Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#6991    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,245 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 13 February 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Let me get this straight. They're actually using the fact that the room is square as evidence?

Well gee, I wonder what else can we find with regular dimensions that might have unknown power generating abilities?

heres something I just had a great laugh about...

"Here, Dunn stretches our credulity to the limit. His proposal goes like this: a microwave signal from space entered the King’s Chamber via its northern ‘airshaft’ and had its power boosted by a ‘crystal box amplifier’ contained in the sarcophagus. This microwave signal then stimulated the energised hydrogen atoms, causing them to emit microwave energy. This process having repeated itself exponentially, the microwave energy was collected in a receiver contained in the mouth of the southern ‘airshaft’ and thence up through the shaft to the outside of the Pyramid. There, it was beamed up to an orbiting satellite, which in turn channelled the energy back to Earth to provide electricity.

:clap:

and

"There are several comments to be made here.

Firstly, the mouth of the northern airshaft is cut too high in the wall to align with the sarcophagus, so any incoming microwave signal would have passed right over the top of it. It is not clear how it could have interacted with any equipment inside the box.

Secondly, Dunn assumes that the sarcophagus had no lid (pp. 189, 222) and that the signal interacted with hydrogen atoms inside the box. But there is clear evidence that the sarcophagus did originally have a lid and that it was hermetically sealed (see my book Pyramid of Secrets, pp. 73-74). I am not entirely certain how this affects Dunn’s theory, but there could not have been any hydrogen in the box.

A pretty good read is that site

"A CRITIQUE OF CHRISTOPHER DUNN’S GIZA POWER PLANT THEORY"

http://www.eridu.co..../rivaldunn.html

:tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6992    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postzoser, on 13 February 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Brilliant when these logistics come together.

Okay.  Well, I did ask first:

Logistics - (business definition) Logistics is defined as a business planning framework for the management of material, service, information and capital flows. It includes the increasingly complex information, communication and control systems required in today's business environment. -- (Logistix Partners Oy, Helsinki, FI, 1996)

Logistics - (military definition) The science of planning and carrying out the movement and maintenance of forces.... those aspects of military operations that deal with the design and development, acquisition, storage, movement, distribution, maintenance, evacuation and disposition of material; movement, evacuation, and hospitalization of personnel; acquisition of construction, maintenance, operation and disposition of facilities; and acquisition of furnishing of services. -- (JCS Pub 1-02 excerpt)

Logistics - The procurement, maintenance, distribution, and replacement of personnel and materiel. -- (Websters Dictionary)

Logistics - 1. The branch of military operations that deals with the procurement, distribution, maintenance, and replacement of materiel and personnel. 2. The management of the details of an operation.
[French logistiques, from logistique, logic (perhaps influenced by loger, to quarter), from Medieval Latin logisticus, of calculation.] -- (American Heritage Dictionary)

Logistics - ...the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements." Note that this definition includes inbound, outbound, internal, and external movements, and return of materials for environmental purposes. -- (Reference: Council of Logistics Management, http://www.clm1.org/mission.html, 12 Feb 98)

Logistics - The process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, cost effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for the purpose of meeting customer requirements. -- (Reference: Canadian Association of Logistics Management, http://www.calm.org/.../AboutCALM.html, 12 Feb, 1998)

Logistics - The science of planning, organizing and managing activities that provide goods or services. -- (MDC, LogLink / LogisticsWorld, 1997)

Logistics - Logistics is the science of planning and implementing the acquisition and use of the resources necessary to sustain the operation of a system. -- (Reference: ECRC University of Scranton / Defense Logistics Agency Included with permission from: HUM - The Government Computer Magazine "Integrated Logistics" December 1993, Walter Cooke, Included with permission from: HUM - The Government Computer Magazine.)

Logist - To perform logistics functions or processes. The act of planning, organizing and managing activities that provide goods or services. (The verb "to logist." Eg. She logisted the last operation. I will logist the next operation. I am logisting the current operation. We logist the operations. The operations are well logisted.) -- (MDC, LogLink / LogisticsWorld, 1997)

Pick any of these, or any of the other definitions of the term at the source.  Even if you refuse to use the term correctly, at least now even the ignorant will see that you are a member of their cadre.

QED

Do you need a link to what this means too?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#6993    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postzoser, on 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

It is.  Remember the story of Siemens and his associate who almost got knocked unconscious after an electric shock?  Where do you suppose that came from?  

I have yet to find the original account but my first question would be what was the weather like when he did this? St. Elmo's fire for instance has a direct correlation with height:

http://www.garywalla...-st-elmos-fire/

It's also well known that sandstorms generate an electrostatic effect which actually contributes to their formation in a feedback loop

http://www.eurekaler...m-esf010708.php

I've never been to Egypt but I hear it's pretty dry. Anyone know if there's any sand there?

