Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

morbid old lady!

kannin

i do apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but have any of you herd of or experienced this, im talking about a very creepy old lady that cries in a high pitch voice that perches on the end of your bed and stares at you with horrifying red eyes black gowns wrinkly face with razor shapr teeth, i have experienced this once and i know of another person who has as well, alot of people say she visits during sleep paralasis and others say its when you go to bed scared and thinking about monsters or ghosts, she apperently feeds in fear and when you see her she never leaves, i for one have not seen her since but the other person i know says she whispers in your ear, she says her name and describes in detail how shell torture and mame you while your sleeping to induce nightmares to feed off your fear. does this sound like a mythical creature recorded somewhere in history anyways serious opinions please and pm me if you have experienced her awful presence

• Like 1

sleep paralysis is no joke

no doubt

If thats whats usually seen when a person experiences sleep paralysis, would it be considered an urban legend? My uncle said that he's experienced sleep paralysis and his eyes are open and he can hear someone coming into his room. Then this shadowy figure approaches his bed and strangles him. :o

If thats whats usually seen when a person experiences sleep paralysis, would it be considered an urban legend? My uncle said that he's experienced sleep paralysis and his eyes are open and he can hear someone coming into his room. Then this shadowy figure approaches his bed and strangles him. :o

wow thats horifying

I suffer sleep paralysis about every other night. I have seen a hag or reaper floating above me, looking straight in my eyes, Wearing a robe. The scariest part of my experiences was in my early twenties when not much was televised about the disorder. But now knowing what the issue is, the problem is alot easier to deal with.

In my twenties the episode would last for what felt like a half hour. Pinned to the mattress with no way to move, yell, and sometimes hard to breath. One night I had it so bad I woke several times just to fall back asleep and start all over again. I even went to the bathroom and fell right back into it shortly after. It seems to happen more and more frequently the more worn out I get. Of couse it only makes beening worn out increase do to not being able to sleep properly.

Although it started in my early twenties, I'm thirty and it has become more visual. I have overcome the paralysis aspect and now am able to wake myself up. The visions are very strong. Even enough to make me stand up in the bed and try to climb the walls. Even though I know I suffer from this, I still am caught off guard everytime it happens. Most of my visions now involve bugs. One night I seen coral snakes falling onto the bed around me from the light shade on the ceiling. I tried to climb the walls until my wife calmed me down. Another vision I see and hear is shadows around the bed. They make noise moving around until I throw on the lights they dissapear. The episodes only last about 20 seconds till I fully wake up but feel like a lifetime.

knowing what I know now from reading on this site and other places it is alot easier to deal with. I hope others have been helped by the posts on this site as well.

I suffer sleep paralysis about every other night. I have seen a hag or reaper floating above me, looking straight in my eyes, Wearing a robe. The scariest part of my experiences was in my early twenties when not much was televised about the disorder. But now knowing what the issue is, the problem is alot easier to deal with.

In my twenties the episode would last for what felt like a half hour. Pinned to the mattress with no way to move, yell, and sometimes hard to breath. One night I had it so bad I woke several times just to fall back asleep and start all over again. I even went to the bathroom and fell right back into it shortly after. It seems to happen more and more frequently the more worn out I get. Of couse it only makes beening worn out increase do to not being able to sleep properly.

Although it started in my early twenties, I'm thirty and it has become more visual. I have overcome the paralysis aspect and now am able to wake myself up. The visions are very strong. Even enough to make me stand up in the bed and try to climb the walls. Even though I know I suffer from this, I still am caught off guard everytime it happens. Most of my visions now involve bugs. One night I seen coral snakes falling onto the bed around me from the light shade on the ceiling. I tried to climb the walls until my wife calmed me down. Another vision I see and hear is shadows around the bed. They make noise moving around until I throw on the lights they dissapear. The episodes only last about 20 seconds till I fully wake up but feel like a lifetime.

knowing what I know now from reading on this site and other places it is alot easier to deal with. I hope others have been helped by the posts on this site as well.

If you're having such frequent episodes, you might want to consult a sleep center and have some testing done.

When I had my one episode, I was sleeping on a couch in an old house my Dad was renovating. I woke up, couldn't move, had trouble breathing, all of the light in the room were glowing this dim yellow glow, and an old painting of a Victorian woman on the wall had glowing red eyes. Oddly enough, I wasn't scared because I was able to somehow realize that it was simply sleep paralysis.

If you ever have a sleep study done, the doctor will generally walk through a questionnaire with you asking about things that have happened to you in your sleep and if you've seen aliens, entities, old women, demons, etc.

It's just how our brain works.

Your right I should have a study done. Your not the first to tell me that. I think I will just because I would enjoy a more restful night of sleep. thank you.

Yup old hag.how come she is not a hot 24 year old blonde lol

• Like 1

Thankfully Iv never had sleep paralysis, my nightmares are bad enough but to have my eyes open and be seeing these things that takes it to a whole new level. I wonder If you can die from nightmares or SP

if only

Like I know your brain shuts down your body when you sleep so that you don't actually act out your dreams is that what happens with SP only your mind is awake?

Like I know your brain shuts down your body when you sleep so that you don't actually act out your dreams is that what happens with SP only your mind is awake?

That's my understanding of it.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be Old Hag Syndrome. =/

I've experience SP but I've never seen the old lady. I'll be awake during the experience but wouldn't be able to move my lips. But when I do everything goes away. I don't know how long it lasts but I'm not afraid.

I wonder what I would see if I were to experience SP

I wonder what I would see if I were to experience SP

i know my mind well and the old hag is a kitten compared to what it could create so im going to try and avoid SP at any costs lol

i know my mind well and the old hag is a kitten compared to what it could create so im going to try and avoid SP at any costs lol

Yeah my dreams are pretty graphic and intense so what I would see If I experienced SP would be nothing pretty, But can anyone experience it or is it a genetic thing?

everyone aperrently

its what happens when your body sleeps to keep it from moving some people wake up while still in it

hmmmm I guess I can call myself lucky because its never happened to me in my life, although my dreams are bad enough and seem quite real, so it is what it is

hmmmm I guess I can call myself lucky because its never happened to me in my life, although my dreams are bad enough and seem quite real, so it is what it is

no doubt but SP actually sees feels and even smells real its crazy

no doubt but SP actually sees feels and even smells real its crazy

Yeah it sounds like people's own customized hell

Yeah it sounds like people's own customized hell

when you put it like that it sounds so disturbing but accurate some times it feels like something huge is sitting on your chest and you cant breath or talk