Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

Mysterious Canine Suicide Spot


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

They weren't getting enough cheese.


#17    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,293 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

It was the bath salts, I tell ya...


#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    dimple

  • Member
  • 10,116 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postdharma warrior, on 22 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

They weren't getting enough cheese.
Or they ate too many sprouts! :o

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#19    Chooky88

Chooky88

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2005

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wow, looking at some of these comments I'm guessing there are a lot of 'cat people' here ;-)


#20    judyrad

judyrad

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined:03 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sacramento,CA

  • You are not alone we are here to help!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

someone should jump off there and see if they wind up in doggy heaven


#21    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tokyo

  • When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

I smell BS. The "most likely" explanation is not that anything is "haunted", but simply that the town is looking at the successful marketing of Nessie and wants to put itself on the tourist map.


#22    bewizardry_unharmonic

bewizardry_unharmonic

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:06 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lancashire, England

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Judyrad, you are too hot to come on these sites.


#23    highdesert50

highdesert50

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Dogs are instinctively predators who use their good olfactory sense to locate until close enough to visualize the prey. They are driven by the scent of some nearby prey animal and are simply attempting to do what they do best, "run down" their prey. As mentioned, there are prey animals immediately under that area of the bridge. Dogs, unlike cats, are not inherently climbers so the height of the bridge is a confound and in their attempt to run down the prey, I suspect, the dogs are unable to react quickly enough to override the hunt instinct before falling.

Edited by highdesert50, 23 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.


#24    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

    Facebook Fiend

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Joined:25 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middleton,Greater Manchester,UK

  • Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostC235, on 22 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Good riddance!
Good riddance to who exactly?
I fervently hope your not talking about those poor dogs that jumped off the bridge.
If it is you honestly make my blood boil with your total and utter disregard.
What happened eh? Did you seriously mauled by a dog in the past?
Or you one of these guys who gets their kicks out of beating up defenceless puppies.
If it's the former you'll have to understand it's bad owners not bad dogs.
And if it's the latter you are one sick man who needs to be reported to the RSPCA.

Happy hols to everybody else though.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#25    C235

C235

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2012

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 23 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Good riddance to who exactly?
I fervently hope your not talking about those poor dogs that jumped off the bridge.
If it is you honestly make my blood boil with your total and utter disregard.
What happened eh? Did you seriously mauled by a dog in the past?
Or you one of these guys who gets their kicks out of beating up defenceless puppies.
If it's the former you'll have to understand it's bad owners not bad dogs.
And if it's the latter you are one sick man who needs to be reported to the RSPCA.

Happy hols to everybody else though.

LOL. Dogs don't like me. that's their fault. More than once I have been attacked by them. If they want peace they should make the first move :P

Edited by C235, 23 December 2012 - 06:18 PM.


#26    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

    Facebook Fiend

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Joined:25 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middleton,Greater Manchester,UK

  • Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostC235, on 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:



LOL. Dogs don't like me. that's their fault. More than once I have been attacked by them. If they want peace they should make the first move :P
So you've got a phobia about dogs then?
If so there's a way of conquering your fear.
I was in the same fix as well because I thought dogs were out to get me.
However over time I honestly began to think they were man's best friend.
You can't tar dogs with the same brush because the majority I've seem are as meek as a lamb.
My two are prime examples of good-natured dogs and I'm sure you will change your opinion in a heartbeat.
Tbh you were just unfortunate to meet a dog who's owner didn't look after him.
I can imagine that shook your confidence to bits but I was in the same boat.
Things like this can be mastered over time.


Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#27    C235

C235

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2012

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 23 December 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

So you've got a phobia about dogs then?
If so there's a way of conquering your fear.
I was in the same fix as well because I thought dogs were out to get me.
However over time I honestly began to think they were man's best friend.
You can't tar dogs with the same brush because the majority I've seem are as meek as a lamb.
My two are prime examples of good-natured dogs and I'm sure you will change your opinion in a heartbeat.
Tbh you were just unfortunate to meet a dog who's owner didn't look after him.
I can imagine that shook your confidence to bits but I was in the same boat.
Things like this can be mastered over time.

I don't fear nor hate dogs. I can only remember myself either feeding them, petting them or getting attacked by them. Nor will I agree with any animal abuser & then nor do I consider slaughtering poor sheeps & chickens & feeding them to your beloved dogs justice I'm totally indifferent to it all. but if they decide to jump of a bridge I would say " good riddance" lol


#28    csspwns

csspwns

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

  • "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

you guys might wanna try this link: http://www.dailymail...oun-Bridge.html

it has more info unlike Zen Haven and its been explained that mink caused dogs to jump off not some supernatural or otherworldly bs


#29    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,491 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postcsspwns, on 23 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

you guys might wanna try this link: http://www.dailymail...oun-Bridge.html

it has more info unlike Zen Haven and its been explained that mink caused dogs to jump off not some supernatural or otherworldly bs

Yep.... a b**** in a mink coat has been the cause of many a suicide.


#30    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW Indiana

  • "So if you're tired of the same old story, just turn some pages" REO Speedwagon of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Someone volunteering fence wire strung at that spot would help. I have seen this phenomenon first hand one time. I have no idea what the bridge railing looks like between those two parapets. Clearly the level running plane fools them into thinking the other side is the same way.

Twenty years ago I was traveling with a huge semi truck load of black walnut logs northbound on Indiana's Interstate 65. A bridge overpass had a young boy bicycling aross. Then out of the blue his full blooded German shepard dog running unseen with the boy, came into full view jumping over the concrete short wall. Luckily the dog was near the end for a 12-15 foot fall into the grassy bank. He was pushing the air with his front paws all the way down to a big bounce & tumble downwards. Unharmed but red faced the shepard ran back up the bank to join the boy on the other side of the fence!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users