Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Julian Assange: Bad Boy or SAVIOR?

wikileaks julian assange

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Resistance From a Cage: Julian Assange Speaks to Norwegian Journalist Eirik Vold
Friday, 01 March 2013 00:00 By Eirik Vold, Truthout | Interview
This is an exclusive English translation of an interview published Saturday, February 16, 2013, in the Norwegian news outlet Dagens Næringsliv.
http://www.truth-out...list-eirik-vold

Hainelein, a great philosopher and scifi authur, once wrote "Secrecy is the hallmark of tyranny". Since I have grown up with Heinlien's literary guidance, I dislike the secrecy that governments use while their citizens pay for being kept in the dark. This is an Era of Sunshine. It is time we KNEW what these elected and non-elected people are doing with our money. We need to know how they behave towards each other, world leaders, and the world at large. I would venture to say, there is no more secrecy as people move towards a cognition that rapidly sees thru governmental deceit.

As for me, I expect better behavior from my government. Far better than they ever have before. I demand our governments function in a much more honorable and upright manner.

How does this article make you feel about the current state of Mainstream Media?
Is Assange a hero or a villian?

As you read this article, ... IF you read this article..., it would be nice for you to relate your thoughts on this forum. Always keep in mind, as Shakespeare and Dr. Robert Anthony assure us, there is no right or wrong. There are only difference sets of consequences and different lines of thinking. No one will be "wrong" if they decide to reflect their thoughts here.

Edited by regeneratia, 02 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,393 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

He's an idiot. That's what he is. And he's "running away from the law" which makes him a criminal too.

#3    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,339 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Assange is going to be hounded for the rest of his life for revealing some of the secrets of the the Western power structure. And I don't believe the allegations of sexual abuse/crimes; I think he's been set-up and the accusations are a means of legitimizing his persual. My only question is was he full cognizant of the personal consequences of his actions? I think the world would be a better place if there were more transparency; a lot of ugly things dwell in the darkness.

#4    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I think you've gotta be pretty out of touch if you believe that assange is being pursued because of the alleged charges he is fighting. Its very obvious that the allegations are false and the motive is to get him into custody and ship him to the rouge nation of America where he will be incarcerated for life for revealing the truth about our wicked governments. I hope if assange gets captured there are 20 more gonna take his place.

#5    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Assange is neither a "hero or villain" he is just a messenger that the US government want to shoot...

If there was no truth to the stories Assange has released, then why do the US government want him so bad, and class him as a terrorist ?

Posted Image

#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Because he stands for the truth, Assange is a hero.

Assuming, of course, that one favors standing for the truth, that truth is a good thing.

#7    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

I get the impression hes a megalomaniac, having never met him and only having the typical resources 'Media' as reference, sure hes a 'truther' but havent we had 'truthers' for decades, people who actually follow leads, hunt down issues and stories, Assange opened a website and took the credit for other peoples risks, until the Manning cablegate, Assange and wikileaks were practically non entities, only really known amongst hackers. What i do find interesting is how he has used wiki and the whole truth 'thing' as a money making scheme, books, film rights, 'donations', tshirts, mugs, caps, you name it its got a wiki logo on it for a price, wasn't he even forcing people to donate to be able to read wiki updates ?.

#8    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

He's an idiot. That's what he is. And he's "running away from the law" which makes him a criminal too.
Agreed. He's also a traitor, and should be dealt with accordingly.

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,799 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

he is someone who's broken the law - and potentially raped people - and done things in the name of the greater good, as he sees it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 03 March 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

A "traitor, and should be dealt with accordingly" ? I do not see how or why You would think that...

It was not Assange that got hold of whatever information/documents that he published on wikileaks...
It was not Assange that committed the offences the US government committed/supposedly committed...

As far as I am aware, Assange never signed any documentation (in UK it is the Official Secrets Act, not sure if You have the same/similiar thing in US) swearing him to secrecy, unlike some/most of the people that gave him the information/documents, who most likely did sign...

Assange is nothing more than a messenger that has p****d off the US government by "airing their dirty laundry in public" and leaving them with egg on their face...

Posted Image

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 03 March 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

Who has he betrayed?

View PostWearer of Hats, on 03 March 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

he is someone who's broken the law - and potentially raped people - and done things in the name of the greater good, as he sees it.

What law has he broken?

#12    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

assange and wikileaks came out of nowhere and almost immediately appeared on time magazine, the Economist and other corporate outlets.
it has to be seriously considered whether assange is a limited hangout psyop.

alternative media has been around for much longer and exposed much more than assange, yet largely ignored by the corporate media.

its in the interest of the powers that be to control opposition. fake opposition is nothing knew.
its also been pointed out that high level google staff have connections to wikileaks, and google is part of the corporate power structure. what better way to control damage for the PTB to encourage whistleblowers to go to a controlled central point such as wikileaks. the internet is diffuse, it doesn't need wikileaks.

to those that will stamp their feet over the above statement - what has wikileaks exposed exactly?

#13    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 03 March 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

assange and wikileaks came out of nowhere and almost immediately appeared on time magazine, the Economist and other corporate outlets.
it has to be seriously considered whether assange is a limited hangout psyop.

alternative media has been around for much longer and exposed much more than assange, yet largely ignored by the corporate media.

its in the interest of the powers that be to control opposition. fake opposition is nothing knew.
its also been pointed out that high level google staff have connections to wikileaks, and google is part of the corporate power structure. what better way to control damage for the PTB to encourage whistleblowers to go to a controlled central point such as wikileaks. the internet is diffuse, it doesn't need wikileaks.

to those that will stamp their feet over the above statement - what has wikileaks exposed exactly?

I have heard that interpretation before--that Wiki & Assange are part of the Zionist network.  Anything is possible, of course, but that theory does not seem likely to me.

If that were the case, I doubt he would be in the predicament he's in today.  I doubt that a Zionist agent would have angered the US government so thoroughly.

Wikileaks exposed the Collateral Murder video, which I've seen, and a horde of cables and such that I have not read.  Both simply reveal, prove, the mendacity and murderous ways of the US government.  Sure, some folks have known that for years, but the fact remains that they put all that dirty laundry out for public view.  Dirty Laundry that the mainstream media works hard to conceal.

Wiki is rather the UNmainstream media, as 7Up is the UNcola. :unsure2:

#14    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

how do you suppose one could run away from the law in this day and age of globalism and electronic surveillance?
people are extradited with no evidence.

#15    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

"angered the US government so thoroughly."
in order to create fake opposition, you have to pretend you are angered, correct?

"Wikileaks exposed the Collateral Murder video"
these things were on the internet and widely known for years before assange, like i said what has he exposed? what is his big achievement? does it really surprise anyone that people get murdered on a battlefield?

"a horde of cables and such that I have not read."
so you can;t say exctly what these cables exposed and did not expose.

"prove, the mendacity and murderous ways of the US government."
actually no, people get shot up on a battlefield does not prove murderous ways to most people's perception. they expect people to get killed in war, and they also expect people to get murdered, the video does not implicate government, more it implicates rogue behaviour of individual soldiers.

"Sure, some folks have known that for years, but the fact remains that they put all that dirty laundry out for public view.  Dirty Laundry that the mainstream media works hard to conceal."
people whose source of information is tv will unlikely go to wikileaks
people who get information from the alternative internet sources don't need a wikileaks.
if i was a whisltblower i don't need to go to wikileaks. look at climategate - it was released anonymously on the internet without going to a "wikileaks", they still don't know (or aren't saying) who released it.

Also tagged with wikileaks, julian assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users