Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#166    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

except they did not. It is NOT our highest law, it does NOT mean that and it is NOT guaranteed forever.

Ill be taking that out with my garbage this week.

#167    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

View Postninjadude, on 01 February 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

except they did not. It is NOT our highest law, it does NOT mean that and it is NOT guaranteed forever.
Meant to ask. Do you think Barak Obama thinks the same?

Posted Image

#168    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,931 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postninjadude, on 01 February 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

no I'm very happy where I live and very happy with our system of government. The problem is YOU'RE NOT. You won't find me resorting to child games asking people to leave. You're an anarchist. I get it.
I'm very happy with our Constitutional Republic and I'm protecting it from people who have no respect for it or are acting like it doesn't exist.   A Constitutional government is a far cry from anarchy.  Sorry try again.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#169    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Meanwhile, MSNBC is swaying public opinion by editing the video of the Newton gun hearing. And people talk about FOX news. They are all the same.

#170    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,404 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Democracies seem to have their own set of problems.  The one thing the theorists have always said is that they have a legitimacy other forms of government lack.  Reading these posts I begin to doubt it.

#171    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostMichelle, on 01 February 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Meanwhile, MSNBC is swaying public opinion by editing the video of the Newton gun hearing. And people talk about FOX news. They are all the same.
Ah yes. The only news agency that has to hire Industrial Light and Magic to run their news clips. Nah, they couldn't afford that. It's more like they hire the team of National Lampoons.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 01 February 2013 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image

#172    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 01 February 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

What is then?

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#173    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Postninjadude, on 02 February 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

there is no part of the constitution that is written in stone, unchangable, inviolate.

We need a dislike button.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#174    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

I see where you get your information from Ninjadude

http://www.democrati...ress=389x492427

#175    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,987 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 02 February 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

We need a dislike button.

I'd be all over that! :)

#176    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

View Postninjadude, on 02 February 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

What is your beef with the constitution? And America? Don't lie. You're hellbent on changing both.

Posted Image

#177    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 02 February 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

What is your beef with the constitution? And America? Don't lie. You're hellbent on changing both.

Why is wanting change a bad thing?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#178    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 02 February 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

I don't have a "beef" with the constitution. Or America. I have a beef with those who LIE about it.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#179    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,173 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

BUT, not against your own government? That's usually called treason at worst, or insurrection at best.

I'm not a constitutional expert, but people in the US believe that armed revolution is a right that was written into the constitution? Really?

Really.  So did the men who put it in the Constitution:

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 {August 17, 1789}])

So, why should we consider it any differently?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#180    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Fortunately, many sheriffs still support our right to keep and bear arms because they recall that they took an oath to defend and obey the Constitution. People, with common sense, blame violent perpetrators, not inanimate weapons, for heinous murders. More gun laws mean nothing. Criminals disobey them. The vast majority of Americans don't fall into that category, and they shouldn't be treated like they do. If an ordinary American got divorced, got fired, played the most violent game, watched the most violent movie, and had an AK or AR on the coffee table in front of them, they wouldn't even seriously think about killing other people. The proposed laws aren't about guns. They're about control.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users