Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 3 votes

Was Jesus a vampire, or a zombie?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#46    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 05 August 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

And as usual, even when someone says "still, a fun topic", they have to flail wildly out of hatred at religion.
i really don't want to invoke the wrath of the good Dr. Godwin, but in terms of the greatest genocides in human history, I suppose you've chosen to ignore A**** H***** and the N***s, as not fitting with your thesis, unless you really do believe that he was motivated by religious beliefs.

I didn't ignore Adolf, but what he did compared to what Church has been done through centuries, there's no way to compare both. Both are equally wrong if you want that statement but in numbers and figures, we can say that Adolf was an amateur. Now, wiping entire civilizations, now we are talking.

#47    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostMrBene, on 05 August 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

I didn't ignore Adolf, but what he did compared to what Church has been done through centuries, there's no way to compare both. Both are equally wrong if you want that statement but in numbers and figures, we can say that Adolf was an amateur. Now, wiping entire civilizations, now we are talking.

Then let's throw Stalin, Mao, Kim Il Sung, Sukarno, Amin and Pol Pot into the equation, for good measure. But, "who's counting?" --Apparently, not all.

Edited by szentgyorgy, 05 August 2013 - 05:30 PM.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#48    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well, we can make a genocide ranking for the sake of it.

#49    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,627 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostMrBene, on 05 August 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well, we can make a genocide ranking for the sake of it.

Entonces incluyimos Galtieri y sus salvajes, catolicas solamente de nombre.

#50    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 05 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Entonces incluyimos Galtieri y sus salvajes, catolicas solamente de nombre.

Not only Galtieri, but Videla, Massera and the whole happy bunch. I've seen that you tried to type in spanish, good attempt, but Google translator fails. Remember that.
Catholic church did a good job during the military government hiding proof and helping the military men to spot "communist" nests. Of course, the result was a lot of people killed and missing.

Edited by MrBene, 05 August 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#51    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,627 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostMrBene, on 05 August 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Not only Galtieri, but Videla, Massera and the whole happy bunch. I've seen that you tried to type in spanish, good attempt, but Google translator fails. Remember that.
Catholic church did a good job during the military government hiding proof and helping the military men to spot "communist" nests. Of course, the result was a lot of people killed and missing.

Usted entiende que el papa nuevo es participante de una manera o de otra. Argentina no tiene mucha razon de mantener su propio orgullo ahora. Mi hermano Osvaldo Hirschmann, argentino y pastor luterano, me dice que algunos de las mas grandes politicos de Argentina son fascistas ahora misma. That's my spontaneous translation, no "google," and I'm sure you understand me  well. I also know that the USA is worse in many ways, but not in dropping dissidents into the South Atlantic from helicopters. That was a peculiar Argentinian specialty. What an innovation! Un fracaso!

[Perhaps you should try 'Google English']

Edited by szentgyorgy, 06 August 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#52    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,283 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm just thankful that some un-named moderator put this pitiful thread in the proper forum.

#53    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 06 August 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Usted entiende que el papa nuevo es participante de una manera o de otra. Argentina no tiene mucha razon de mantener su propio orgullo ahora. Mi hermano Osvaldo Hirschmann, argentino y pastor luterano, me dice que algunos de las mas grandes politicos de Argentina son fascistas ahora misma. That's my spontaneous translation, no "google," and I'm sure you understand me  well. I also know that the USA is worse in many ways, but not in dropping dissidents into the South Atlantic from helicopters. That was a peculiar Argentinian specialty. What an innovation! Un fracaso!

[Perhaps you should try 'Google English']

They didn't use helicopters, they used big planes. And yeah, right now, government is quite fascist, they are killing natives in order to give land to multinational companies. I am not proud of anything (about the pope) actually, I find quite amazing that people are proud of having a pope, I guess catholic argentineans are proud, I am not since I am not catholic.

#54    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostPurplos, on 05 August 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

These types of threads always make me feel so incredibly sorry for the OP. What horrible things they must've experienced at the hands of some religious person in their lives to have such a virulent hatred of the whole thing.... very much akin to, for example, someone who was mugged by a black person become racist against all.

I hope your life gets better.
I've had very good interactions with religious people. Never actually had a problem with them until some of them started to find out I was an atheist. Even so, I know many very good religious people that I work with. Importantly, tehy have something I like to call "a sense of humor."

PS, Old Adolf was a Catholic, s'where he got his Jew hating from.

(Also, my vote is Lich.)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#55    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,483 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostRatte, on 04 August 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Why would a zombie want people to eat its body?

They eat the brains to take the pain away. I was about to post a clip but it would probably be to extreme for a nice site like this.

Jesus was a zombie because he rose from the grave, not because they eat his body. Oh hell here's the clip:Why Zombies Eat Brains !! - YouTube

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#56    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,283 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

Now this thread should get relegated to the Fun & Games forum?

Any serious discussion has long passed.

#57    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

There was serious conversation?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#58    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,956 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think it's safe to say that this thread has run its course.

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users