Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sleep Paralysis & Hallucinations

dreams sleep hallucinations sleep paralysis

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16    Exodus87

Exodus87

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 15 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Exodus, you have a talent, you can easily create an OOBE when you hear the noises and feel the energy.

I hadn't experienced anything unexplained up until this week, the only thing that's changed is I've had slightly less sleep 6 hours rather than my usual 8 hours. I've been hearing a light rining noise through-out this week (26\11\12 - 30\11\12) during the day.

On the night of the 29\11\12 I switched the light off before going to bed at 22:30 and paid attention to the ringing noise as I feel as asleep. I drempt that the backdoor in the house was wide open despite being locked and envisioned that this would have likely been my brothers doing. I awoke at 04:50 to find my light on with the door still closed and the downstairs bathroom light was now as I could hear the fan running. I layed in bed for a short while, then heard my dad awaken to get ready for work. Once he was downstairs I heard him switch the bathroom light off before leaving, I checked the house but found nothing suspicous.

I slowly drifted in and out of sleep while having vivid dreams about various locations in my room until 06:00 I then closed my eyes once more, I heard the ringing noise and as I relaxed it would get louder until I was in a trance unable to move. At this point the ringing became a bright lightening storm with thunder and I fealt my legs moving up and down but I was also unable to breath. I immediatley forced myself to awaken and was out of the trance with-in a few seconds.

I can still hear the ringing noise slightly loader than normal even now, as I perform normal morning tasks I notice that everything sounds much loader. There are a lot more random noises in the house this morning (crakes and creaks) as my hearing is so much clearer I hear them all. It's strange I feel almost scared like something is in the house with me, I can see things that aren't there in the corner of my eye but when I check it's nothing.

#17    Chanel-

Chanel-

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• I rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not (^_^)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Be glad you didn't have the scary hallucination from sleep paralysis about Heaven and Hell....

I was in a paralyzed state and I saw -the hallucination- of heaven and hell right next to each other,

The colors of gold and white, were the colors I saw,I saw a gold gate, clouds and sun, I felt happiness, pure, joy. it was beautiful!

Now Hell was right next to heaven and I remember a dark room, a red figure standing in the dark room, I felt scared and possessed by negativity.

While in this state of Sleep Paralysis I hear -From somewhere- , "Obey me or you will go to hell/die"

That scared me and after I heard that, I tried everything i could to wake up, AND FINALLY I DID.

For a while my sleep paralysis stopped but now it started back up again.

-Nelly Was Here-

#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostExodus87, on 30 November 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

I hadn't experienced anything unexplained up until this week, the only thing that's changed is I've had slightly less sleep 6 hours rather than my usual 8 hours. I've been hearing a light rining noise through-out this week (26\11\12 - 30\11\12) during the day.

On the night of the 29\11\12 I switched the light off before going to bed at 22:30 and paid attention to the ringing noise as I feel as asleep. I drempt that the backdoor in the house was wide open despite being locked and envisioned that this would have likely been my brothers doing. I awoke at 04:50 to find my light on with the door still closed and the downstairs bathroom light was now as I could hear the fan running. I layed in bed for a short while, then heard my dad awaken to get ready for work. Once he was downstairs I heard him switch the bathroom light off before leaving, I checked the house but found nothing suspicous.

I slowly drifted in and out of sleep while having vivid dreams about various locations in my room until 06:00 I then closed my eyes once more, I heard the ringing noise and as I relaxed it would get louder until I was in a trance unable to move. At this point the ringing became a bright lightening storm with thunder and I fealt my legs moving up and down but I was also unable to breath. I immediatley forced myself to awaken and was out of the trance with-in a few seconds.

I can still hear the ringing noise slightly loader than normal even now, as I perform normal morning tasks I notice that everything sounds much loader. There are a lot more random noises in the house this morning (crakes and creaks) as my hearing is so much clearer I hear them all. It's strange I feel almost scared like something is in the house with me, I can see things that aren't there in the corner of my eye but when I check it's nothing.
I remember those days. :) when everything was strange, and those feelings scary. Try and relax and accept everything without judgment.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    constantine_337

constantine_337

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Love is the law of the universe. Hatred is a disease that kills nations.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Found this video. Worth a watch.

Posted Image

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

#20    FantasticBLurs

FantasticBLurs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sleep paralysis sucks lol its happened to me a few times but I never really experimented with it. It only happened to me in a span of 2 weeks, about 2 times each week. Scared me, but it does happen.

