Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life vampires exist

Still Waters

Vampires walk among us. But these people aren't the stuff of nightmares - far from it actually. Just sit down for a drink with one of them and ask for yourself. That's if you can find one. They aren't necessarily looking to be found.

I've spent five years conducting ethnographic studies of the real vampires living in New Orleans and Buffalo. They are not easy to find, but when you do track them down, they can be quite friendly.

http://blogs.discove...t/#.VRcRdY4vwdU

• Like 5

Not this nonsense again. Doesn't it get old? I mean people pretending to be something "unique" to the point of actually convincing themselves it's true. Grow up people. Your human regardless of what you may think.

• Like 6

Very Interesting topic, SW! Where I don't believe in the typical depiction of vampires in horror movies, I do believe that there are people who practice blood letting and the habitual consumption of blood, no matter the reason.

For my midlife crisis I was planning on moving to New Orleans and becoming the King of Vampires.

Instead I planted a garden.

The cat like to sleep on the soft sprouting little plants.

So, now I have to plan another crisis.....sigh.

• Like 1

Yes the Vampyre does indeed exist.

And yes of course I would like to chat with one.

• Like 1

There is a disease called Porphyria its a blood disorder and it is dubbed the Vampire disease.

I have no idea how often or how much blood is donated to their satiety, but

my judgmental side kicked in reading this and I thought about the donors instead donating their blood to the Red Cross. It is such a crucial need that does save lives.

• Like 1

A drummer we used to have in the band met some of these vampires in Memphis, Tn. He met a girl one night who turned out to be a member of a vampire house or whatever its called. He said they were really nice people. He didn't imbibe, though.

I drank human blood and I liked it. What intarnation. People's got some major malfuntion. e9453.gif I drink coffee, now that's heaven. e9528.gif

• Like 1

It saddens me that so many people live such reality-devoid lifestyles. They're not vampires, they don't need blood or "energy", and drinking the blood of others can't be very safe. Seems like a whole host of bad ideas to me. But, I guess this is what happens when you take your Vampire: The Masquerade games a bit too seriously.

• Like 2

I was impressed by reading some of the stuff by Merticus. He devotes a lot of time to research involving this topic.

Seriously?

"Their self-described nature begins to manifest around or just after puberty. It derives, according to them, from the lack of subtle energies their bodies produce"

Yeah it's called puberty! Try taking some iron pills or eat a steak :P

Sounds like a bunch of over grown teens who watched too much Buffy growing up ;)

• Like 2

It's all about the sparkle vampires now. 30 days of night. Those are vampires.

I'm a Nosferatu man, myself.

From the OP link:

Becoming a Vampire

Their self-described nature begins to manifest around or just after puberty. It derives, according to them, from the lack of subtle energies their bodies produce – energies other people take for granted. That’s the general consensus anyway. It’s a condition they claim to be unable to change. So, they embrace it.

With all of the vast material surrounding vampires...and all of the movie hype surrounding vampires..it is not surprising really that the most gullible...the age group of humans going through puberty, who have all the internet to draw from and yet no real experience in much of anything except being prepubescent...fall for a lure that is mythical in every way.

Here is another interesting article about the history of vampires...The last paragraph is quoted below:

LINK

Real vampires

There are, of course, a few truly vampiric animals, including leeches, lampreys and vampire bats. And in all these cases the vampire's intent is to draw enough blood for sustenance, but not enough to kill the host.

But what about human vampires? There are certainly many self-identified vampires who participate in gothic-inspired subcultures. Some host vampire-themed book clubs or secret bloodletting rituals; others wear capes or get vampire-fang dental implants. It's all frightening and fun, but blood drinking is another matter entirely. The problem is that blood is toxic; because it is so rich in iron — and because the human body has difficulty excreting excess iron — anyone who consumes blood regularly runs a real risk of haemochromatosis (iron overdose), which can cause a wide variety of diseases and problems, including liver and nervous system damage.

In one form or another, vampires have been part of human culture and folklore in different forms for millennia, and the bloodsuckers show no signs of going away any time soon.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

I can understand believing in the paranormal (to a degree), but I will never understand what goes on in the mind of someone who believes that Vampires actually exist. Same for werewolves, witches, demons and banshees.

Edited by xxxdemonxxx
  • Like 1

There was a long-time and very prolific member here that said she was a "sanguine", but interestingly dismissed people that claimed to be "real vampires" as just roleplaying. I guess it takes all kinds.

I will say there are "real vampires" though, called malignant narcissists, that can very much be oppressive, torturous, draining, demanding and manipulative and sometimes mentally and physically abusive. New age stuff calls it "psychic vampires" but they can be far more damaging than an obvious monster, because those you can see coming.

• Like 1

Vampires are mythical creatures. Humans who drink blood are not vampires. They are just humans who drink blood. I blame Bram Stoker for romanticizing vampires where before they were mostly described as little more than mindless zombies.

I was on a different forum talking about how vampires aren't real (an occult forum). I consider it just building something up in your mind to the point where you believe it. That the symptoms manifest because of this and the act (of being a vampire) solves the issues through a placebo effect. Then I got "my chakra doesn't produce enough X energy" blah, blah, blah type junk as a response. I offered possible solution the the low energy problem. Including checking their diet to make sure they had enough vitamins, quit chugging energy drinks cause of the crash they give you, and their activity or lack of levels. Safe to say I wasn't met with a positive response.

• Like 1

I was on a different forum talking about how vampires aren't real (an occult forum). I consider it just building something up in your mind to the point where you believe it. That the symptoms manifest because of this and the act (of being a vampire) solves the issues through a placebo effect. Then I got "my chakra doesn't produce enough X energy" blah, blah, blah type junk as a response. I offered possible solution the the low energy problem. Including checking their diet to make sure they had enough vitamins, quit chugging energy drinks cause of the crash they give you, and their activity or lack of levels. Safe to say I wasn't met with a positive response.

It's sad, but doesn't really surprise me. Anyone claiming to be a vampire clearly does not want logical responses or mundane explanations for their health issues. It's much easier to fabricate a narrative where they are special and unique.

I have read one article regarding this so called vampires. There were two tombs in New Orleans( not quite sure with the place) encased with cages. After some time it was known that the girls buried in there were believed to be vampires and thus their tomb were encased with a cage to keep them from attacking people every time they wake up.