Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A trip to mississippi

Typhlotic-Envisage

At the end of last year I traveled to Mississippi and of course I had to stay in many hotels. I decided to read the bible which is something I had never done. I read the first two pages of genesis and noticed a contradicting statement. I then guessed that there were probably many flaws in the bible that people simply ignore and that someone could write a book about it. Then tonight I ran across this work called "101 contradictions in the bible and realised that someone had already done this. Has anyone else read this? I was rather amazed at how cut and try the statements were when they contradicted each other. I also have to ask how someone can believe so strongly in a book that is obviously flawed. If you do believe in the bible then I wonder do you simply choose parts to believe and not believe?? If you don't then your contradicting yourself. I don't know i'm very tired and a bit aggrivated at the ignorance in the world but this ignorance has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I am also posting on another forum and the people there are far less "bright"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• Typhlotic-Envisage

• zandore

• Something Like Laughter

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a thread in here that has all 101.

I answered them, however many here believe that I did not.

You can also see that many arent "contradictions" to begin with.

My original questions still stand.

639077[/snapback]

What exactly are your original questions?

Have I read the "101 contradictions?" Yes

Do I chose parts to believe and not beleive others? No

My original questions still stand.

639077[/snapback]

What exactly are your original questions?

Have I read the "101 contradictions?" Yes

Do I chose parts to believe and not beleive others? No

639092[/snapback]

Does that mean that you believe all of it as the word of God?

No it only has 101 of the 339 contradictions in the Bible.

Welcome Back Typhlotic-Envisage

No it only has 101 of the 339 contradictions in the Bible.

Welcome Back Typhlotic-Envisage

639678[/snapback]

I would like to take a stab at those, but it would take forever. I would have to do them little by little.

Does that mean that you believe all of it as the word of God?

639493[/snapback]

I believe the words of Jesus are the "words of God."

What are you getting at?

I read the first two pages of genesis and noticed a contradicting statement.

639034[/snapback]

What scripture(s) is this?

Genesis chapter 1 vs chapter 2

I think he means the conflicting accounts of the creation. hmm.gif

Look at the order in which things, animals, and Adam was made.

I would like to take a stab at those, but it would take forever. I would have to do them little by little.
devil.gif

Let me check some thins out first laugh.gif

Genesis chapter 1 vs chapter 2

I think he means the conflicting accounts of the creation. hmm.gif

Look at the order in which things, animals, and Adam was made.

640201[/snapback]

Hmm....I guess we'll have to wait to see what he means.

I also have to ask how someone can believe so strongly in a book that is obviously flawed.

probably most christians are ignorant of these supposed contradictions. others probably dont care. others will try to find a decent explanation for a supposed contradiction.

Zandore, you were correct. The creation was the contradiction within the first two pages of genesis. Thanks for for the welcome by the way. I was getting at the point that if you believe the bible to be created through men by the all knowing why does it have flaws. If you believe the bible word for word then you have contradicting beliefs that you have left unanswered within yourself.

I also have to ask how someone can believe so strongly in a book that is obviously flawed.

probably most christians are ignorant of these supposed contradictions. others probably dont care. others will try to find a decent explanation for a supposed contradiction.

640380[/snapback]

Here goes!

First Account (Genesis 1:1-2:3)

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Second Account (Genesis 2:4-25)

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Does this clarify things? thumbsup.gif

i knew what he was talking about.

rendering the verb "formed" in 2:19 in the perfect past instead of the simple past solves that little contradiction quite handily.

i knew what he was talking about.

rendering the verb "formed" in 2:19 in the perfect past instead of the simple past solves that little contradiction quite handily.

641997[/snapback]

This is the wrong place to debate this but you are wrong.

It was a nice try thumbsup.gif