#21    Exodus87

Exodus87

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 30 November 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I remember those days. :) when everything was strange, and those feelings scary. Try and relax and accept everything without judgment.

That's a very interesting watch, there are a lot of possible explanations mentioned. It's relieving to know that I'm far from alone in my experiences, thanks for sharing.

#22    Seeking Bliss

Seeking Bliss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hello all,

I also experienced sleep paralysis constantly. I tried to understand why this was happening, and how i can make it go away. After much researching i came across a website that helped me understand that this problem had a spiritual root cause. I will like to share this article you can also find it beneficial.

http://spiritualrese...ralysis-causes/

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostSeeking Bliss, on 01 December 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Hello all,

I also experienced sleep paralysis constantly. I tried to understand why this was happening, and how i can make it go away. After much researching i came across a website that helped me understand that this problem had a spiritual root cause. I will like to share this article you can also find it beneficial.

http://spiritualrese...ralysis-causes/
Sigh..... The event is a challenge like all difficult  events rise above it and master it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#24    dochumanoid

dochumanoid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

i have had episodes as a child awaking and not being able to move. of course the grownups never believed me.

fast forward 30 years, i am a physician with a family. two nights ago, i had an unsettling yet interesting experience. i had awoken around 4 am, annoyed that the damn kids woke me up again.  Indeed, I felt my daughter's hoping movements on the bed. my face was turned to the side with a pillow partially covering it.  When i couldn't see my daughter from the angle, i tried to turn my head and couldn't. that proved that i was in a sleep paralysis episode and actually made me at ease. i think i would have been more upset if i could move.  i look again and saw my infant son had fallen asleep on my chest. i felt an impish and uneasy sense and then while wide awake saw a fuzzy figure emerge next to him. it was white and hazy and about his size, the face was fuzzy like a bad reception, but did differ from his, it was more tapered. it vaguely smiled at me. couple more moments pass, i slip back into sleep and awake again this time able to move and my son sleeping soundly on my chest.

it is definitely unsettling, and i hate for anyone to have to go through this. everything was real. i had all my senses. not being able to move actually helped me confirm that it was a sleep paralysis episode and comforted me. paralysis rather than a cause of panic is actaully your body's way to protect itself. whether it is our medical way of explaining ghostly or alien encounters, reality testing within a sub reality sandbox is definitely interesting. in the end it felt kinda interesting, like putting on 3d glasses to watch Avatar.

Edited by dochumanoid, 03 December 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#25    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

View Postdochumanoid, on 03 December 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

i have had episodes as a child awaking and not being able to move. of course the grownups never believed me.

fast forward 30 years, i am a physician with a family. two nights ago, i had an unsettling yet interesting experience. i had awoken around 4 am, annoyed that the damn kids woke me up again.  Indeed, I felt my daughter's hoping movements on the bed. my face was turned to the side with a pillow partially covering it.  When i couldn't see my daughter from the angle, i tried to turn my head and couldn't. that proved that i was in a sleep paralysis episode and actually made me at ease. i think i would have been more upset if i could move.  i look again and saw my infant son had fallen asleep on my chest. i felt an impish and uneasy sense and then while wide awake saw a fuzzy figure emerge next to him. it was white and hazy and about his size, the face was fuzzy like a bad reception, but did differ from his, it was more tapered. it vaguely smiled at me. couple more moments pass, i slip back into sleep and awake again this time able to move and my son sleeping soundly on my chest.

it is definitely unsettling, and i hate for anyone to have to go through this. everything was real. i had all my senses. not being able to move actually helped me confirm that it was a sleep paralysis episode and comforted me. paralysis rather than a cause of panic is actaully your body's way to protect itself. whether it is our medical way of explaining ghostly or alien encounters, reality testing within a sub reality sandbox is definitely interesting. in the end it felt kinda interesting, like putting on 3d glasses to watch Avatar.
Nice story... From a physician non the less. So what do you think? Obviously the paralysis itself is a necessary biological function but what about the rest?

Bruce Lee-

#26    constantine_337

constantine_337

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Love is the law of the universe. Hatred is a disease that kills nations.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nice story... From a physician non the less. So what do you think? Obviously the paralysis itself is a necessary biological function but what about the rest?

I'll take a crack at it.

From I scientific explanation one would assume that during a sp episode, the experiencer is still in a dream state but they are aware of the surroundings and paralysis. So I would think that they are still able to create dreams but only, the dreams would be seen in reality since the said person has their eyes open.

