that occur to the present day as the craft try to get back on course.

Are you basing this off actual legends or conjecture?  The 1,700 year old yew in front of the church would tend tend to imply the stones were already there and the site co-opted as a church due to it's sacred nature.
I would point out that the great number of stones within a small area would tend to preclude their usefulness as navigation aids. Also, if the stones themselves give off signals, wouldn't either the bedrock they came from or that underlying them interfere with it?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#5690    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Wow...usually when I come home and check this thread I have to read a lot to get caught up!
Look at that...exactly 12 hours since anyone has posted here.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#5691    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,041 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

So lets assume for a moment that our extra-planetary observers are using standing stones as guidance devices. It would mean that there would have to be similar devices across the globe.
North America - hmm ... not sure.
Peru and South America - Check.
PAcific Ocean (Easter Island) - Check.
Asia - Check.
UK - Checkedy-Check.
Europe - Check.
Australia .... wait a minute.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5692    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I think that the "ET using standing stones as guidance devices" belief is even sillier than the crops circles.

Laughable really.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5693    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Here in the good old U of S A  most peeps are not standing stoned !

This is a Work in Progress!

#5694    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostOniomancer, on 25 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

You like Shakespeare crikey? here's one for you:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek.
[1596 Shakespeare Merchant of Venice i. iii. 93]

Yes I know, I've been in running battles with fundy cults and crackpots on the internet for the past 11 years, it's great fun busting their asses.. :)

Posted Image

But staying on topic, I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere back in the 5,600 posts of this thread, but can anybody tell me why each stone in the Tokyo Imperial Palace jigsaw wall (below) is usually a different colour to the ones next to it?
I mean, if they all came from the same original big block in the quarry, why aren't they all the same colour and texture?

Posted Image

Edited by Crikey, 26 January 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#5695    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,219 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostCrikey, on 26 January 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yes I know, I've been in running battles with fundy cults and crackpots on the internet for the past 11 years, it's great fun busting their asses.. :)

Posted Image

But staying on topic, I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere back in the 5,600 posts of this thread, but can anybody tell me why each stone in the Tokyo Imperial Palace jigsaw wall (below) is usually a different colour to the ones next to it?
I mean, if they all came from the same original big block in the quarry, why aren't they all the same colour and texture?

Posted Image

Could be a number of things, lichen, moisture, absorption of various chemicals/liquids, leeching, exposure to the elements etc. etc. any of which could conceivably have happened between quarrying and construction.

Why would different colored stones be an indication of something amiss?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5696    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,512 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Could be a number of things, lichen, moisture, absorption of various chemicals/liquids, leeching, exposure to the elements etc. etc. any of which could conceivably have happened between quarrying and construction.

Why would different colored stones be an indication of something amiss?
looks like some of th blocks were taken from one side of the quarry, where they were darkened by Weathering, and the others hadn't been exposed to weathering so much.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5697    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

heres one from a convert. lets please get something other than rocks as evidence...please I want to believe...again....

#5698    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Ancient Olmecs and Dwarf Aliens

Posted Image

The Olmecs were the first to leave signs of their culture for succeeding civilizations to contemplate, but the colossal stone heads, each carved from basalt rock weighing as much as 30 tons procured from hundreds of miles away, raise more questions than they answer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ancient Egypt The dwarf-like god Bes

Posted Image

#5699    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Ancient Egypt Alien Abduction and Cattle Mutilation Connection?

Posted Image
Sculpture of Hathor as a cow, with all of her symbols, the sun disk, the cobra, as well as her necklace and crown.

Posted Image
Hathor was a cow-goddess, depicted as a cow, a cow-headed woman, or a woman with a cow's horns and ears. She was known as the Golden One, Lady of Love, Music and Intoxication, and her main cult centre was at Dendera.

She was a symbol of motherhood and fertility, the suckler of the king, and the patron-goddess of unmarried women.

Posted Image

Also, with the help of the dwarf-like god Bes, she protected women in childbirth.

Posted Image

Dwarf alien described in alien abductions.

Posted Image

In this study, they transferred rat, pig, sheep, and monkey nuclei into gutted cow eggs. These rat, pig, sheep, and monkey embryos reached a key stage in their early development — the formation of blastocyst-like structures — within periods of time that were appropriate for their respective species, though not for cattle. This gives us a preliminary indication that the residual bovine dna had no effect on the young embryos and that animals cloned in this way would not exhibit any hybrid characteristics.

Cloning Red Herrings By David Longtin and Duane C. Kraemer.

#5700    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,512 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

What will these Scientists think of next. Was there any particular reason for doing this, or was it just to show off, once again, how clever they are?

H. P. Lovecraft.