Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Curry for sheep could curb global warming'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,612 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

Curry spices could hold the key to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, scientists claimed today.

Research has found that coriander and turmeric - spices traditionally used to flavour curries - can reduce the amount of methane produced by sheep by up to 40 per cent.

Working a bit like an antibiotic, the spices were found to kill the methane-producing ''bad'' bacteria in the animal's gut while allowing the ''good'' bacteria to flourish.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Dougal

Dougal

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

hmm, pre-spiced lamb.....

epic.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#3    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

View PostDougal, on 06 July 2010 - 02:54 PM, said:

hmm, pre-spiced lamb.....

epic.

\o/ I was thinking the same damned thing!  XD  reading that just.. mmmm pre-spiced lamb for kebabs and gyros... yes please..

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#4    Druidus-Logos

Druidus-Logos

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Great news, I hope it is developed to the fullest.

~I am a dark melody of chaos and order, a shadowed figure painted upon the heavens of dusk.~
Censorship has always been used as a tool to subjugate minority ideas, regardless of validity.  Used to delegitimize certain points of view.  This kind of arbitary censorship will always be an injustice to humanity; it tries to brush ideas under the rug.  It forces the adoption of certain mainstream views, making it impossible to teach, learn, or speak about ideas that the censors disagree with.  This will always be unethical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users