I notice there's no mention in fringe re-tellings of the account exactly how long it took him to charge that homebrew leyden jar,

Remember also that much stone has been removed and many items are missing.  Several explosive detonations have not helped either is my guess.   In short vandalism.

Here we go again. Missing equipment is sound reasoning but missing grave goods is crazy talk. The old fringe double standard.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6994    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,620 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Just started listening to this.....which includes Margaret Morris and Chris Dunn....

Published on 11 Dec 2012

Date: 01-10-07
Host: George Noory
Guests: Christopher Dunn, Michel Barsoum, Margaret Morris, Robert M. Schoch

Michel Barsoum, Christopher Dunn, Margaret Morris, and Robert Schoch discussed the function and construction of the pyramids, and addressed the topic of whether the stones were cut or poured.

Barsoum, a Professor of materials engineering at Drexel University, participated in a recent study which suggested that around 20% of the Great Pyramid was made out of a substance similar to concrete. Citing the work of Joseph Davidovits, he described how the pyramid builders may have used limestone rubble and other ingredients to end up with a mud-like compound.

Researcher Margaret Morris posited that the bulk of the Great Pyramid is made of synthetic stone, except for later restoration blocks. An electromagnetic study of the Pyramid's composition found moisture-- data consistent with the use of hydraulic cement (which has bound water molecules), she reported. There are no quarries of a suitable size in the area for such large blocks to have come from, she added.

Engineer and author Christopher Dunn said that cutting and pouring techniques are not mutually exclusive, but to rely on a simplistic explanation does the ancient Egyptians a disservice. He believes they made use of precise and sophisticated machinery that we'd be hard pressed to match today. The Great Pyramid was a "power plant" used to relieve earthquake pressures, he commented.

Author and researcher Robert Schoch concluded that the Great Pyramid was not primarily a tomb and was built over a long period of time in various stages. At different times, it served different functions, including religious or sacred purposes. Astronomical observations were taken there and it may have also been developed as a response to catastrophes, he said. Dunn and Schoch answered callers' questions in the last hour.

should be interesting..... :tu:

Posted Image

#6995    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Better picture pictures of the phenomena:

http://www.gizapyram...rch article.htm

I hope you are logging all of these researchers seeder.

All good names for your collection.

Dingo

Here is your evidence of arcing.

Look at the part where he shows how the scorch marks align with the slots in the grand gallery.  Dunn always asserted that these slots contained essential equipment.

Brilliant when these logistics come together.

QED

A lot of things can be made to fit together. There are at least 4 different powerplant theories plus a giant water pump theory, all just as carefully thought out linking together every last detail. Problem is, they can't all be right. You yourself have been discussing 2 theories in almost direct opposition to each other.

Logical internal consistency is not an automatic indicator of truth. At risk of casting aspersions,  it's a common factor noted in the assessment of delusional disorder. Look at any conspiracy theory, how all the facts "match" perfectly no matter how far-fetched the premise.

Also reference to discolouration of the granite box.  Made of red granite but now appears 'chocolate brown'.

Incredible implications from such simple observations.  Yet Egyptologists never notice these things.

More like somebody already spotted it and leaped on it as significant without bothering to check if there was a simple explanation already well-known to said Egyptologists, such as a source of matching brown granite.

BTW, are you going to attempt to explain the significance of the uranium at all or try to dazzle me again with some new startling revelation, such as the sky being blue?

Edited by Oniomancer, 13 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6996    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 13 February 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

It's also well known that sandstorms generate an electrostatic effect which actually contributes to their formation in a feedback loop

At the risk of giving zoser a third theory of how the pyramids were power plants, this could actually work. The granite would be a good insulator for something like copper plates on the outside of the pyramid which would be pounded with electrically charged sand during sand storms.

#6997    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,122 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 February 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

heres something I just had a great laugh about...

"Here, Dunn stretches our credulity to the limit. His proposal goes like this: a microwave signal from space entered the King’s Chamber via its northern ‘airshaft’ and had its power boosted by a ‘crystal box amplifier’ contained in the sarcophagus. This microwave signal then stimulated the energised hydrogen atoms, causing them to emit microwave energy. This process having repeated itself exponentially, the microwave energy was collected in a receiver contained in the mouth of the southern ‘airshaft’ and thence up through the shaft to the outside of the Pyramid. There, it was beamed up to an orbiting satellite, which in turn channelled the energy back to Earth to provide electricity.

:clap:

:tu:
Well, if it was the same people as brought us the walls at Puma Punko, they did seem to go in for making everything as complicated as they possibly could, didn't they ... :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#6998    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postzoser, on 12 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Anyway.  Nothing yet to disprove the generator theories, but at least people are giving the matter some thought.

I guarantee that no one will.  Simply because that is what the GP was.  Can't say for sure that that is what they all were because I haven't had time to look in detail at the others.

Busy tonight; working late.  Apologies if I haven't replied to everyone.

See you tomorrow.