Why are most of sp episodes frightning?

For anyone one to wake up paralyzed, would be a terrifying experience. The feeling of helplessness and vulnerability would create a tremendous amount of fear. In my opinion the amount of fear one might experience just from being paralyzed, will create horrific thoughts therefor creating horrific dreams such as shadows, demons sitting on ones chest, alien abductions, and so forth. So basically someone who is having a sp episode is having a nightmare while awake, so its seems real. The nightmare is played out in reality so to say.

Posted Image

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

#27    Boggled

Boggled

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I had a very strange experience last night! I woke up at 3am then went down stairs to drink a glass of water. When I got back into bed and tried falling back asleep, I felt myself slipping into a very weird state which I cannot explain but I do remember being conscious and it was very still, then all of a sudden I was completely paralysed! I could not move any of my body apart from my eyes which where wide open, I was lying on my back and I was staring straight into a blank white face with black hair swirling around as if she was under water, I could only see from her hip upwards, The face came closer and closer to mine then I remember trying to shout, ‘’who are you, who are you?’’ But I was unable to speak, the face then started pulling back and just vanished into thin air, my body became less tense and I was no longer paralysed. After that I thought to myself that was pretty strange so I got on my laptop and Goggled what I had seen and it came up with sleep paralysis, so I read about it for about 30 mins. Then I tried falling back to sleep but I fell back in to being paralysed, this time there was no woman, there was a faint figure of a man standing over me waving his arms around as if he was dancing and I swear there were other people in the room but only really concentrated on the person above me then I came out of it and there was nothing. I then turned on my side and attempted to fall asleep but again after a few minutes I was paralysed so I opened my eyes and could make out a figure of a person really short with blond hair standing by the side of my bed next to the curtains staring at me. I had enough by the 3rd time so I tried telling them to go away because I was getting annoyed with not being able to move!

#28    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostBoggled, on 05 December 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I had a very strange experience last night! I woke up at 3am then went down stairs to drink a glass of water. When I got back into bed and tried falling back asleep, I felt myself slipping into a very weird state which I cannot explain but I do remember being conscious and it was very still, then all of a sudden I was completely paralysed! I could not move any of my body apart from my eyes which where wide open, I was lying on my back and I was staring straight into a blank white face with black hair swirling around as if she was under water, I could only see from her hip upwards, The face came closer and closer to mine then I remember trying to shout, ‘’who are you, who are you?’’ But I was unable to speak, the face then started pulling back and just vanished into thin air, my body became less tense and I was no longer paralysed. After that I thought to myself that was pretty strange so I got on my laptop and Goggled what I had seen and it came up with sleep paralysis, so I read about it for about 30 mins. Then I tried falling back to sleep but I fell back in to being paralysed, this time there was no woman, there was a faint figure of a man standing over me waving his arms around as if he was dancing and I swear there were other people in the room but only really concentrated on the person above me then I came out of it and there was nothing. I then turned on my side and attempted to fall asleep but again after a few minutes I was paralysed so I opened my eyes and could make out a figure of a person really short with blond hair standing by the side of my bed next to the curtains staring at me. I had enough by the 3rd time so I tried telling them to go away because I was getting annoyed with not being able to move!
If it happens again, calm yourself and ignore the presences. Relax your body and adopt a go with the flow attitude.

If a loud noise erupts in your ears or you feel like your body is vibrating, lift one arm and get out of bed.

You will be in for the shock of your life!!! ;)

Bruce Lee-

#29    Boggled

Boggled

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 05 December 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

If it happens again, calm yourself and ignore the presences. Relax your body and adopt a go with the flow attitude.

If a loud noise erupts in your ears or you feel like your body is vibrating, lift one arm and get out of bed.

You will be in for the shock of your life!!! ;)
Will try it out for next time.
Haha I am really interested in what its all about and the mystery about it, so yeah looking forward to it i just hope its not to frightening!!

#30    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostBoggled, on 05 December 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Will try it out for next time.
Haha I am really interested in what its all about and the mystery about it, so yeah looking forward to it i just hope its not to frightening!!
Don't be afraid be inquisitive. if you are afraid and you manifest your shadow confront it imeadiatly and confidently. It will go away. Remember.... "there is no spoon"

Hahaha just had to throw that in there.

Bruce Lee-

Also tagged with dreams, sleep, hallucinations, sleep paralysis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users