Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Russan scientist crack crop circle code


  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,485 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Aliens using crops circles to tell us about a "higher plane of existence",... Good grief!

Is there no limit to the nonsense spread on the net??


I think the scary part is that so many actually believe the BS!!!

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#17    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Russian scientists spent seventy years in a sort of never-never land where 'science' was conditioned by what politically-motivated bosses would buy (Lysenko, anyone?). They may still be a little vague on the distinction between 'what sells' and 'what is'.

Or maybe they just don't want to let the resulting finely-tuned talent for saleable BS go to waste.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 06 February 2013 - 05:11 PM.


#18    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,528 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Is there no limit to the nonsense spread on the net??

With so many "home-bound" psychotics out there with nothing better they can do but be on the internet, does that surprise you?

That reminds me. Excuse me for a minute while I take the rest of my meds...


#19    CT1993

CT1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, British Columbia

  • With a Force that can't be compared, to any firepower, for it's mind power shared

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Sorry i haven't been replying but i haven't been on a computer since i posted this but heres a little information stating that crop cricles (at least some) are scientifically proven to be not made by humans

In the down below video the producers of video documentary interviewed physicist Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff of the Netherlands. Dr. Haselhoff offers scientific proof that at least some crop circles are indeed formed by balls of light/UFO'S. His research and evidence was even accepted after peer review for the Internationally recognized scientific journal, Physiologia Plantarum.



He showed that the crop circles he examined had been made by electromagnetic point-sources. An example of an electromagnetic point-source is a Posted Imagelight bulb. Dr. Haselhoff made his discovery by examining the anomalies he found in the nodes of the crop circle plants. When he measured the nodes of all the samples he had taken, he found that the nodes in the centre of the circles had elongated tremendously. The nodes of the plants that had grown at the perimeter of the circles, did show elongation, but not quite as much as the ones he had found in the centres. Dr Haselhoff developed a software programme to have his computer measure the nodes once more (thus excluding the possibility of human errors) and had his computer carry out many hundreds of measurements.


In the first row you see the anomalous node length in the crop circle. In the second row you see where Dr. Haselhoff take his samples.Posted ImageThe red bars in the diagrams show normal, natural growth differences that may occur. It is quite clear that the crop circle differences are so extreme (yellow bars), that this cannot be attributed to normal growth difference...

Dr. Haselhoff then compared the distribution of node lengthening (strongest in the crop circle centre, less and less towards the perimeter) with all possible energy distribution patterns known in physics. He discovered a 100% match with the energy distribution of an electromagnetic point-source. This is for instance a light bulb. When you hang a light bulb above the ground, you will also see a (light) distribution that is strongest directly below the bulb (to be compared with the crop circle centre) and which becomes fainter and fainter as you measure towards the edge of the light.


A 100% match is very rare in science. Therefore the following conclusion could safely be drawn: the examined crop circles had been made by electromagnetic point-sources (balls of light) hanging above the ground at a height of 4.1 meters at the time the crop went down.

Dr. Haselhoff sent his findings to Physiologia Plantarum. His work was 'peer-reviewed' (checked by other scientists), accepted and published in October 2000. With this publication and thus acceptance by the scientific world, one can say that the current state of affairs if as follows: Crop circles are not made by man, but by electromagnetic point-sources of unknown origin.

This fact stands until the opposite is proven scientifically!


Edited by CT1993, 07 February 2013 - 01:24 AM.


#20    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,724 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

I think the scary part is that so many actually believe the BS!!!

:nw:    :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#21    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 11,179 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

So why start with circles?
Surely if they dropped the proof to Fermat's last theorem into a wheat field 50 years ago the world would have stood up and paid attention (like it did with crop cicles anyway).  
Instead, they chose circles. Circles for years and years. And then clever dickery that could be done by man.
Only "now" do they get into the complex stuff?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#22    CT1993

CT1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, British Columbia

  • With a Force that can't be compared, to any firepower, for it's mind power shared

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

So why start with circles?
Surely if they dropped the proof to Fermat's last theorem into a wheat field 50 years ago the world would have stood up and paid attention (like it did with crop cicles anyway).  
Instead, they chose circles. Circles for years and years. And then clever dickery that could be done by man.
Only "now" do they get into the complex stuff?

We don't know that only now they get into the complex stuff, because crop circles weren't study'd much back in the day there could of been "circles" just as complex as the ones today just not recorded or recognized


#23    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,111 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 06 February 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Depends on what kinds coke you are referring to... Lol

If you do choose to try it and discover some amazing piece of history  or unravel the mysteries of the pyramids or perhaps maybe figure out what women really want from men,  you must let all of us here at UM know first, ok?

But if you go blind.... Well, sorry.  You shouldn't have drank that crap in the first place.  ;)

I'll even PM you before I post ;)

Cannot hurt I suppose, everything I know about women I could write on a matchbox.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#24    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,427 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostCT1993, on 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Sorry i haven't been replying but i haven't been on a computer since i posted this but heres a little information stating that crop cricles (at least some) are scientifically proven to be not made by humans

In the down below video the producers of video documentary interviewed physicist Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff of the Netherlands. Dr. Haselhoff offers scientific proof that at least some crop circles are indeed formed by balls of light/UFO'S. His research and evidence was even accepted after peer review for the Internationally recognized scientific journal, Physiologia Plantarum.



He showed that the crop circles he examined had been made by electromagnetic point-sources. An example of an electromagnetic point-source is a Posted Imagelight bulb. Dr. Haselhoff made his discovery by examining the anomalies he found in the nodes of the crop circle plants. When he measured the nodes of all the samples he had taken, he found that the nodes in the centre of the circles had elongated tremendously. The nodes of the plants that had grown at the perimeter of the circles, did show elongation, but not quite as much as the ones he had found in the centres. Dr Haselhoff developed a software programme to have his computer measure the nodes once more (thus excluding the possibility of human errors) and had his computer carry out many hundreds of measurements.


In the first row you see the anomalous node length in the crop circle. In the second row you see where Dr. Haselhoff take his samples.Posted ImageThe red bars in the diagrams show normal, natural growth differences that may occur. It is quite clear that the crop circle differences are so extreme (yellow bars), that this cannot be attributed to normal growth difference...

Dr. Haselhoff then compared the distribution of node lengthening (strongest in the crop circle centre, less and less towards the perimeter) with all possible energy distribution patterns known in physics. He discovered a 100% match with the energy distribution of an electromagnetic point-source. This is for instance a light bulb. When you hang a light bulb above the ground, you will also see a (light) distribution that is strongest directly below the bulb (to be compared with the crop circle centre) and which becomes fainter and fainter as you measure towards the edge of the light.


No, he did not. He found that one possibility could be electromagnetic radiation, however, that is based on some rather questionable assumptions.  

Quote

A 100% match is very rare in science. Therefore the following conclusion could safely be drawn: the examined crop circles had been made by electromagnetic point-sources (balls of light) hanging above the ground at a height of 4.1 meters at the time the crop went down.

No, please see below. If you feel otherwise do reference where Dr. Haselhoff makes that exact conclusion. In fact, he makes the opposite conclusion, that one cannot conclude that.

Quote

Dr. Haselhoff sent his findings to Physiologia Plantarum. His work was 'peer-reviewed' (checked by other scientists), accepted and published in October 2000. With this publication and thus acceptance by the scientific world, one can say that the current state of affairs if as follows: Crop circles are not made by man, but by electromagnetic point-sources of unknown origin.

I presume you mean this article, in which he concludes.

Quote


The experimental data published in Levengood and Talbott (1999) suggest that pulvinus length expansion in crop circles
is a thermo-mechanic effect, possibly induced by a kind of electromagnetic point source. Data obtained from a simple
hand-made formation did not reveal the same characteristics. By no means does the author pretend to present a ‘lithmus
test’ for distinction between a ‘genuine’ crop formation, whatever it may be, and a hand-flattened area of crop. Much
more data would have to be analyzed and thorough statistical studies will be necessary before such a criterion can be defined.
However, the position-dependent pulvinus length, and in particular the apparent organised character of the data
analysed, is interesting and stimulates further study.

Emphasis mine.


Quote

This fact stands until the opposite is proven scientifically!

So no, he has not proven anything at all. In fact, he emphasises that one cannot make that conclusion based on his results and much more is needed,

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 07 February 2013 - 02:55 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#25    Amerix

Amerix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2009

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

Alien Overlord:   "My fellow [Insert Alien Species here], the time has come for us to make history.  We should mark this monumental occasion by contacting the human species in the most informative way possible!  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Alien Underling 1:  "Dear overlord!  We should use our superior technology to beam images into their minds, letting them know we are here, and we are their friends, and that we wish to share our wisdom with them!"

Alien Underling 2:  *COUGH COUGH*.. this is some goood stuff man.. I say we travel a billion light years and make funny shapes in their corn fields.. *PUUUUFFF*

Alien Overlord:  "We have a winner!  Gather our fastest ships and go draw stuff in their corn fields.. *PUUUUUF*...

:clap:

That's what I think of when I think of the nuts who believe in crop circles.


#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 11,179 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostCT1993, on 07 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

We don't know that only now they get into the complex stuff, because crop circles weren't study'd much back in the day there could of been "circles" just as complex as the ones today just not recorded or recognized
From what I read, the moment the first crop circle (and remember, it was a circle) was discovered, it sparked INTERNATIONAL debate.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 18,014 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Good to See BaDESKOVS postin again,As for the Crops Lets harvest and make Bread ! :tu:

But remember it just could be the Schlieren effect !

Edited by DONTEATUS, 07 February 2013 - 03:46 AM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,427 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 07 February 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Good to See BaDESKOVS postin again,As for the Crops Lets harvest and make Bread ! :tu:

But remember it just could be the Schlieren effect !

Thanks Big D. :P I know it is rare, but I try to get involved when I can :)

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#29    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 18,014 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 07 February 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Thanks Big D. :P I know it is rare, but I try to get involved when I can :)

Cheers,
Badeskov
Well BAdeskovs remember we are still going to get psyche101 over here ASAP,and you too we will meet in Dallas,Drive to Alpine ,eat Texas Steaks,go to Roswell for fun and Hit it back to Big-D for a egress !
Plan on it ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#30    csspwns

csspwns

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

  • "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostCT1993, on 06 February 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

And what may i ask is so farfetched about higher planes of existance do you think we are the highest plane of existance in the universe what happens when we ascend so high in counciousness do we just stop? Give this a little read to inform you about planes of existance a little more

http://en.wikipedia....ne_(esotericism)
lol this link doesnt exist

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users