Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People gored (again) on the annual bull run

seeder

You know, just about every year I see similar stories and pics of people being flung about by raging bulls, impaled on their horns and generally tossed about like rag dolls.

But...every year, others seem quite willing to have a go.

At least 23 people were injured in a stampede at the San Fermin bull run in Pamplona, when bulls that had chased them down the cobbled streets were crushed against them at the narrow entrance to the bullring.

http://www.telegraph...a-bull-run.html

In our (UK) nanny state and due to elf and safety this wouldn't happen

Edited by Saru
Replaced article source (Rule 2a)

Well, serves 'em right, bloody fools, thinking they're Ernest Hemingway.

• Like 1

Well, serves 'em right, bloody fools, thinking they're Ernest Hemingway.

:tu: and the daftest thing is...there will be more runners next year... :no:

Go, bulls! :yes: Drugging, enraging, scaring and killing an animal like that...poor bulls at least deserve some revenge.

• Like 2

Go, bulls! :yes: Drugging, enraging, scaring and killing an animal like that...poor bulls at least deserve some revenge.

:tu: Especially before they end up as burgers and steaks and dog food and glue, and leather belts and handbags,

(Are) humans the only animal that is attracted to danger and life-threatening situations?

Good point. I don't know the answer to your question, but some humans seems to have a special attraction to danger, be it free-climbing, wrestling with dangerous animals, extreme sports, etc...

Would be curious to see if this behavior is found in any other species(in their own way, of course)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would play out with other animals, but i was just curious.

All I can think of is some male species during mating season.

Do human males do this kind of stuff because males don't have to fight anymore over maybe a few females.

(Not meaning to be sexist, I know women do extreme stuff too, but I think the men "started it" and possibly do it for different reasons and with different motivation)