Z

I'm no scientist nor an expert in anything but let me disprove the generator theory.

You have water coming in one of the air shafts at 8400 gallons a minute according to the site you linked to in a previous post.  It flows out the kings chamber, down the grand gallery and comes to a stop at the first granite plug.  It starts to back up evntually filling the kin's chamber.  I estimate an hour to an hour and a half based on the fact it would have to fill the horizontal passage, queen's chamber, grand gallery and king's chamber.  Eventually it does fill it.

Since the pyramid would have to be sealed for this to work, how would they prevent the reaction from taking place until the water had covered the sarcophagus?

Now the reation is going, the water around the sarcophagus is heating up and turning to steam.  Where does the steam go?  The link said out the other air shaft but wait a minute, the shafts are about 3 feet off the floor, about even with the top of the sarcophagus, while the steam is forming at the top of the king's chamber.  In fact as the steam forms and pressure builds, the water level goes down.  The steam can't go out the other air shaft until the pressure is great enough to force the water level down past the level of the air shaft.

With the water level decreasing to the point that the top part of the sarcophagus is no longer under water, it is no longer sufficiently cooled, the heat rises and it reaches the point that the water coming into the pyramid hits the sarcophagus and immediately turns to steam.  The reult of this is a nuclear meltdown/explosion.

For the sake of discussion let us say it works perfectly.  What benefit would there be?  I remember you said the granite would generate electricity and the sandstone or limestone would conduct it or something like that.  Unfortunately that wouldn't happen.  Electricity always seeks ground and always uses the path of least resistance, which in this case would be the water in the kings chamber.  The electricity would enter the water and follow the incoming stream to it's source and ground.  There would be no way to utilize the electricity.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#6999    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,245 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 13 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well, if it was the same people as brought us the walls at Puma Punko, they did seem to go in for making everything as complicated as they possibly could, didn't they ... :unsure2:

Like a Heath Robinson machine...a very complicated way to do a simple task!  And you can see how the author is clutching at straws, with 'what if's' and 'maybes' all the time.. heck you could insist the same theory applies in old English castles, or churches too...

How come the aliens or ancients, having been in a very hot place and sunny like Egypt...simply didn't utilize solar power?  I mean you do less work to harness that INCREDIBLE source of constant power, than you do to build pyramids, vibrate granite, then build and place a satellite in space that catches microwave energy from the pyramid....and then beams it back down as electric?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7000    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 February 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Like a Heath Robinson machine...a very complicated way to do a simple task!  And you can see how the author is clutching at straws, with 'what if's' and 'maybes' all the time.. heck you could insist the same theory applies in old English castles, or churches too...

How come the aliens or ancients, having been in a very hot place and sunny like Egypt...simply didn't utilize solar power?  I mean you do less work to harness that INCREDIBLE source of constant power, than you do to build pyramids, vibrate granite, then build and place a satellite in space that catches microwave energy from the pyramid....and then beams it back down as electric?

Anything worth doing is worth doing the Rube Goldberg way

Posted Image

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#7001    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostHazzard, on 13 February 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

In FRINGE there is no such thing as a leap too big.

Amen to that, hazz.

Wasnt it Lilly who said that - An open mind is like an open window, without a good screen you get all sorts of weird buggs.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#7002    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,847 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostDBunker, on 13 February 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Amen to that, hazz.

Wasnt it Lilly who said that - An open mind is like an open window, without a good screen you get all sorts of weird buggs.
I agree with Lilly   on that one ! And Sweet Bee ! please,the key words on the way too Long Coast to Coast tape was the use of the word maybe and Some ! Some of the blocks were maybe made of a composite ? Hum THat sounds a bit Iffy !

This is a Work in Progress!

#7003    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,738 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postscowl, on 13 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

At the risk of giving zoser a third theory of how the pyramids were power plants, this could actually work. The granite would be a good insulator for something like copper plates on the outside of the pyramid which would be pounded with electrically charged sand during sand storms.

Brilliant! At least that theory complies with the known properties of electricity. Now all that's missing is an ancient equivalent of the HAARP weather control device to have sandstorms at will. :innocent:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7004    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

While I applaud everyone's valiant attempt to discredit the pyramid-as-generator hypothesis, what you're all failing to realize is that the pyramid was actually built upside down, with the point sticking into the earth. Then, when it had outlived it's usefulness it was gently flipped onto it's wide top using a alienz aunty gravy device to prevent it from falling over on some poor schmo.

I seen it on youtube so it haz to be true.

#7005    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 14 February 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

I agree with Lilly   on that one ! And Sweet Bee ! please,the key words on the way too Long Coast to Coast tape was the use of the word maybe and Some ! Some of the blocks were maybe made of a composite ? Hum THat sounds a bit Iffy !

99% of Coast 2 Coast is utter and pure BUNK.... Very entertaining sometimes, but far, far away from reality.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins